Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new bike

Question new bike

My post is gone . Well, I think I found a barely used 07 gsx-r 600. I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to go check out the bike with me this weekend. Will buy you a beer..
    Please let me know, thanks.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: new bike

Wade and I have a 07 GSXR so feel free to come over Saturday if you want us to look it over and compare it to ours. Anytime after lunch should work.

PM me your # and I'll help you out. Afterall Gixxers are my specialty of late
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

this post http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=27556 ?

I think you will be happy with the Gsxr 750. It is a very good all around bike.
    mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

My previous posting got deleted somehow. I am a newbie so this will be my first bike. The common advice over here was to get a used bike instead of a new one. I won't be able to bring the bike to you since I won't be able to ride it. However, I am more than happy to come pick you up, let you take a look at the bike and then give you a ride back.
    thanks

No problem, Wade's first bike was an 07 gixxer too so don't believe the hype

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

AKA "Devaclis"

Sure you don't want a really sweet CBR? Didn't get pics this weekend due to the holiday and snow but I can bring it to you to look at
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Just get something CLEAN. If it's been dropped, the chain looks like crap etc. etc. it was probably not taken care of. Brand doesn't really matter, they all make excellent bikes anymore anyway.
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    No problem, Wade's first bike was an 07 gixxer too so don't believe the hype
    Yeah, but what does Wade ride now? I remember seeing that gixxer on craiglist a couple too many times...

I'm still say'n that I think a 750cc sportbike is way too much for a n00b. Hell, I think a 600cc sportbike is too much too. Look at a 500 cc sport tourer like a ninja or an sv650. Don't let your desire to get a bike trump your sense on which one you get. Ease into it. You can always get more & bigger.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Wade rides a fuckin' liter bike like all the big boys.

He rode a 600 for 6 months/7,000 miles, sold it for a profit and upgraded. He never rode a bike before and did just fine, never dropped it or a moment of trouble.
    Last edited by konichd; Tue Dec 2nd, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Yeah, but what does Wade ride now? I remember seeing that gixxer on craiglist a couple too many times...

I'm still say'n that I think a 750cc sportbike is way too much for a n00b. Hell, I think a 600cc sportbike is too much too. Look at a 500 cc sport tourer like a ninja or an sv650. Don't let your desire to get a bike trump your sense on which one you get. Ease into it. You can always get more & bigger.
    I agree. This is a 07 gsx-r 600 with 167 miles. Can you believe that? The price is awesome too...

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Sure you don't want a really sweet CBR? Didn't get pics this weekend due to the holiday and snow but I can bring it to you to look at
    Your bike is definitely sweet but this bike is practically new. I have to wonder since the deal sounds too good to be true, then it's prolly not...

Where'd you find the bike & who's selling it?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Local add, some girl is responding to my questions.

I just sold my 02 YZF600R about a month ago. It was a pretty good starter bike for me but a little heavy and bulky for me to move with my weak little girl arms. I want to get a newer 600 for my next bike but not sure what I will end up with. I'm open to suggestions though I've been eyeballing the new R6s all year...so sexy.

The new R6's are nice but for the street they are a tad bit weak in the low end. I never thought I would say this but out of all the 600's the Honda CBR would be my first choice.

How far you have fallen DK...

Careful, people might even start to like ya!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

AKA "Devaclis"

I never thought I would say this but out of all the 600's the Honda CBR would be my first choice.
    I am pretty sure this was a quote from the bible, the Declaration of Independence, and Shotgun Willy. THAT is how you know it is true and good.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Its hard to fall when you're already at Rock Bottom

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

The new R6's are nice but for the street they are a tad bit weak in the low end. I never thought I would say this but out of all the 600's the Honda CBR would be my first choice.

BEWARE!

(it weighs 26 lbs. more)

^^THAT's why Dana loves Hondas so much! They're the Lane Bryants of the sport bikes!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

That 26lbs must be in the seat because they are rock hard.

But Hands down for a 600 I would definately go with the Honda. Reliable, well designed, turns on a dime. I can't really think of one negative thing to say about the 07-newer models. Perhaps the pinicle of perfection for a 600 cc sportbike as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by FALCONSEYE View Post
    My post is gone . Well, I think I found a barely used 07 gsx-r 600. I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to go check out the bike with me this weekend. Will buy you a beer..
    Please let me know, thanks.
    There was a thread started this summer regarding things to look for before buying a used bike. Follow the link below, Rebnarb found a useful motorcycle checklist that you might like. Good Luck!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22805

Also FALCONSEYE, you can easily find your past posts/threads by clicking on your name in the top right of your screen once you log in. Click => "Statistics" => "find all posts by FALCONSEYE".
    '06 CBR1000RR

I guess posts are being deleted after certain amount of days. Great link, Toner. Very well detailed. Thank you very much. Also, somebody who is an experienced rider coming by will help tremendously.

My post is gone . ........
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    My previous posting got deleted somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toner View Post
    Also FALCONSEYE, you can easily find your past posts/threads by clicking on your name in the top right of your screen once you log in. Click => "Statistics" => "find all posts by FALCONSEYE".
    I guess posts are being deleted after certain amount of days...
    Seriously?
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=peJWxqEVXPY
    '06 CBR1000RR