Thread: Whats the secret on booking a European Cruise?

Whats the secret on booking a European Cruise?

For those that dont know, ill be "puttin it on paper" in june, so im looking for a European cruise deal for post 6-27..... Ive never been on a cruise, so this is new to me.... any preferred websites? Does a travel agent basically act like a middle man for something you could do yourself? Should i mention its a honeymoon?

Discuss

PS, cruise MUST go through Amsterdam
    Last edited by PhL0aTeR; Sat Jan 10th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

06 DR650SE

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Re: Whats the secret on booking a European Cruise?

I used this site a few years back to book a cruise and my parents have used it half a dozen times. Give it a try! http://www.vacationstogo.com/

All it really takes is a lot of money. I've been to Europe many times, but never on a cruise. I have friends that did the French riverboat cruise and biked through Holland last year, they booked through budget travel magazine. For my money, I'd fly to Frankfort from Denver rent a car and see it all.

I have been on a few cruises and I always start with Travelocity to search for the different cruises they seem to have the best search engine for specfic times and places. From there you can shop them around on different travel sites. I have never gone through a travel agent. The thing to watch is make sure the plane gets there way before the cruise leaves. I would get there a day or two before since it's your honeymoon that way you will be over the long flights and ready to party.

Take lots of cash if you plan on drinking a lot.

Cruisecritic.com is a great site for info from fellow cruisers.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

Been on a few cruises. Royal Carribean is one of the better cruise lines. Stay away from Princess, they tend to have more families and more younger kids.

when you book your cruise, i might suggest you ask for the later of the two dinner times. Also, if you tend to drink a lot of alcohol make sure you keep an eye on your tab. Prices of drinks add up quick!

As for food. They got buffet style food all day long, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. however, for dinner, I would recommend going to the formal ones. It's the one i mentioned earlier about choosing the later one. It's usually around 7pm verse 5pm. At the formal dinner they usually have 3 main courses to choose from. And they are much better than the buffet dinners. oh, little hint. You can order all 3. No extra charge, it's part of the whole deal. One bad thing about cruises. You always seem to put on 10lbs. lol.

Let's see what else, everything for purchase is duty free. so if you wanna buy your girl jewelry, yourself some nice alcohol, etc.. get it on the ship.

The only bitch about cruises, is leaving the ship. They give you colored stickers to put on your bags on the last day. you put your bags outside your door that night, then in the morning they annouce your colors to leave. you don't all just leave at the same time.

aight man, have fun on your honeymoon.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).