Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feds Wants GPS in ALL Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: Feds Wants GPS in ALL Cars

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Are you telling me EVERY persons EVERY call is recorded verbatim, and analyzed on the spot word-for word? I find that hard to believe.

- International calls, yes. That's been common knowledge for a long time. Domestically, I'm sure it was confined to certain areas just because of the scope, but it was indeed wide-scale monitoring. When you have a computer analyzing the audio, it can be done incredibly fast.

I vote for prosecuting.

- So do I. But money talks and bullshit walks, so my guess is that won't go far. Hell we just gave hundreds of billions of $$ to obvious crooks over the past couple months, do you really think some guy who listened to your phone calls when he wasn't supposed to is going to get anything more than a stern talking-to and a free golf game?

Mmm, maybe, but they can't prosecute you for doing anything like selling dope or whatever that's NOT a security issue. They still ned a court order for any information like that to be presented as evidence, or it'll be thrown out.

- They need a court order to prosecute you in a civilian court. If you are held, watched, or prosecuted under the Patriot Act, you will be tried in secret, without the benefits of constitutional protection. Whether it has been used as such or not, it's damn near KGB-type shit. That is why most folks who actually know what it says are very, very against it.
    Oh, here's a link worth looking at; another city going the "blanket surveillance" route: http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...ameras.article
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

AKA "Devaclis"

Your cell phone already does this for you, and them. Stop being paranoid
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Yeah Oregon was doing that last year as a pilot program. Several insurance companies have offered discounts if you let them put a black box in your car. Hell OBD II and OBD III already have the provisions in them to rat you out for speeding and failure to service you emissions controls. Your car just broadcasts a signal and you get a ticket in the mail. Rental car companies have tried (and in several cases succedded) in "fining" you becuase the GPS in their cars rat you out for speeding. No court, no judge, no due process, just an automatic charge to your credit card. On-Star can take complete control of your vehicle, disabling it, tracking it, and a host of other naughty things and peaple are gladly paying to give up that kind of freedom in the name of security and safety. Big Brother is not the goverment, it is the industry, and we the consumers are begging them to run our lives.

Anyone old enough to remember Max Headroom the show?

The bank thing is even more interesting. I read an nice conspiracy theory that this is a non-partisan effort for the Fed to basically take over banking and push for an all electronic economy. As was alluded here a while back, that way there is no cash sales, no drug sales, no indvidual gun sales. Everything can be tracked, not for law enforcement, but to make sure they get sales tax on every transaction in the country. Moreseo, the only bank, Fist Fedreal Bank of Gimmie All Your Damm Money keeps your direct deposited paycheck, collects their income tax immediately, and decides who and what you can spend your money on. Normally I don't suscribe to such crap, but you gotta admit, it seems viable given recent years.
    Last edited by Mental; Fri Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Do you honestly think that the government cannot track your every movement at this very moment?

Every time you use your debit or credit card you are login in to a database someone that takes down who, where, when and what you were doing.

There are cameras that cover most urban areas, whose video and facial recognition software can pull you out of a crowd.

Anything you say into a phone or type into the internet is routed through secret rooms copied off and analyzed for potential incriminating language.

And you’re suddenly outraged about a little box attached to your car so they can find out far you go to be taxed?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    I guess they figured they need a less invasive way of raising our taxes. As if raising our taxes wasn't invasive in the first place.

Thanks for the update tho Salsa!
    Oh they'll find a way... I have no doubt about that...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

And reset Snowman's post count while you're at it, too!

Reset it to "Obama".
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Leave it to Terri to save the day…

MRA Racer No.427

If you take the bodies far enough out into the desert and bury them deep enough, there is nothing to be paranoid about.

Just my .02.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Speaking of intersection cameras....

I got a Greenwood Village "Red Light" ticket the other day, and the letter that they sent me, had URL links to about 4 different views of my car, a close-up on my mug, both front and back license plates, and a motherfrickin' .mpeg movie file of me (I contend) making the yellow light.

Yeah... technology is bad ass.
    Sigh....
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Speaking of intersection cameras....

I got a Greenwood Village "Red Light" ticket the other day, and the letter that they sent me, had URL links to about 4 different views of my car, a close-up on my mug, both front and back license plates, and a motherfrickin' .mpeg movie file of me (I contend) making the yellow light.

Yeah... technology is bad ass.
    Sigh....
    Kim got a photo speeding ticket a few yeas ago. The photo's included were sooooo clear, you could see that she didn't shave that day. Thank god she wasn't takin' a toke or tippin' that fourty!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M