Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IMI Sunday 2-22-09

IMI Sunday 2-22-09

Called them, no events going on for the asphault portion on Sunday, weather looks good so far as well. Who is game?

For any newbies here are IMI rules....
    jacket/gloves/helmet, no restrictions or needed things on bikes. Here is a video of IMI: http://blip.tv/file/965279

For any new people wanting to try a local track and get their feet wet, this is an inexpensive safe way to do so..... Plus I am sure there will be a few people out there that are more than willing to help and answer any questions you might have. Best thing about it? It's all among friends, no one cares how fast or how slow you are!!!

I am leaving Littleton area at 8:15 (kickstands up) from Starbucks on Wadsworth by Bowles, heading up to Westminster (I-25 and 120th Connoco) to possibly meet up with others, gas up and goto IMI (10 miles north on I-25 from there).

From Denver, take I-25 north (about 10 miles north of 120th ave), take the Erie/Dacono Exit and turn right(away from mountains) and head about 2.75 miles (turns into a dirt road). Track is on the right side.....

Note-If your heading northbound on I-25 and pass the oval speedway for cars on the right hand side, you just passed the exit.

Physical Address:

5074 WCR #8
    Dacono, CO 80514
    Phone #

(303)833-4949
    Last edited by Slo; Thu Feb 19th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.

Re: IMI Sunday 2-22-09

I wont be able to go on sunday I have plans at noon, but I was thinking of going on Monday
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

What time are you headed out there J?
    For My Diavan

I will be getting there around 9am-10am....

You riding or trailering? My lil cousin just got a bike and he wanted to take a short ride that morning. Figured we could all meet up at the Conoco on 120th at 9am and then ride up to IMI so we can watch so knee draggin for an hour or so.
    For My Diavan

Quote Originally Posted by Craven_Morehead View Post
    You riding or trailering? My lil cousin just got a bike and he wanted to take a short ride that morning. Figured we could all meet up at the Conoco on 120th at 9am and then ride up to IMI so we can watch so knee draggin for an hour or so.
    Riding.... I'm game, just let me know if anything else comes up.... Check your myspace, sent you an email on there as well.

what are the details? what exactly is this?
    Nathaniel
    13 DRZ400SM (mine) -- 08 CBR 600RR (wife's) -- 06 GSX-R 600 (sold)
    I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in production.

IMI is a short 1 mile track originally designed for go-carts. However they let bikes on there as well. Cost is 35 bucks for the day.... 10 turns, lower speed, although you can hit 90+ on the short straight and 70+ in a couple turns.

It's a lot of fun and pretty cheap as well as being local. Let me know if you need more details, heres an example of IMI:
    http://blip.tv/file/965279

would it be worth coming up from pueblo? and how crowded is it?
    Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Riding.... I'm game, just let me know if anything else comes up.... Check your myspace, sent you an email on there as well.

Cool, I will text you Saturday night to touch base and iron out the details.

Right on for the myspace message, I let Jose know about that. I will have him call you if he wants to move forward with that.
    For My Diavan

Quote Originally Posted by LambeauXLIV View Post
    would it be worth coming up from pueblo? and how crowded is it?
    It probably won't be crowded this time of year. If your riding.....it's pretty tough, the ride all the way up here, then the ride home at end of day. If you have a truck or trailer, would be much easier.

Best case scenario would be for you to come up the night before and stay with someone in the Denver area so it would be easy to get to in the AM, then head home at end of day, at least that's how I would do it. But they don't call me slo for sh*ts and giggles.

also, I've never been on any sort of track before....would that be a problem?
    Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by LambeauXLIV View Post
    also, I've never been on any sort of track before....would that be a problem?
    Not at all, just keep in mind, this is no where near PMP, the speeds and such. We would all be helping you as well with any questions or concerns you might have. the people that head out there is a friendly bunch, more than eager to help a fellow CSC'er out. I was new out there at one time and used to pick brains everyday trying to gain knowledge, we have taken quite a few newbies (to tracks) out to there as well. It's a place for street people to test themselves out and learn more, but also a place to brush up on technique and such for season'd riders as well, being local and cheap.

This would be more of a place to get slightly acquainted with being on a track. It is short, definitely not overwhelming like a bigger track "could" be to a newbie, but still gaining some valuable knowledge.

Still a blast to ride and hard on your tires and body since there is no time to rest until you pull off the track. Many of us on here have done quite a few days there....many days haha.
    Last edited by Slo; Wed Feb 18th, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

If you want to head up this way on Saturday, let me know, I am sure you can sleep on my couch as long as you don't mind Dinky constantly hounding you for attention!!

I might be interested in going up and checking it out. My bike is pretty much stock and I don't have any track experience. You said leather jacket. Does that include leather pants with pucks? I noticed in the video everybody was wearing full gear.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Might come by. Was gonna pick up a friend of mine out on 76 & 165th so it'd be a straight cut over.
    Don't know if I'll ride the track but might be fun to get some little track runs in.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MTLHD View Post
    I might be interested in going up and checking it out. My bike is pretty much stock and I don't have any track experience. You said leather jacket. Does that include leather pants with pucks? I noticed in the video everybody was wearing full gear.
    No problem on the track experience, we will help you... Doesn't have to be leather, I have seen people with jean jackets out there although it's not recommended, a textile one is fine though. Leather pants are not required either there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Might come by. Was gonna pick up a friend of mine out on 76 & 165th so it'd be a straight cut over.
    Don't know if I'll ride the track but might be fun to get some little track runs in.
    Finally man? It's been years since we rode together!!

im in jay
    "Everyone was thinking it i just said it"

I can't ride, obviously, but I'd like to check it out! Could I maybe catch a ride with someone going out there?
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Count me in for the day. I'll meet you all up in Westi. Do you need leathers there or can you just run with the basics?

Basics is fine.... Jacket - can be textile or leather, glove - doesn't have to be gaunlet style - helmet.

I think I might go...that looks like fun!
    Nathaniel

I should be there !
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Meh, I've been wanting to head out again since the last times I've been go-carting, but never taken my bike on the track. If the weathers nice, I may be up for a ride out there with my nice camera to take pics of everyone else riding. Probably won't get on the track, but I may hang out.

9-10am might be a little early for me as I'll be in Denver the night before celebrating a friends birthday, but I'll get there as soon as I can. How late do people normally stay?