Thread: WSBK 2009 R1 race bike...

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

WSBK 2009 R1 race bike...

Can't wait until March 1st!

Hope Ben Spies and Tom Sykes show Nitro Nori how to ride an R1. Both are up and coming talented young blokes!

Any news on how Nakano/Biaggi are doing on the RSV-4?
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Re: WSBK 2009 R1 race bike...

That is sick!!
    Although Spies and Sykes are great riders, there is nothing they can teach HAGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R1NORI View Post
    That is sick!!
    Although Spies and Sykes are great riders, there is nothing they can teach HAGA!!!
    I definitely agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    I definitely agree...

you just agree casue asains have to stick together lol

Damn, I'm Asian???? I been lying on all my applications putting down black/african american!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

I know... gotta root for my countrymen, but getting tired of watching Haga bin a perfectly winable race on his own early in the season, only to try to catch up with late double wins and barely losing the championship. Plus the fucker is on a duc now... Would have loved to watch Haga win the title on a R1, not a Duc with 200 more CCs. He's probably saying the opposite, "I'm fucking tired of losing out to the ducs!"
    Definitely a fun rider to watch though.

I think Kiyonari and Rea will also be a pretty strong threat as well. Ten Kate Honda have a very strong line up, and now with a year under their belts with the new 1000RR, I think they'll do well.

Two countrymen that I'm not sure why they made it back to the series. Kagayama and Tamada. Kagayama should take over Carlos Checa's nickname (careless chucker), and Tamada needs a happy pill or some kind of motivational speech so he actually cares about his job.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

I would ride that R1 harder than a whore on dollar day

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Haga-san is one tough mofo and a damn good rider.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r View Post
    Me too!

I bet Bayliss now wishes that he had kept racing another year. The 2009 season should be one of the the best, most competitive ever in world superbike.

[quote=ShinySideUp;410645]I would ride that R1 harder than a whore on dollar day [/q

as would I

My predictions are Spies 1st and Shakey a very close 2nd in the Championship..... Go Spies.....USA!!! It's about time we had a top rider in WSB
    What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger!!!

2006 CBR1000RR
    2001 GSXR 750 track

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r View Post

Hope Ben Spies and Tom Sykes show Nitro Nori how to ride an R1. Both are up and coming talented young blokes!

Any news on how Nakano/Biaggi are doing on the RSV-4?

This is the latest I'd read on them:

December 17, 2008

Max Biaggi and Shinya Nakano answer Aprilia fans questions about the all new Aprilia RSV4 Superbike

From the many questions sent by the members of the My Aprilia community, Aprilia selected the most common inquiries surrounding the development of the RSV4 and sent them to the riders who will represent Aprilia in this year's World Superbike Championship. Max Biaggi and Shinya Nakano answered Aprilia fans questions whilst they were at the Kyalami Circuit in South Africa testing the RSV4 machine for the 2009 World Superbike Season, below you will find their responses.

HANDLING

Aprilia has always been famous for its refined handling, knowing no equal. Does this new RSV4 follow suite? How does it behave when entering into and coming out of curves, during directional changes, and with its weight balance? Could you also give us your thoughts about the improvements made in respect to the already solid RSV 1000?

BIAGGI: “It's not an easy question to answer since I've only taken the RSV4 out twice and am still working hard to find the perfect feeling. It is certainly more manageable and very precise upon entering into curves. Nonetheless, we still have a lot of work to do in order to bring it to the top level. We are trying to do the most to optimize the handling in respect to the electronics and the engine. It does well coming out of curves (even if the movement is a bit skittish) and I am amazed at how it changes direction. I am also happy about its extreme reactivity”.

NAKANO: “Up until this point of my career, I've always competed with prototypes so I initially thought I would have difficulty during this experience with Aprilia. Yet the RSV4 is really a “racing” motorcycle and I immediately found a great feeling. It has an optimal limber that we worked on a lot during the first test since I think it is of utmost importance; I immediately achieved the sensation I had been seeking. It is still a bit skittish when coming out of curves although that doesn't depend on the mechanics but instead the power supplying and engine mapping. In directional changes it feels a bit heavy but that can be attributed to my background in the MotoGP.”

RIDE BY WIRE

The RSV4 uses Ride-by-Wire technology (a solution also used in a few of Aprilia's road models) for the electronic management of the engine throttle: how does this power allocation system impact the riding?

BIAGGI: “Ride-by-Wire was adopted from the MotoGP and brought to the Superbike last year by Yamaha. It allows for a much improved management of the motorcycle (especially at an electronic level) and can be a great help to the rider since it is well calibrated to make the most of its potential”.

NAKANO: “The functioning of this system didn't alter my riding style but instead gives more advantages. The most important thing is to find the right connection between the handle control and the rear wheel reaction. Finding the right setting can be tough but that wasn't the case with the RSV4; we've already established a great feeling”.

PERFORMANCE COMPARED TO ITS RIVALS

It is certainly too early to make any judgements, but do you mind summarizing the differences between riding the RSV4 and other motorcycles with which you've previously competed, particularly the twin and 4-cylinder Japanese bikes? What is the approximate maximum speed of the RSV4?

BIAGGI: “The differences are substantial. The 4-cylinders are much more agile and on paper, they should be more powerful while the twins have a flatter allocation, are “softer” to the touch, more powerful in low regimes, and push harder out of the curves”.

SBK VS MOTOGP

Regulations, performance, riding style, and development of the motorcycle: how much changes between the Superbike and MotoGP championships?

BIAGGI: “They are two separate worlds that are hard to compare. In MotoGP, you race with different tyres, prototype motorcycles, and their performances are incomparable. There are so many extra electronics and the regulations allow you to indefinitely modify the motorcycle. The Superbikes are much heavier and I had to alter my riding style since the bikes are much more similar to those that are produced. But it has to be like that since that is exactly what makes this category so fascinating.”

NAKANO: “There are so many differences since there are two completely different sets of regulations. The weight is much different and you notice it when you ride a Superbike, but the power and acceleration are also incomparable. The MotoGP, for example, skids back a lot more when you hit the gas. They are completely different even when braking since carbon discs aren't allowed in the Superbike class. Yet regarding the starting velocity they are quite similar, something that really surprised me initially”.
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Thu Sep 1st, 2011 at 07:16 PM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Spies takes Super Pole!!! Like I said the next WSBK Champion has arrived!!! Maybe he could teach Nori how to break Bayliss's record...
    What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger!!!

2006 CBR1000RR
    2001 GSXR 750 track