Thread: Need Advice re Child Support

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Need Advice re Child Support

so since there are quite a few people on here that have gone through divorces and dealt with child support i figured i'd ask.

When i had Siate, I was 17 and finishing high school. I couldn't afford a lawyer and at the time didn't think to go to court for child support because i was young and stupid. A few years later, after failed attempts to work out a mutual agreement (which was to just help me pay half for daycare, i would provide the rest) i finally went to Adams County Social Services Child Enforcement agency to get the child support process started. I had asked then, if going through them, or the courts is better, they said there is no difference.

So now, 10 years later, this bum has managed to weasle his way out of paying, has back pay and currently is claiming to be a stay at home dad while his wife works so he doesn't pay. I'm wondering if it is infact better to go through the courts because i can't seem to understand why they haven't thrown his ass in jail yet.

Do any of you know if there is any difference in going through the court?
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: Need Advice re Child Support

Suki, my thought was that CSE is the preliminary process to going to court. They do all the leg-work for the court systems and then they send the paper work to the courts and set up the court date. You've got to have all your paperwork ducks in a row, though, cuz they need everything up to the drawing blood part.

Will let you know in a few months if the process does its job.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

i'm just so fed up with him at this point. i'd like to fly down to hawaii and shove some coconuts up his ass.

~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    i'm just so fed up with him at this point. i'd like to fly down to hawaii and shove some coconuts up his ass.

Use pinapples.....spiky-end first!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

I hear ya. Last thing my ex did was to drop auto insurance that my son was also riding on and my son didn't find out about it until last week. He was driving without insurance since the end of December. He was pulled over last week and was cited for lack of insurance. When he called his Dad for the updated info, his Dad told him he didn't have it anymore. Nice, huh? My kids' Dad really does not give a rip whatsoever...not even pineapples won't do the job in this situation.

What bugs me the most is what his kids must feel as far as feeling any love from him. They must be going through some sort of loss ya know? I honestly do not get it.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

AKA "Devaclis"

He is in arrears starting from the day you were legally separated. Plus interest. He can go to jail, lose his license, have his wages garnished (if he has any) and a warrant will be issued for him if he does not appear before a magistrate to face the issue.

This is, of course, if you have documentation to support you. Hell, even if you do not Colorado will make his life a living hell. even if he was paying 10% more than he was supposed to, every day, without fail.

Don't worry, he will face this. Just remember, if he HAS no money, you GET no money.

/fuckingchildsupportinColoradoisgonnamakemekillsome one
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

seriously, how can you just not care. especially when he has 4 other kids. just beyond me.

and that's F'd up!!! there are so many things that could have happened to your son and would have been royally screwed becauseof that. asshole!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    He is in arrears starting from the day you were legally separated. Plus interest. He can go to jail, lose his license, have his wages garnished (if he has any) and a warrant will be issued for him if he does not appear before a magistrate to face the issue.

This is, of course, if you have documentation to support you. Hell, even if you do not Colorado will make his life a living hell. even if he was paying 10% more than he was supposed to, every day, without fail.

Don't worry, he will face this. Just remember, if he HAS no money, you GET no money.

/fuckingchildsupportinColoradoisgonnamakemekillsome one

I'll have to look into the first part about the arrears and interest, again. i know i questioned it before when we first started but was told something along the lines of not being able to include it since there wasn't a case at the time.

also, he's in hawaii and they have to go by hawaii's policies, which are lacking any type of backbone for deadbeat dads.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

AKA "Devaclis"

You should see how hard it is to pay your support on time, love your kids, travel all around the USA to be with them, then still have the government fuck you over. Assholes like your ex give those if us who are trying a bad name and with that comes punishment for being a non-custodial parent. Just because we do not have full custody does not mean we suck. I wanna kill your ex and everyone like him. Kill them until they are DEAD.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

AKA "Devaclis"

I'll have to look into the first part about the arrears and interest, again. i know i questioned it before when we first started but was told something along the lines of not being able to include it since there wasn't a case at the time.

also, he's in hawaii and they have to go by hawaii's policies, which are lacking any type of backbone for deadbeat dads.
    Thats' funny. I have had to follow the rules of whatever state my children were in AND the laws of the state I was living in. Communication between the states regarding support is very limited tho. Please, follow up as often as you can so that the state stays on it. Get yer money, use it for your kid, have a wonderful life

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Man, I SO need to move to Hawaii........
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    You should see how hard it is to pay your support on time, love your kids, travel all around the USA to be with them, then still have the government fuck you over. Assholes like your ex give those if us who are trying a bad name and with that comes punishment for being a non-custodial parent. Just because we do not have full custody does not mean we suck. I wanna kill your ex and everyone like him. Kill them until they are DEAD.
    all i have is a po box for him.. can you track him down with that? lol

and i agree, i wish he was more responsible and wanting to be a part of siate's life, but he's not.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

all i have is a po box for him.. can you track him down with that? lol

and i agree, i wish he was more responsible and wanting to be a part of siate's life, but he's not.
    Scumoftheearth.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV