Thread: Edgewater- anyone live near? hows the area?

Edgewater- anyone live near? hows the area?

We've been looking for a house for a while, hopefully buying late spring/early summer. I noticed he houses were reasonably priced in the Edgewater area + Sloans lake is close, close to downtown too. Overall how is the area? Thanks for any input -D

Re: Edgewater- anyone live near? hows the area?

Edgewater is a good area with some sweet older houses!
    Mike

Why tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death!

www.myspace.com/mikehoner
    http://www.pickeringsauto.com/index.htm
    I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

One of my best friends is a LEO for Edgewater... there are nice streets, and there are streets that you want to avoid. Overall, The Sloan's Lake area has been getting better the last few years as younger professionals move in and push the criminal element out.

PM me the address and I can bounce it off my buddy to get his opinions.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I lived in the highlands area for 4 years - up until about a 1.5 yrs ago. I miss it!!!

Beautiful neighborhoods and architecture but it is one of a few that is still trying to emerge from .... for lack of better words - gangland.

There are definately areas that are safer/nicer/better than others but I've walked alone at night all over around there. Maybe not the best idea ever but I'm here to talk about it.

I'd move back there in a heartbeat!!! Edgewater police is right across the street from Sloans (pub/restaurant) and they definately show a presence in the neighborhoods.
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.