OK guys and girls of CSC. Here is your chance to show off your bike skills, win great prizes and help raise money for one of the best causes I know of.

This is the 2nd Annual Civilian Top Gun Competition. Last year it was at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, this year it will held May 17 at Invesco Field at Mile High. If you went last year, you know it was a great time, and this year is going to MUCH BIGGER.

This year there will be 4 classes: Sport Bike, Cruiser/Touring, Scooters, and Wheel Chair. There will be prizes (including at least one new motorcycle) for top finishers in each class.

In addition to the motorcycle competition, the Vietnam Traveling Wall Memorial will be on site for the event. This traveling wall is an 80% replica of the memorial in Washington D.C. That means it is 370 ft long, and 8 1/2 ft tall at its highest point. I have seen the original, as well as this version, and they both broke my heart.

The Memorial is also much more than the wall only. There are seperate memorials for WWII, Korea, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, 9/11, and police/firefighters. No matter what your stance on war is, this memorial is not political. It is also not a war memorial. It is a memorial to men and woman that have given their lives.

There will be a lot going on for the whole family. Attendance is just a recommended donation of $20 (but if you can't afford it, come anyway). To compete, it costs $50. ALL MONEY RAISED GOES TO "HOMES FOR OUR TROOPS" and are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

"Homes for Our Troops" is an organization (www.homesforourtroops.org) that builds homes for soldiers that have suffered devastating injuries. Matt and Tracy Keil of Parker were the first recipients of a new home here in Colorado. Another home is currently being built for a Marine in Ft. Collins.

As an Army vet (11C1P) myself, with a son that has just joined the Marine Corps, this event means a lot to me. I would love to see CSC and every club in the state show up to support these soldiers and show our appreciation for their sacrifices.

There will be much more going on, and I will try to share all of the events planned once they are firmed up. The Special Forces Group from Ft. Carson is working out the legalities of doing a jump into Invesco, as well as many other fantastic things in the works. More details will be posted at www.t3rg.com
Anyone wanting to help out with this event (and it would sincerely appreciated) whether it be financially or helping out with the days activities, please call the T3RG office at 303-433-9424.

Also, if you run a business and would like to have a booth at the event, we have various sizes available.

Thanks!

Dean