Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vickery motorsports, not impressed

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: Vickery motorsports, not impressed

Our 07 R6 does not have any hesitation what so ever. Its also bone stock with no mods (only has @350 miles) so no this is not normal.

They must honor the interest rate on the paper quoted to you. If not report them to CIADA and they will face fines/penalties for trying to switch the rates.

Take it back...period
    Last edited by konichd; Mon Feb 9th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

I called the sales guy and left him a message, I imagine he will call me back tomorrow. Its quite clear that they fed me a line about r6's hesitating. The thing with the interest rate is that they did not even put a rate on the finance agreement. I dont want to jump to conclusions here however I have been mistreated by both the sales and service department as far as facts go so I cant help but jump to conclusions here. We shall see how it goes, I will keep you all posted.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

^^If they did not mark down the interest rate the contract is null and void. If you want a second opinion stop by the CIADA building and talk to them about the legality of that contract.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by R6biker122 View Post
    yo dude, i have an R6 and i know my temp has to be around 180-200 for me to have proper acceleration. . Was your bike warmed up?

If yes, then i have no idea what the problem is.
    Your '01 has carburetors while his '06 has fuel injection - different animals. The FI R6's are not as finicky as a carbed bike when they are cold.

Sergio - My '05 R6 has no hesitation at any operating temperature.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

The 06's started with the 'fly by wire' YCC-T which would most likely be the leading cause of the problems with that bike.

I would agree with Konichd and just take it back they were misleading in the contract and also sold a faulty motorcycle, which may not have been properly inspected
    Mike

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

I bet if you take the bike back to the dealer and tell them to stick it, you might get them to be reasonable.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

If the deal has been shady so far, make sure they don't try to put numbers into you contract when you go back to talk about it. Make a copy of the contract so you have some proof that they left the line blank in case they try to pull some crap.

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    They are closed on Monday for whatever reason.

-Dedicated to all of those with BIG egos.

I called the sales guy today and was told that they would take the bike back and get me a great deal on something else. My faith in them is slowly restoring, we shall see how it goes. Anybody have any experience with those new FZ6R's. I know its not an R6 however am wondering if any of you guys have ridden them before and your impressions.

Tell them to go pound sand.

Go get your own financing sorted out and then go somewhere else. Try OTD motorsports.
    '02 RC-51 - Street

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    Tell them to go pound sand.

Go get your own financing sorted out and then go somewhere else. Try OTD motorsports.
    +1
    Also try GForce Powersports, west of Wadsworth on Colfax
    Mike

Board Newbie

Everyone is so quick to hang others for something that turned out ok. First off I can say that even though people have good and bad experiences everywhere, did Vickery really do something wrong? Sounded like they wanted to help or were trying? First off if the salesman has been trying to rectify your situation and get you back smiling when you first bought the bike I would say praise the dealership and your sales guy for not leaving you hangin. End result looks like it works out for you anyway? They are taking the bike back regardless of what the service department said. Vickery spends more time dealing with customer relation issues than any other dealership in this state. If service is willing to rectify your situation but wanted to see if time would help it run better, whats wrong with that? Sounds to me like you are being unreasonable at this point and all you guys that are trying to fuel the fire should honestly look at what you would do if you were done wrong by mistake at a shop you trust. I think vickery is a great shop as well as many others but everyone has their issues. The interest rate part sucks but how bad did you want that bike? Was the service department being open to your issues? Hesitation happens for many reasons, first rule out is getting the system clean. Fuel cleaner? Next would be to check the diag system? Clean the Throttle bodies? Any FI light? Did you communicate with service after you complained to them about your issue? Vickery is a great shop and goes well beyond for all their customers. That includes service. And whoever said earlier about their girlfriends R6 has better of the line performance than their R1 should take their R1 to Vickery--that bike needs to be looked at. #456 needs to check yourself. Bein on the track out there with the MRA may not make you any friends talking like that about dealerships that may come to your rescue when your in need.

I love how people chime in and put in their 2 cents just to bad mouth a shop they have never been to.
    oh and its a R6s btw

+1roadrazr.

also #456, being humble is key. representing a shop while bad mouthing another isnt the best way to keep a sponsorship.

