Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: How do you deal with a breakup???

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Re: How do you deal with a breakup???

mustard seed poo, yum.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    i understand that but you can't say that every single guy or girl that finds out they are going to become a parent will change. as i said, most do, but there are still a great amount that do not.
    I second that motion...er, emotion, er...

And that's why I be single now. Nothing like hearing promise after promise get broken day after day, month after month...er yeah, you get the picture. Amazing I ain't just a tad more messed up maself after 16 years of that shtuff. And what really irks me to this day? We had this long, drawn out conversation before I got preggers the first time. The point of the discussion was "growing up!" and I was 24, he was 28...gah! He swears he doesn't remember that discussion. Some people never, ever get it.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    ... drawn out conversation before I got preggers the first time. The point of the discussion was "growing up!" and I was 24, he was 28...gah! He swears he doesn't remember that discussion. Some people never, ever get it.
    It seems they never remember the conversations that remind them of responsibility.
    My 250 can beat up your 250...
    cause its a Ninja

no one ever had to have that discussion with me : pats self on back:
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

1st you have to ask yourself what caused the breakup. And has it happened before, and what can you do differently the next time.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Knowing one is pregnant DOES make them change overnight.
    +1000
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Board Newbie

one thing that was key for me recently was deleting or blocking my ex from my online life. if you can see their pics...their status etc. it will only continue to dig at you. you might be inclined to keep looking etc. but it will only drag you down. as they move on you will still be looking at pics and be stuck in the past. i know i did it. out of sight= makes it easier for (out of mind). new experiences and memories shield or replace the old. gluck

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch View Post
    I have seen it mentioned off hand couple people who went through breakups recently, divorces, ends to things that they didn't want to end.

So, out of curiosity, how do you deal with the end to a relationship? We are talking involved (year+ not weeks/months), deeply caring for someone and it ends, well, not so mutually (like, surprise!! my ex is moving back and I never gave a shit about you).

Figure this might be a nice change of something to talk about without the political BS
    I'm sorry for your heartbreak. The world is full of users who string someone along until what they see as a better offer comes along. They stay with you so they won't be alone, or to get help with finances, or for regular sex, etc, etc. These are selfish people who tend to look at the world in a whats-in-it-for-me-attitude. I'll bet that if you think back, you will find that he did or said things that should have given you a hint about what he was all about. If you become a better observer, you may be able see these traits in people before they can hurt you. If it helps, the thing with his ex probably won't last. If it would, they wouldn't have broken up in the first place.
    THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF RIDERS: THOSE THAT HAVE CRASHED, AND THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO CRASH.

Look on the bright side! It was not meant to be Now you are free to do anything you want
    -
    eats pussy cat