Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vickery motorsports, not impressed

Vickery motorsports, not impressed

Vickery sold me an 06 R6 about a week ago. The price was decent and it had a flush turn signal kit and sliders already on it. I was going to install those two anyway so went ahead and bought it from them. I rode the bike to my house which was about 5 miles away. Went in for a couple of hours to buy insurance. I come out and the thing won’t start. As you all can imagine, I am not too thrilled at this point. The next day I picked up a battery charger and charged it. It started after a couple of attempts. To back track a little bit, when I bought the bike it had a slight hesitation when getting on the throttle. I was thinking it may need to have a tank of gas ran through it and it would clear up. I called the sales guy and he told me to come by and have them check it out. They checked the bike, did not replace the battery and then told me that R6's have a hesitation when getting on the throttle. I am somewhat doubting that, if any of you R6 guys have any input on throttle response, let me know cause it does not seem normal to me. It is beginning to clear up slightly as it goes through this tank of gas however still has the hesitation. As if this issue was not enough, the next day the sales dude calls me and tells me that the original financing rate I agreed to is not what I am getting. They bumped me up to the next highest interest rate and pretty much told me I couldn’t do anything about it. Overall the experience was not good. I should have gone elsewhere. On the bright side they did tell me to bring the bike in if the hesitation issue still occurs once I get through this tank. Hopefully they actually keep their promise and take care of the issue if it still exists however at this point my confidence and trust in them is very low. Thought I would share my story.

Re: Vickery motorsports, not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    As if this issue was not enough, the next day the sales dude calls me and tells me that the original financing rate I agreed to is not what I am getting.
    You should be able to return the bike then.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

That would be optimal however the sales guy pretty much told me "I just wanted to let you know that the interest rate we provided earlier is not what you are getting, I wanted you to know that before you got the first statement". He essentially told me that, I paraphrased it slightly from what I remember of the call. I told him I was not excited about that fact and he did not show much regard at all. I am gonna double check all my paperwork for the original interest rate promised. Hopefully its somewhere there so I have proof. I would get a lawyer however prefer not to spend more money than I would get back.

On the interest rate there are two possibilities. For the sake of the discussion I will say you were told 10% and they are now saying 12%. If your loan papers say 10% they HAVE TO honor that, that note is a legal contract. However if the note says 12% you are unfortunately stuck, the same point of a legal contract still stands. You could take action for being misled, however it is your legal responsibility to read and know what you are signing. FYI they have to give you a copy of the note with all the terms and conditions plainly spelled out.

Thats the thing, I went through every piece of paper they gave me and no where does it state the interest rate agreed to. Only the full purchase price shows on it.

If you signed one of these with original purchase http://www.cadaonline.org/enewslette...ighted--v4.pdf
    and haven't signed another contract you should be okay. Tell em to fuck off or take the bike back.

Give me a minute, I am getting a scan ready of what you should have received

My scanner isn't working, but here is a sample agreement:

http://wolterskluwerfs.com/ric/conte...preprinted.asp

This is the legal contract regarding your financing

I actually have papers that look like both of those, I initialed the above portion for the form posted by zetaetatheta and not the interest rate portion, the sales rep crossed that part out. As far as the form longrider posted, it shows the financing company name being HSBC however the interest rate value is blank. As far as the throttle response hesitation, anybody have any input on that. I could be in first gear, twist the throttle and have to wait several seconds for it to stop choking and actually start moving. The same issue happens in other gears even at higher rpm's.

The legal side of your deal is really smelling fishy, from your description of the disclosure form it sounds like you initialed for a cash sale, and on the installment sale contract leaving the interest rate blank makes it a void contract.

Regarding the bike, I dont have an R6 and have never ridden one but there is no way it should do what you are describing. A slight (1/2 second) hesitation could be possible even though it shouldnt even do that. Several seconds is absolutely not right.

One thing I have to say, my statements regarding your contract are my personal opinion spoken as an individual and NOT as a representative of my employer or any other business. Also, I am not a lawyer.
    Last edited by longrider; Sun Feb 8th, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

One more note, HSBC is a very legitimate financing source.

I will talk to them on Tuesday and see what they say. They are closed on Monday for whatever reason. At this time point I can honestly say that I believe I have been royally screwed. My 97 FZR 600 performed better than this thing, that’s definitely not right.

Yea I know about HSBC, I have a credit card through them. I know your not a lawyer as well, no worries there, I will not hold you liable lol.

I've got a 04 R6 and I have no hesitation at all... Sounds like something is wrong with that bike. If you think it's the gas, go down to pep boys and get a syphon and start with a fresh tank.

The hesitation problem could indicate a faulty ECU. Since it is an 06 it has a fly by wire throttle, my guess would be the YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) CPU within the ECU has failed. I would either bring the bike back or have them replace the ECU with a brand new factory one and have someone qualified COMPLETELY troubleshoot and look over the ENTIRE YCC-T system. Hope it gets resolved for you.
    Mike

Vickery sucks! shoulda gone to grand prix
    Knee2Ground Racing

yo dude, i have an R6 and i know my temp has to be around 180-200 for me to have proper acceleration. . Was your bike warmed up?

If yes, then i have no idea what the problem is.

yea it was warmed up and still does that. Probably should have gone to grand prix. I really hope Vickery makes this right, at this time it really is not.

Vickery is probably more likely to make it right than GPM. I am not sponsored by either, just personal experiance.

I will talk to them on Tuesday and see what they say. They are closed on Monday for whatever reason. At this time point I can honestly say that I believe I have been royally screwed. My 97 FZR 600 performed better than this thing, that’s definitely not right.
    Does this bike have a pipe and/or aftermarket air filter? As lean as the EPA makes Yamaha calibrate the fuel injection to pass emissions, it is highly possible that these small changes would affect throttle response and ridability, particularly at low rpm and/or small throttle openings.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Pretty much all bike dealers are closed Sunday and Monday. It's their weekend.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Unfortunate situation... If the salesman blows you off, go in and talk with Bill Vickery himself. I bought my zx-14 from him and unlike many other stealerships in Denver, Bill still owns and operates the place.

Keep us posted...

***note: Like Bueller, I don't work for another dealership... just my personal opinion.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

It is completely stock besides the sliders and turn signals. No other modifications as far as I know. It happened on Saturday as well at 6k on the highway. I was in 4th gear I believe and twisted the throttle, it would not go past 6k, it started choking. That eliminates the excuse of the low rpm R6 issue they told me about. Other R6 guys are not having this issue at any RPM or gear from what it seems which worries me. If it gets to that point, I will definitely go to Bill.

Kim's R6 has no hesitation. As a matter of fact, it comes on harder than my R1. I don't know how she controls it on the track. It's instant power!! Although, it is a 2003.

Freeway Ford tried to pull the same thing on interest rates. I already had the truck for a week and told them I would be right down to return the truck. The finance dude was amazed I was actually going to return it. I was visiting Mark at Vanmar when I got the call. By the time I got home, there was a message stating that the original rate was honored.

Those assholes also made it sound like they were doing me a favor.

Same thing with my fifth wheel. All the paper work was signed and they come back with a different interest rate. I got up to walk out and they wouldn't let me. They're always blown away when you won't eat their shit!! Anyway, after standing at the door for a few minutes, they too honored the original rate.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M