Thread: I have issues.

I have issues.

Warning! This is a motorcycle related post.

Well, after spent $500 on the bike in the past month, I'm not convinced that I spent wisely.

I bought a Sargent seat and it seems to be only slightly less hard than a brick. $300 is a lot of money for a hard seat. Does it need to be "broken in?" If so, how long does it take?

I also bought a Givi A700 windscreen. Let me say that this is a "Universal" fit screen. "Universal" means don't buy it for your 2nd gen naked SV. It doesn't fit if you have the stock turn indicators. (I had to install some POS Lockhart Philips signals. They are horrible.) I moved my master cylinder all the way to the throttle to make the upper, right strut fit. (Of course, when I moved the master cylinder the brake lever hit my barend mirror. I busted out the grinder and the end of the brake lever is no more.)

I LOVE the fact that there isn't any wind to blast me in the chest or under my helmet anymore. Unfortunately, the wind comes off the top of the screen and hits my helmet right at the seam between the top of my visor and the helmet shell. It is very loud and annoying. If I move up about an inch or so, much less buffeting. If I slouch down an inch or so, much less buffeting. I don't really know what to do. I could sell the Givi on ebay or craigslist and get a different one but I don't know if I should get the one that is an inch or two shorter or get the one that is 1.25 inches taller.

Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Re: I have issues.

seargant seats ive been on have seemed ok, go with the taller screen.
    You've Grown Quite Mangy Cat, But Your Grins' A Comfort.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

The seat is probably a break in issue. I've never had a Sargent seat, but have had a couple of different Corbins and they are always better after about 3000-5000 miles than they were new.

my suggestion would have been to return the stuff you bought if you were so unhappy with it, or do more research on products before ordering stuff that costs alot.

AKA "Devaclis"

You need to break the seat in. The foam in those seats is very stiff at first. After a hundres miles or so the foam will "loosen up" and conform to your ass. They work great, you just need patience.

The windscreen issue is a matter of inches, really. Just a small adjustment up or down on a windscreen drasticaly changes the contact point on your body. If you can raise it up just a bit give it a try. Maybe 1/2 inch.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Change to GP shift

AKA "Devaclis"

And this is NOT to poke fun, go to the Goldwing forums. Those guys eat Seargent and Corbin seats for lunch and shit perfect windscreens for dinner. My dad is the pres of the FLorida chapter. Or was at one point. They can REALLY give you some good advise. Is your new seat leather or vinyl? That does make a difference on the break in as well.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

You shouldn't have gotten rid of the Kawasaki.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Try putting a couple of spacers under the screen where it attaches. You might be able to angle it a little "steeper" and get the wind to defect up just a tad more so it clears your "no-no zone" on the visor.

try on try'as

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

Last edited by salsashark; Wed Mar 4th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Now, that's just mean.