Erik
    Last edited by cromer611; Wed Feb 11th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Seems to me they saw that you had the right to return due to the contract for financing being messed up so they had no choice but to be the "nice" guy in the deal. I would probably tell them thanks but no thanks and look elsewhere out of principle.

^^Agreed. It sounds like it was a bait & switch. Whether it was a mistake in the paperwork or a purposeful attempt to screw you, you'll probably never know. If the problem is as you described and the service department just said "oh, that's the way those are" then it shows that they had no interest in helping you. If the sales guy was smart, he realized that he put the dealership, and himself, in a very bad position regarding the interest rate and any possible bad PR, fines, and headache. It could all very well have been a series of mistakes/misteps/misinterpretations, but the way you make it sounds is that they were backed into acquiescing.

Now if they've truely given you the run around, why would you turn right back around and hand them more money?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I like Vickery, well except that guy Rick in Service. He's a jagoff.
    J/K Rick

It seems like the sales dept tried to pull a bit of a run-around on the guy and they got called out for it. They're making it right, which is good, but I wouldn't give them a second chance at it.

My personal feelings are that you if you screw up my dinner and make it right, I'll probably come back again. If you fuck with thousands of dollars of my money you'll never see me again no matter what you do to make it right. You don't get to screw that one up twice.

If I was him I'd take it as a lesson learned, go get my own financing through a bank/credit union (which you should always do before going to buy a vehicle) and go somewhere else.
    '02 RC-51 - Street

~Dave Karlotski

^^ agreed...ask the guy with the R6 that he still owes 10k on about financing with the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrazr View Post
    ...And whoever said earlier about their girlfriends R6 has better of the line performance than their R1 should take their R1 to Vickery--that bike needs to be looked at.
    Don't ya hate how people fuel the fire? Me too.

I hate it when people post and get the quotes wrong. Pretty much daily business for forums, I guess.

It's my wife, not girlfriend. That one can be a freebie as you might not know my marital status.

I never said her R6 has better off the line performance. My R1 crushes her R6 in every way. What I did say was;

Quote Originally Posted by kim-n-dean
    Kim's R6 has no hesitation. As a matter of fact, it comes on harder than my R1. I don't know how she controls it on the track. It's instant power!! Although, it is a 2003.
    Now, to explain to ya what that means. It means when she brakes to the apex and goes to roll on the throttle, it hits real hard with a lot of power. Hard to make a smooth transition. My R1 rolls on very smooth, but still way more power than her R6...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Where do I start, so many comments to respond to. To start off with Mr. roadrazr, "The interest rate part sucks but how bad did you want that bike?” Regardless of how much I wanted that bike, it does not make it right.

I do agree with you on other point’s roadrazr. Vickery is trying to make it right and I have the utmost respect for their effort. However you must understand where I am coming from as a consumer. Regardless if I purchase a new or used bike, r6 or r6s, I should not have issues with the bike or the financing. The bike should have been tested thoroughly prior to selling it. Mistakes happen, details are overlooked and I do understand that however I should not be happy with it.

I have the right to be upset and nobody in their right mind can tell me that I do not have that right in this situation.

I agree with the rest of you guys, I should be weary of giving them my business again. From what I gathered in my short conversation with the sales guy, they are trying to make a genuine effort to make it right. I am willing to provide them a chance to do so. If it’s still not up to par, I always have the option of walking away. I am going there tomorrow morning to return the current bike. I will definitely get on afterwards and let you all know what happened. We shall see.
    Last edited by sergio; Wed Feb 11th, 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistake, message not edited otherwise

Good luck bro.
    For My Diavan

I went back this morning. I can honestly say they took care of me. I ended up with a new R6. In my opinion it takes alot for a shop to admit a mistake and make it right. They went above and beyond to resolve the situation. You could tell alot about a shop when it comes to how they deal with dissatisfied customers. My trust in them has been restored. I am glad I gave them a second chance; it was a tough decision to make. It was a good choice on my end.

Good to hear that it all worked out for you.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Thats good news. Now post pics of the new bike!!
    For My Diavan

Hear, Hear!

I'm glad cooler heads prevailed...and I'm glad things worked out. That kind of situation is so tough. I certainly would have gotten my panties in a big ole' twist over something like that.