Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fay Myers Finance dude....

Re: Fay Myers Finance dude....

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    I did not like the impression of "you're screwed without this". A torque wrench, a good set of tools and a few special ones with some bike stands is all I've ever needed. I'm going to read thru the owners manual tomorrow and check out the service schedule. There are many people that ride and do not wrench and there are others that like wrenching as much as riding - it's not good to assume things about a customer or question their ability.

Once you made your decision that should have been the end of that conversation. I guess if he felt necessary to keep trying he could have been a little more tactful about it.

For the service he WAS offering, what do you think it was worth? Keep in mind labour and a 10% mark up on parts..

Like I need your support

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6 View Post
    Come on seriously its sales no matter what way you look at it.

You said you were in sales so you know how it goes and all about the upsale.

This thread is just retarded.

END
    Decaf, homie! I was going to guess you either worked at the shop in question, or that sales was your deep passion...or both. I'm at least one for two...

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6 View Post
    Come visit Fay! We have a decent sale going on on all OGIO, SPY, and Oakley

So pick up some tickets and a new pair of shades for those trackdays

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    I believe this was posted in the shop experiences forum?? oh yes, it was... and it's detailing a shop experience too. Imagine that!
    Lol Its just like a waitress asking if you want dessert.

Everytime they ask you do you get bent out of shape about it? lol

How hard is it to say no and move on. I've done it everytime I bought a new bike. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Decaf, homie! I was going to guess you either worked at the shop in question, or that sales was your deep passion...or both. I'm at least one for two...

I find it funny that all I said was this thread is retarded and people jump at me, tellin me to calm down. lol

I never said that I was bent or butt hurt. Just simply laying out the scenario for others that may be buying a new bike soon so they know what to expect. With shop prices, labor and parts mark up - everyone should be doing as much of their own service as possible. Of course any dealer will try to sell you extended warranties...... but to do so in any sort of negative light is a poor sales tactic.

HD oil refinery!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

haha gotta love when dealerships come out with that stupid crap "You need to buy genuine "your brand" oil to keep your warranty"..... Funny part is that more than 60% of people fall into that and is so untrue it's ridiculous lol..... I've never personally heard that from any shop service writer/parts person at this point but I've heard it being said to other costumers around other shops while I was in for parts lol.... Only aftermarket parts COULD but most likely not void warranties or crashing within the manufacturer's 1 yr, unlimited miles warranty.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I bought my 05 SV at FM and told the sales manager I was there to purchase in cash. We agreed on an OTD price and I made a down payment (non-refundable) for them to order the bike since they didn't have any on site. They told me 4 days. A week later I call them: has it arrived? Yes, but it hasn't been put together. It'll be assembled by 5PM. Cool. So I have a friend drop me of after 5PM, I walk in cash-in-hand and tell them I'm ready to pick up a bike. After some confusion they send me up to the administration offices to and the lady hands me pages upon pages of finance paper work. She seemed confused when I explain I had cash, but I take it in stride as I assume most people don't walk in with cash.

She then hands me the total payment due which is nearly $1000 more than the OTD price the sales manager and I agreed on. I was livid! She called in the sales supervisor on duty who explained that the person I spoke with before wasn't there and wasn't to be there for a week, but in the end, there was nothing to do he could do for me as they have "policies."

Fay Meyers will never get another dime of my money. I'll go there and look, but I won't even buy a sticker from them.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    I bought my 05 SV at FM and told the sales manager I was there to purchase in cash. We agreed on an OTD price and I made a down payment (non-refundable) for them to order the bike since they didn't have any on site. They told me 4 days. A week later I call them: has it arrived? Yes, but it hasn't been put together. It'll be assembled by 5PM. Cool. So I have a friend drop me of after 5PM, I walk in cash-in-hand and tell them I'm ready to pick up a bike. After some confusion they send me up to the administration offices to and the lady hands me pages upon pages of finance paper work. She seemed confused when I explain I had cash, but I take it in stride as I assume most people don't walk in with cash.

She then hands me the total payment due which is nearly $1000 more than the OTD price the sales manager and I agreed on. I was livid! She called in the sales supervisor on duty who explained that the person I spoke with before wasn't there and wasn't to be there for a week, but in the end, there was nothing to do he could do for me as they have "policies."

Fay Meyers will never get another dime of my money. I'll go there and look, but I won't even buy a sticker from them.
    Ghey Myers FTMFL
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Jason, call the better business bureau and report 'em for a bait & switch, especially if they won't refund your deposit
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

While there is no way I could find out what happened 4 years ago, I can tell you that there is no way your situation could happen today. First, when a deal is agreed upon there is a deal sheet prepared showing the price as negotiated and signed by a manager. It doesn't matter who is there or not there when you come back, the deal sheet is on file. Second, the only way the finance issue could occur is if you initially applied for credit, was approved, and then changed your mind and decided to pay cash. Normally that would be communicated to F&I but I can see the possibility for confusion.

