Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Winter Food Drive 2008!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Any time you think you have it bad..

I just talked to my friend and she said that MIX just had a food drive, so it's bad timing w/ them. She did however give me the number to one of her friends @ Alice that might be able to help. If they didn't try and run us over.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Re: CSC Winter Food Drive 2008!

Ninja'd!

x2!! Yikes.... that's like Chuck Norris ninja'd.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I ninja'd your ninja.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

AKA "Devaclis"

If you need a South Central Rep, I will volunteer. I have a knack for getting peeps together

Guys, if ya want to meet me tonight at the Toad we can brainstorm some good ideas. I will get my office here in DTC involved tol
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Turkeys, Cereal, whatever it is I'm sure they could use it.

Anyone know any business owners from the thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=27494

Likewise, anyone know anyone at CBS4? Though, I suppose we could just email or call them to tell them of our plans to help (though we'd probably have to help out the SA...)

-=-
    I guess, at this point, we need to decide WHO--what organization(s)--to help, and contact that charity first, then alternates if that one doesn't work out or we want to do several...

Then we need to start nailing down who from CSC will agree to help, and what they want to do. We can get an initial list, and try to contact more CSCers as they login (with a Stickied thread and something on the banner?)

Then we should start assigning them duties, their CSC contact/team organizer, and regions...

...then I dunno...start calling people?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

How about you start collecting tonight too.

Thanks Dana!

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

My plan was to contact the person who made the story at CBS4 and let them run with the follow-up. Can't do that until we know where collection points will be, however.

than sincere ignorance

AKA "Devaclis"

I will start posting up flyers and begging for donations tonight

Once we have a collection point I say we have a bit of a good natured competition to see which region can out do the other It IS for a great cause right?!?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Turkeys, Cereal, whatever it is I'm sure they could use it.

Anyone know any business owners from the thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=27494

Likewise, anyone know anyone at CBS4? Though, I suppose we could just email or call them to tell them of our plans to help (though we'd probably have to help out the SA...)

-=-
    I guess, at this point, we need to decide WHO--what organization(s)--to help, and contact that charity first, then alternates if that one doesn't work out or we want to do several...

Then we need to start nailing down who from CSC will agree to help, and what they want to do. We can get an initial list, and try to contact more CSCers as they login (with a Stickied thread and something on the banner?)

Then we should start assigning them duties, their CSC contact/team organizer, and regions...

...then I dunno...start calling people?
    I know someone who was interning @ FOX31, not sure if she's still there or not. But I could give it a try.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

AKA "Devaclis"

Damn Wicky, you know every one. Just don't say Alice here again or I will have to donate your organs for the holidays

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Grand Prix has a great many of us on their mailing list and they do the fancy lil advertisements like the one's for Boston's Night. Could that be a pick up point? Betcha I or better yet Mr. Wilson could get Chris involved.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Yeah, this definately sounds like a "we can get our work invovled" type of thing so the more details we can get, the better!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Damn Wicky, you know every one. Just don't say Alice here again or I will have to donate your organs for the holidays
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Ha! Just thought of something...make it a CSC holiday party to boot...do the donation gathering stuff and then get together later in the evening to laugh and share some "nog"...

Oooh warm fuzzies...sorry to the folks who can't stand mushy;-p...lol
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Who has Ninja "Flyer" skills? Marc???

And we can add details to it as it comes together and is agreed upon.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

My thoughts are that we should get a set plan together. A date perhaps for the final collection, and then use our contacts. I think we'd get a better responce than just calling random people w/out a plan.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Our company just concluded our Thanksgiving drive and are in the middle of our Christmas for kids campaign. One lesson learned is that in addition to food many families are without warm clothes or basic things like diapers for babies.

I'd be in on this, once we decide WHO.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

My vote is Salvation Army. The article was about them, and the news will help us get donations if we decide to benefit them. I think the 9News drive benefitted Food Bank and DRM but I am not sure.

Final collection and delivery: December 23rd. I'll take the whole day off work, and will need a couple volunteers to roam with me and collect/schlep the stuff.

Also useful would be box donations to keep it all in. Anyone have a contact at UHaul or something?

Beyond that I would like to see regional "captains" take the initiative and run with it for their areas, collecting the food. If you want to schedule a "trailer fill-up" at your location of choice let me know. Sounds like Dana already has the ball rolling. Cathy has also stepped up for the northsiiiiide. I think we should get Colo Spgs, north metro, aurora, and "west" going as well.

than sincere ignorance

If you want I can take a day off to help you Ralph. And the XTerra can hold a lot of schlepping kinds of stuff

2005 SV650S Street

AKA "Devaclis"

I hereby donate my Beans with Bacon!!

Bring it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Final collection and delivery: December 23rd. I'll take the whole day off work, and will need a couple volunteers to roam with me and collect/schlep the stuff.
    I might be able to help out on the 23rd. I'm pretty slow right now @ work so I'll see what I can do. Not a definite yet though.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    If you want I can take a day off to help you Ralph. And the XTerra can hold a lot of schlepping kinds of stuff
    Excellent! And yeah, the more local collecting you guys can do the easier this will be since we can load the trailer in large batches.

Since Dana started it... I just stocked my desk drawer with various things for the days I can't leave for lunch, but it's all going in the pile.

than sincere ignorance

AKA "Devaclis"

BTW: I have a bung of the rubbermade totes, similar to these and 2 LARGE totes that can fit an entire person in them if you guys want to use those for collections:

Good Dana! I think we have a few of those too. We just need 'em back at the end.

than sincere ignorance