Thread: Brake FLuid Leak?

Brake FLuid Leak?

So i installed my new front brake. I noticed the brake fluid leaks a little like a driplet in 10minutes. Is there anyway to stop the leaking? And how tight do i have to make the bolt underneath to clamp the brake lever on?
    Thanks.

Re: Brake FLuid Leak?

where is it leaking from? didn't you just replace the lever? should not be a reason for a leak unless you have another problem. The bottom nut is a locking nut, it doesn't need to be very tight.

Talking Re: Brake FLuid Leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    where is it leaking from? didn't you just replace the lever? should not be a reason for a leak unless you have another problem. The bottom nut is a locking nut, it doesn't need to be very tight.

it doesn't leak when i installed the brake lever. there are just driplets of brake fluid around the bottom nut. kind of weird. So.. what should i do? it doesnt seem like its a major problem. When i laid my bike down two weeks ago i noticed brake fluid splattered my fairings.. so im kind of wondering whats up

try to get the brake fluid off the paint ASAP it may be too late by this point, try to see if its leaking from the reservoir or the hose. follow the brake hoses from the reservoir on looking for leaks
    Mike

If you didn't open the reservoir (and spill) or take the banjo bolt loose you have a problem from your crash and should find the leak and repair before riding again. Is it an integrated res or is it remote?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    try to get the brake fluid off the paint ASAP it may be too late by this point, try to see if its leaking from the reservoir or the hose. follow the brake hoses from the reservoir on looking for leaks

IS the reservoir the giant bottle that holds the fluid? My hose looks like its leaking a bit. I think im going to have to bring it in. Another thing. My brake lever has a lot of giving when braking. it was not like the old brake lever. maybe it has to do with the leak?

It sounds like you may have got some air in the system during your spill. First we need to get the leak squared away, then a power bleed.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"