FYI, if you literally meant cash (not a cashier's check or such) all large cash transactions have to be reported to the IRS as part of an effort to control money laundering. This is a law, we have no choice.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    FYI, if you literally meant cash (not a cashier's check or such) all large cash transactions have to be reported to the IRS as part of an effort to control money laundering. This is a law, we have no choice.
    This is true.
    My step-mother tried to pay cash for a car (rural Kansas girl, cash-n-carry only) and was refused on these grounds.

They also told her they really weren't equiped or comfortable with handling $20K+ in cash.

So they ran her through a financing deal with no early payoff penalty and she just mailed a check for the full amount.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

If you are going to pay cash never tell them upfront, they like to think your going to finance the bike. If you had to leave a deposit due to them ordering the bike I would of put that on VISA (can always do a charge back that way, you at least have some protection). I would of also, and did when I bought my FZ1 get it in witting what we agreed to with the OTD amount, and the deposit of $100 and even had them put on their when I should expect the bike. When you buy things you should take an active approach in protecting yourself. Like I did with the buyer that was to buy my FZ1, and I made him sign a non-refundable contract for the deposit...I made $500 as he flaked out.

As for any dealer whether it be auto, or motorcycle I tell them that I am not going to meet with the finance person to be sold extras, and will rather just walk if any extras are brought up. They need the sale more then I need the product. I got to say in Michigan I never recall motorcycle dealers taking me in the back to sell me extras.

FYI, if you literally meant cash (not a cashier's check or such) all large cash transactions have to be reported to the IRS as part of an effort to control money laundering. This is a law, we have no choice.[/quote]

i think its like anything over $10,000 or something like that has to be reported.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navajowalks View Post

i think its like anything over $10,000 or something like that has to be reported.[/quote]

It is $10,000. But if you write a personal check that limit is waived:

http://www.yale.edu/tax/docs/rules_def_8300.pdf
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I’ve only purchased one bike from Fay Myers back in 1999. I was watching websites back then for prices on Blackbirds. I had been to most of the shops in town and knew what the going price was. A new one was running around $13,000 and used was in the $9,000 range. Fay at the time had several but nothing less than $9,000.

I kept tabs for about two months, then one day on Fay’s website they posted a 97’ Blackbird for $7,200. I thought this had to be a trashed used one. I printed out the webpage and headed in to see which one they were talking about.

I went up to the first sales guy I saw and showed him the print out and we went up stairs. We walked right up to one without a scratch that had 900 miles on it.

The guy looked the printout and went to check if this was right. He came back and said this was the one listed. Before he could open his mouth for what I knew was coming next I said “Sold. $7,200” and got out my checkbook.

Well this caused a flurry of managers and discussions for about an hour to figure out what happened. Finally, they said they would sell me that bike at that price. Later I found out someone had put the price they gave for trade on the site not the sales price.

They came back and clamed that they didn’t have the title. I said let me give you a down payment to hold it but they refused. They said they would have the title by the end of the week.

Friday came I showed up, they still didn’t have the title. I said I’ll come back in a few days. Wednesday came they still didn’t have the title. I said I’ll come back in a few days. Saturday came they still didn’t have the title.

This went on for 3 weeks before they coughed one up. They never admitted they were hoping I would go away but I was sure getting that impression. You just have to keep these sales people to their word and not let them chase you off, remember you have all the time on your side.
    Last edited by Snowman; Tue Jan 6th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Jason, call the better business bureau and report 'em for a bait & switch, especially if they won't refund your deposit
    That was March of 05. In retrospect that would've been a good idea, but now, they just don't get my business (and word of mouth will kill ya)

Quote Originally Posted by navajowalks View Post
    Like someone else said, I think it's only more than $10,000 and the SV was only $7200 (well, $8000 after the whole ordeal)
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I'm not sure the "you're an idiot and you should buy this" technique has ever seen much success in the sales & marketing world...
    That is exactly what i wanna say....

Seems like things have gone downhill there since it was sold to RSchomp.
    I miss the old Alameda days. Fuckin fire.

-Dedicated to all of those with BIG egos.

what about if Fay Mayers one day close down ?

Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    what about if Fay Mayers one day close down ?
    Then I wouldn't have to decide whether or not to spend $ there since they usually piss me off every other trip in.
    They tried to shove there extended warantee BS and disability etc. down my throat too. They ended up reprinting all the paperwork when I said no way

what about the "you're a fucking idiot and you are GONNA buy this" approach? hmmm?
    <------ worked on these two people over here...