Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OOPs, guess I should have worked the four hours

This thread still makes me laugh.

Yes folks, work your hours! It isn't that difficult, and avoids things like this when the end of the season rolls around and you figure out that your points are no more.

Re: OOPs, guess I should have worked the four hours

Quote Originally Posted by japrules";p="197012
    I think using military time away as an excuse is lame too...
    I didn't bring this back up so we could rip on Jay some more. He paid his dues. It's definitely a good reminder that no excuse is a good excuse.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    MRA 36 & AMA 336

Quote Originally Posted by Dysco";p="196982
    Bringing this one back to the top for educational purposes.

Novices- WORK YOUR 4 HOURS!!!
    Do it early in the year and avoid future problems.

Well said. I worked mine at SCR late last year when they offered to work the day to raise money for the fella who died. Now I dont have to worry about it.

ID race if there wernt points, I think they just call that a track day though....... But not keeping points, thats like kids playing little league and not keeping score.......
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil";p="197440
    I worked mine at SCR late last year when they offered to work the day to raise money for the fella who died. Now I dont have to worry about it.
    Dion, aren't you staying Novice? If so, I think you're required to work 4 hours again (ie: each year that you're a Novice). I'm not 100% sure, but that's my interpretation.

This is true. All novices- even the returning "fast" novices -cough-

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin
    I worked my hrs already.... MRA banquet, sucked working the door, got in so late we missed half of everything and everyone already had their food... But I don't have to worry about my hours
    Newton

Hell, I'm not even a novice yet, but my novice hours are worked off.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Quote Originally Posted by Dysco";p="196982
    Don't be a victim of procrastination: Work your hours. Nobody will feel sorry for you when you lose all your points.
    Yup....just as fair warning - I will have ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY for anyone who claims they didn't get a chance to work their hours. NONE!!

Why?? Because I begged for someone to work off their hours manning the gate at CDR the afternoon of the 16th...no one wanted to and the club had to pay a non-racer to do it.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

RACERS: WE HAVE MRA PRACTICE AT PUEBLO ON FRIDAY. This means... If you work the morning, you can still have the rest of the afternoon to ride, and your hours will be done before the season even starts!

Please note that if you work the afternoon block (1-4) you'll only get 3 hours marked down, but working the morning will get you the full 4.

This will be a fairly low-key day to work, much less hectic than a race day. So bring a couple bottles of water, light colored clothes, and some gloves, and "git 'r done"!

Man,, at first I saw this thread alive again and thought "oh shit here it comes again".. Kind of a relief that I am not getting blasted again, well except for maybe one dude who took my military comment out of context. But then I expressed it poorly the first time too.

Working a corner at CDR on saturday was alot of fun and I enjoyed getting to meet all of the gang. I am pretty sure the only ambulance ride we had was the corner worker woman, sorry didn't get her name, who had the storage gate thing in the MRA boxtruck come down on he head. But I understand she is fine now. It was scary because she sure wasn't moving when I saw her.

Congratulations to all of you novices who passed the course. Crashes seemed to be few, at least I only pichked up one bike.

I am really going to have to stop smoking if I am going to make a habit out of push starting recalcitrant KTM 525s for people. Remind me not to buy one of those when you guys see me in the pits.

later

RZ
    Just flick it in there, it should stick, errrrr, what are we talking about anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="197644
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil";p="197440
    I worked mine at SCR late last year when they offered to work the day to raise money for the fella who died. Now I dont have to worry about it.
    Dion, aren't you staying Novice? If so, I think you're required to work 4 hours again (ie: each year that you're a Novice). I'm not 100% sure, but that's my interpretation.

Yes thats true. I went a head and already worked mine for 05 to get them out of the way. I volunteerd when Glenn offered to let us work the open SCR day for the man that died. Where U donated money to the huge jug....
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera