Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Re: new bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toner View Post
    Funny video. But seriously !

Go to the website : http://www.cosportbikeclub.org
    click on "forums" under "club stuff"
    scroll down to "Regional groups" then click on "South Central Metro" .

Do you see the previous post?
    * seriously *

Quote Originally Posted by FALCONSEYE View Post
    Funny video. But seriously !

Go to the website : http://www.cosportbikeclub.org
    click on "forums" under "club stuff"
    scroll down to "Regional groups" then click on "South Central Metro" .

Do you see the previous post?
    * seriously *

Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    k, gave up. must be something to do with my user settings. I don't see any other postings when i look.
    Anyway, so the girl responded to me yesterday saying I should give her a call on Friday to setup a time frame to see the bike for the weekend. Will any of the expert folks be available this Saturday or Sunday?

Gonna be up at Keystone all weekend, sorry man
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

FALCONSEYE- your search settings are set to only show the threads from the last day. On the bottom of the page, where you can change the filter, change it to show threads from the last 30 days instead of last day and you will see them. Hope that helps.
    '06 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Toner View Post
    FALCONSEYE- your search settings are set to only show the threads from the last day. On the bottom of the page, where you can change the filter, change it to show threads from the last 30 days instead of last day and you will see them. Hope that helps.
    awesome, thanks Toner!

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    That 26lbs must be in the seat because they are rock hard.

But Hands down for a 600 I would definately go with the Honda. Reliable, well designed, turns on a dime. I can't really think of one negative thing to say about the 07-newer models. Perhaps the pinicle of perfection for a 600 cc sportbike as we know it.
    Curb weight to curb (wet) weight the non-ABS CBR600RR is still the lightest 600 at 410lbs.

The ABS model is porkier, since ABS adds 22lbs for 432lbs wet.

I've had 5 CBR600s from the F2 up, and the 07+ CBR600RR is the best they've ever made, and is close to being the pefect 600.

The lack of a *#$% slipper clutch keeps me from saying its the perfect 600, and I think the 09 ZX-6R will be one to watch. I expect the CBR to lose its crown as "best" 600 this spring once they compare the 09 models.

Don't get me wrong, the CBR600RR is still a fantastic bike, and I'm still tempted to get one, but by the time I add a slipper I may as well get the CBR1000RR or else save money and get a GSX-R 600 (which has had slippers since 06).

-=-
    Back to the OP: The one you've found seems ideal, I found an 07 Black w/900mi on it for more than yours and it was still a good deal.

The SV650 is probably the best starter bike out there, especially as "starter" in this case doesn't mean "disposable" like a Ninja 250 would be.

You can get a bigger bike than the SV 650, but few people move on from them having fully mastered them, they just think they need a bigger bike to go faster. In racing the SV650s typically turn lap times pretty close to the 600s, and some of the fastest riders on an SV can beat the slow-to-middle riders on 600s.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Curb weight to curb (wet) weight the non-ABS CBR600RR is still the lightest 600 at 410lbs.

The ABS model is porkier, since ABS adds 22lbs for 432lbs wet.

I've had 5 CBR600s from the F2 up, and the 07+ CBR600RR is the best they've ever made, and is close to being the pefect 600.

The lack of a *#$% slipper clutch keeps me from saying its the perfect 600, and I think the 09 ZX-6R will be one to watch. I expect the CBR to lose its crown as "best" 600 this spring once they compare the 09 models.

Don't get me wrong, the CBR600RR is still a fantastic bike, and I'm still tempted to get one, but by the time I add a slipper I may as well get the CBR1000RR or else save money and get a GSX-R 600 (which has had slippers since 06).

-=-
    Back to the OP: The one you've found seems ideal, I found an 07 Black w/900mi on it for more than yours and it was still a good deal.

The SV650 is probably the best starter bike out there, especially as "starter" in this case doesn't mean "disposable" like a Ninja 250 would be.

You can get a bigger bike than the SV 650, but few people move on from them having fully mastered them, they just think they need a bigger bike to go faster. In racing the SV650s typically turn lap times pretty close to the 600s, and some of the fastest riders on an SV can beat the slow-to-middle riders on 600s.

I agree with every word!

Todays 600cc sport bikes are more then fast enough for the street, to fast for a lot of riders. In a perfect world 6 months to a year of experience on a ex 500, sv 650 ect. would go along way on preventing crashes on modern sport bikes.
    mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

I called the owner, left a voice mail but did not hear back so far. Just to give you an update...

Visited Fay Myers on Saturday. The green 09 cbr 600 looks really sexy. They also have a used black gsx-r 600 with some scratches. I might get a real good deal on that one too. What to do(?)
    The owner of the used gsx-r 600 lives in Brighton. He wasn't available on Saturday so I am trying to set up sometime to see over the next weekend.

Don't buy new!!! And, if you can avoid it, don't buy used from a dealer! You're ALWAYS going to pay more on a dealer-sold used bike than you would buying it from an indpendent seller
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Visited Fay Myers on Saturday. The green 09 cbr 600 looks really sexy.
    Don't say that! I might have to go down there and buy it out from under you if it's as sexy as you say!
    Last edited by Wyck; Mon Dec 8th, 2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: duh me messed up the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Wyck View Post
    Don't say that! I might have to go down there and buy it out from under you if it's as sexy as you say!
    Doood, it looks sick. The bike has a different coolness factor in that green. I am kind of surprised to see that cbr600 does not have the same new look of the 1liter bike. Oh well, the green bandit will be my 2. bike.

Doood, it looks sick. The bike has a different coolness factor in that green. I am kind of surprised to see that cbr600 does not have the same new look of the 1liter bike. Oh well, the green bandit will be my 2. bike.

That's it as soon as I finish eating my chili I'm going down there!

come on, find me a 600cc already. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by the way, the dood at faymyers is riiil weird for asking $8500 for a 08 new gsxr600 + "documentation fee" . mohahahahhaaaa.

by the way, the dood at faymyers is riiil weird for asking $8500 for a 08 new gsxr600 + "documentation fee" . mohahahahhaaaa.
    It was posted on here in another thread that Britts would sell one of their new 08 cbr 600 for 8200+ tax
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

do you have their website / contact info? thanks

Try now we can only lose

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Sun had an 07 and some 08's left and the green a black SEXY 09

Guy I was talking to was named Kurt, real nice guy seamed to know his stuff too.

I went to Grand Prix Saturday. They didn't really have any 08s left but they have the new 09s out including the monster zx6. I really liked how the gsxr fit and love that they throw in all the goodies on their 600 unlike the others. So now its between the cbr and the gsxr
    Try now we can only lose

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

I vote GSXR
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" — Hunter S. Thompson

If I had the money to buy now that's probably what I would get. But I am a girl so I will probably change my mind 100 times between now and April.
    Try now we can only lose

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold