Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new ride!

Account Deactivated at users request

Re: My new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by LambeauXLIV View Post
    (whiny kid voice) my bike's faster!

but seriously, it looks nice!
    Thought the same thing lol

Nice car. I was looking into getting one of those...but, having something fast on 4 wheels and 2 wheels is just asking for trouble. Decided to stick with an Xterra instead.

It's sad but true: If a cop wants to fuck with you they will probably pull something out of their arses, being legal or not.....it sux!!!!!

Carpe Diem Civibus!!!

Should've gotten a IX MR.. lolol Flappy paddle is gay sorry

Oh you should'nt have.....That car is so sexy. How fast is it? Bike is still faster I got money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by drumngrant View Post
    Oh you should'nt have.....That car is so sexy. How fast is it? Bike is still faster I got money on it.
    Theres a few EVO's around Denver and surrounding areas that are faster than any mildly modded bike let alone a 600cc bike...so any car has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Theres a few EVO's around Denver and surrounding areas that are faster than any mildly modded bike let alone a 600cc bike...so any car has potential.
    That and the EVO and STi's are faster in the tight twisties than most bikes.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    That and the EVO and STi's are faster in the tight twisties than most riders.
    Fixed it haha....

Fixed it haha....
    i'm still waking up so my grammer isn't on par quite yet. lol.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).

Thats a nice ride bro, and take it from someone who knows. You need a front plate. I have received over 10 tickets in my lifetime for no front plate. Mustangs, corvettes and camaros dont like good with them, but if a cop wants to be a dick, he's gonna be a dick. Another truth is that if you drive a nicer car than the cop, your gonna get pulled over cuz he's pissed!!! Full Grown Bear might have something to say about that (since he's one of the good guys).

Another thing, me and my boyz have met up with a few cars on the street that can run. But there was one day we came up on a supra that was built. And they were running 600's and I was running my R1 and we couldn't keep up (in a straight line).....It was the sickest thing I ever seen....Fun but sick!

Quote Originally Posted by d3spair View Post
    Should've gotten a IX MR.. lolol Flappy paddle is gay sorry
    Have you actually driven it? You say the paddles are gay, until I shift in 1/4 the time you can in a regular manual... Besides, it's a dual clutch transmission with the evens on one clutch, and the odds on another clutch plate. It's a wet system, and it can be driven as automatic or stick with the paddles, or shifted from the shifter like any other auto-stick car. Only difference is, this car absolutely does not act like an automatic when it's in manual mode. It has the drive train tightness of a manual since there is no torque converter. The paddles are simply an additional option. Also, not having to take my hands off the wheel to shift FTW. Plus I have the option of driving it as an automatic if I want to... Besides my bike is of course manual, and so is my truck. Nice to have an auto.
    Last edited by Ricky; Thu Mar 12th, 2009 at 02:13 PM.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    That and the EVO and STi's are faster in the tight twisties than most bikes.
    Stock evo can pull .98g in a corner. This one is lowered a tad, so I was told by the dealer. It's also pretty obvious next to another evo. So who knows what it's capable of. All I can tell you is that I've rounded a few small corners I would never even dream of going that fast around on my bike
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Do you plan on taking it to a road course? If so, let me know how it does under extremely hard braking while downshifting and such.....

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    Stock evo can pull .98g in a corner. This one is lowered a tad, so I was told by the dealer. It's also pretty obvious next to another evo. So who knows what it's capable of. All I can tell you is that I've rounded a few small corners I would never even dream of going that fast around on my bike
    Ya i took my 'o8 STi through deer creek and almost shit.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).

Quote Originally Posted by drumngrant View Post
    I haven't timed the 0-60 yet, but I plan on doing it on camera so that I can get a realistic time. It's supposed to be able do it around 5sec. 295hp (~255whp) stock, and there's a lot of people who have reported 100hp over stock just changing a few things around on the car.

After a few days of driving it around, it's a LOT of fun, however, gas mileage really sucks! The other day it was saying my avg for the drive was around 11mpg, lol. Today, more like 15mpg.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Do you plan on taking it to a road course? If so, let me know how it does under extremely hard braking while downshifting and such.....
    It'd sure be cool to do. It's got a couple of different transmission modes outside of the manual mode. One where it'll keep the rpms up until redline, and will auto downshift as soon as it's safe to put you about 1k below redline. Downshifting is all handled by the computer whether it's manual or automatic. In sport modes, downshifting always pushes the throttle up so that it matches tranny rpms before engaging the clutch again. It will never create friction on the clutch plates on a down shift. The brakes are Brembo, and wow are they ever touchy. I've given em a few good slams to a stop and they are quite effective.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    It'd sure be cool to do. It's got a couple of different transmission modes outside of the manual mode. One where it'll keep the rpms up until redline, and will auto downshift as soon as it's safe to put you about 1k below redline. Downshifting is all handled by the computer whether it's manual or automatic. In sport modes, downshifting always pushes the throttle up so that it matches tranny rpms before engaging the clutch again. It will never create friction on the clutch plates on a down shift. The brakes are Brembo, and wow are they ever touchy. I've given em a few good slams to a stop and they are quite effective.
    Ummmm, yeah, I have an EVO X, came from a well modded suspensioned IX also along with a long slew of modded cars...

Just throwing on springs might lower the center of gravity, but doesn't necessarily improve handling, many times taking away from it. Takes a lot of work and money to really make a better handling EVO than stock.

Also, you will not put out no where near 255 at the wheels up at this altitude with all factory parts.

Ummmm, yeah, I have an EVO X, came from a well modded suspensioned IX also along with a long slew of modded cars...

Just throwing on springs might lower the center of gravity, but doesn't necessarily improve handling, many times taking away from it. Takes a lot of work and money to really make a better handling EVO than stock.

Also, you will not put out no where near 255 at the wheels up at this altitude with all factory parts.
    oh I know it won't push that to the wheels here, those are just the stock facts...

You got an MR or GSR?
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Got an GSR, so did Spy007 (corey). I go by slo4g63 on some forums I been on for a couple years and slo4b11 on newer ones.

Heres a pic of the IX at PMP:
    Last edited by Slo; Thu Mar 12th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Sweeeeet. The only evo forum I post on is evolutionm.net. I've been postng there since I bought the lancer last year.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Nice, yeah lots of good info on there..... Congrats on the awesome purchase again...

Thanks yo!! Funny, I actually think I remember seeing that car once over here at starbucks last summer.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

yup