Thread: Nameplate vendor.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Nameplate vendor.

Ok, I don't know if anyone remembers or not, but I thought it would be interesting to get the header section of an Akra or Yosh race system, gut and rebuild the internals of the stock can, and then have a new mid-pipe made to connect them. That way you'd have full-system performance with a stock look (appropriate EPA wording) to fool da man and the courts. Well, here's a sompany that specializes in nameplates, and you could also take the Yosh or Akra (or other) nameplate off, and have a new "stock" one made to fit the existing rivit locations, or even drill another hole if needed. You could make it look totally stock if you took the time to get a Suzuki (or other brand) logo, and put some wording on it in plain black-n-white colors. It would really be hard for them to prove it wasn't stock if you did it right, as it's not too hard to prove it's an aftermarket pipe when it says "Yosh" on it.

Food for thought....

Anyways, here's a link:

http://www.nelsonusa.com/about/
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Re: Nameplate vendor.

I use Nelson at work to make nameplates and pushbutton membranes. They're quality is good, but I think it would have to be an order of a bunch of units to make it worth the time & money. The only issue there is the EPA might come after whoever was heading it up.

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSIX24 View Post
    I use Nelson at work to make nameplates and pushbutton membranes. They're quality is good, but I think it would have to be an order of a bunch of units to make it worth the time & money. The only issue there is the EPA might come after whoever was heading it up.
    Well, they'd be happy to make a one-off. Even if it cost $50, or even $100, if it was almost guaranteed to prevent tickets, wouldn't it be worth it?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

How about run you stock exhaust that way you don't go to jail for illegally tampering with a vehicles emission system?

You try it first Frank
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Well, they'd be happy to make a one-off. Even if it cost $50, or even $100, if it was almost guaranteed to prevent tickets, wouldn't it be worth it?
    If they could do it for $100 or less that wouldn't be bad. You might be able to have someone around town do a laser etching and just radius the metal piece afterwards too.

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    How about run you stock exhaust that way you don't go to jail for illegally tampering with a vehicles emission system?

You try it first Frank
    I AM running bone-stock (since new in '01).

You'll never go to jail for an equipment violation.

I'm saying you'll stand WAY less chance of a ticket doing that than leaving the "Yosh" nameplate on.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian