Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media coincidence, Hmmmmmmm

Media coincidence, Hmmmmmmm

Not that I really give a shit, but...

So, Obama signed the papers to close Guantanamo yesterday. Today, the news is full of all the previous prisoners released and how they are back into terrorism and one dude released in 2007 is an Al-Qaeda boss, now. I guess no one knew this until the papers were signed.

Why does the facility have to be shut down?!? If people are bitching about torture, stop torturing!! To me, it's like throwing away your car because it has a flat. Since I'm not a politician, I'm smart enough to just change the tire...

Oh yeah, torture the fuck out of those animals. They're a defective people, for the most part. Think my way or I'll blow you up!! God bless the AK!!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Fri Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:34 AM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Media coincidence, Hmmmmmmm

I believe that there are better places to keep political prisoners/suspected terrorists. A hastily tossed together prison put the prisoners AND their detainees in conditions that are conducive to abuse. I think it is good to close this place down. There is even talk about sending some of the displaced prisoners to Colorado.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

So Guantanamo is worse than the caves they live in?!? I did not know that.

They haven't heard the term "remodel" or am I just being facetious...
    Kim & Dean

No Getmo is nicer than the Supermax in Florence.

MRA Racer No.427

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    So Guantanamo is worse than the caves they live in?!? I did not know that.

They haven't heard the term "remodel" or am I just being facetious...
    In their caves they have the choice to leave or to stay.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    We've got some pretty bad prisons here in the U.S. Are they on the list to be shut down as well?!?

FYI - 12 or 13 prisons are in or near Florence. The citizens want them there. Tons of guberment cheese, I mean money.
    Kim & Dean

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

But the ambiance that Florence lacks is made up tenfold by the tropical hurricanes that Cuba experiences.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    In their caves they have the choice to leave or to stay.
    Well, they only leave if they're going to blow ya up.
    Kim & Dean

the Supermax in Florence.
    Ah, I love the fact that the name of a fearsome prison only makes me think of a solution to heavy-flow menstruation
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    But the ambiance that Florence lacks is made up tenfold by the tropical hurricanes that Cuba experiences.
    I sure your right freezing concrete can’t match the warm tropical sun they are use to.

MRA Racer No.427

...and what's for lunch?!?!
    Kim & Dean

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

I was thinking about moving them all to a minumum secerity prison in Alaska. They can leave if they want to. But its not advisable.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

AKA "Devaclis"

Not to start a shitstorm, but it probably will:

If you have never been in jail or prison, you really do not know how much better you have it when you are not in one. Granted, going from one incarceration facility to another is not ideal but it may provide these people (yeah, they really are human beings) the ability to be treated as if they are innocent until they have actually been proven guilty. They are detainees after all.

Imagine, if you can, being held wrongly by a people who vehemently believe that you are the worst form of life on the planet. You did nothing wrong except maybe know the names of some people who DID do wrong. No, really, close your fucking eyes and imagine yourself there. Taken from your family and friends. Your life, your freedom, gone. And they can hold you until you die never giving you a trial to prove your innocence or guilt.

I doubt, that even if you put yourself in that place, that you could understand what some, not all, but some of those people are going through. They are prisoners of war and you guys are bitter because the horrible facility they are being kept in is going to be shut down. The captured people are going to be moved to other facilities and possibly treated better.

Right, THEY should be beaten like dogs and tortured. Man, you guys really need t oreconsider if you are human or nt.

AKA "Devaclis"

You know, hate is s strong word and and even stronger feeling. Ironically, I am feeling it towards some people right now.

Peace out

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Not to continue the shit strom that Dana started. But I will anyway.

If you let them go you will be a bleeding heart liberal that sucks cock. If you keep them locked up out of the country you are a liberal douche that loves the cock.

Why not do something that is in the bill of rights. Move them to America and give them a trial. If they are innocent then let them go. If they are guilty keep them in jail for as long as the law lets you. Then deport them.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Wow!! I didn't mean to get ya rollin' like that! Now that you hate me, I guess no more lunches?

BTW - I'm only admitting this because of your last post. I have done time, believe it or not. I've also done time for something I didn't do and had proof that I was innocent. But, like so much television, the courts/judges didn't care. The police report even stated the same thing I was telling the judge. None of it mattered!!

Damn Dana, you really can't tell when I'm bored and just trying to boost my post count!

I really do think they're animals, though...
    Kim & Dean

Couldn't we just shoot them in the head like they would like to do to us? That would be cheap and easy. No pain really because they'd be dead in a muzzle flash, so there wouldn't be anymore "torture."

Ninja in slammah x3 All debts paid in full. Never again.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    Couldn't we just shoot them in the head like they would like to do to us? That would be cheap and easy. No pain really because they'd be dead in a muzzle flash, so there wouldn't be anymore "torture."
    +1
    Innocent or not, they still got their 72 virgins, so what's the problem!!
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    I vote for Stalin like show trials and firing squads.

They should really PPV that shit. Pay off some national debt!!

I'm gonna be gone for a while. Can't wait to see where this shit is when I get back...
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofColorado View Post
    Not to continue the shit strom that Dana started. But I will anyway.

If you let them go you will be a bleeding heart liberal that sucks cock. If you keep them locked up out of the country you are a liberal douche that loves the cock.

Why not do something that is in the bill of rights. Move them to America and give them a trial. If they are innocent then let them go. If they are guilty keep them in jail for as long as the law lets you. Then deport them.
    As the shit storm continues…
    I agree with DavidofDenver.

Wait did I just say I agreed with DavidofDenver? Damn, I need a drink.

MRA Racer No.427

As the shit storm continues…
    I agree with DavidofDenver.

Wait did I just say I agreed with DavidofDenver? Damn, I need a drink.
    And a shrink

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Not to start a shitstorm, but it probably will:

If you have never been in jail or prison, you really do not know how much better you have it when you are not in one. Granted, going from one incarceration facility to another is not ideal but it may provide these people (yeah, they really are human beings) the ability to be treated as if they are innocent until they have actually been proven guilty. They are detainees after all.

Imagine, if you can, being held wrongly by a people who vehemently believe that you are the worst form of life on the planet. You did nothing wrong except maybe know the names of some people who DID do wrong. No, really, close your fucking eyes and imagine yourself there. Taken from your family and friends. Your life, your freedom, gone. And they can hold you until you die never giving you a trial to prove your innocence or guilt.

I doubt, that even if you put yourself in that place, that you could understand what some, not all, but some of those people are going through. They are prisoners of war and you guys are bitter because the horrible facility they are being kept in is going to be shut down. The captured people are going to be moved to other facilities and possibly treated better.

Right, THEY should be beaten like dogs and tortured. Man, you guys really need t oreconsider if you are human or nt.
    While I agree with you in principle, I have to disagree with you in application. Let me explain the best that I can. Yes, in general terms it would suck to be ripped from your life and family to be carted off to a place where you are inprisoned and likely treated in ways that are not within the standards that you are accustomed. That would rate pretty freakin high on the sucks scale! On the other side of the coin, even if they are not actively killing our brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, mothers and fathers that are over there, even if they are only providing shelter for those that do, or simply not revealing who these people are, then I have absolutely no sympathy for them what-so-ever! If detaining one person, or 100 people, prevents one of my brothers from being killed or wounded, then I say it is worth it! Until you have been in that position to have to deal with crap, you can not possibly understand how difficult it can be. Until you have stood on the line with your weapon in hand and had the people around you get shot or wounded simply because we do not know the names of the people that are shooting, then I don't think that you have the full impact of what someone's silence can do. When you have to drag your buddy to safety because he has been shot, or hit with an IED, or worse yet, you come home and have to face the families of the troops in your charge, then you will completely understand why we do the things that we do. With that said, I can see this turning into a discussion about "why are we over there?" or "bring our troops home". I am not looking to get into that debate. The fact remains that, as long as we are there, bad things happen to good people on both sides of the line and I feel it is in our collective best interest to do what we have to do to keep our boys trooping and stomping until this is resolved. Just remember, this isn't laser tag. They are shooting real bullets and using real bombs. Sometimes we have to take real measures to help ensure the safety of our brothers and sisters in arms who have stood up and accepted the challenge that this great country has laid before them!

The last thing I will say about this is that I can also recognize that we live in a country that allows us all to have different opinions. It also allows us the freedom to express these opinions. I respect and appreciate that. I hope that you don't feel that I am attacking you. I am simply stating my opinion from a "been there, done that" perspective and putting a spin of reality on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofColorado View Post
    Because they do not fall under our bill of rights! Our laws and ways of life do not apply to them. Whether we agree with it or not, that is the way it is. . .
    Last edited by ghostrider_9; Fri Jan 23rd, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
    www.onthemarcphotography.com