This appeared in Roadracing World magazine's November 2004 issue, at the end of the article: How to Go Racing, Part 12 (part of a series of articles being done by Army Of Darkness and Neighbor Of The Beast endurance teams).

Disclaimer: I have not tested any of these theories, nor do I garantee they work. Use them at your own risk. However, these are recomendations from experienced road racers, so I would venture to guess they have some idea what they're talking about. I apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes I may have made while transcribing this from the magazine.

Important: This assumes that your sag has been set.

Handy Guide to Suspension Adjustment
Reprinted without permission.

Bike turns too slow or runs wide at exits or requires significant force on handlebars:
Lower front end (usually in 3mm steps), or if you are in a hurry, remove a line or two on the preload adjuster on the front. If you lower the front, double-check the mechanical bottoming.
Raise the rear by adding ride height. Remember that on most sportbikes 3mm at the shock is about 6mm at the axle.

Bike is nervous mid-turn, particularly in fast sweepers:
Raise front end. If this makes the bike turn too slowly, try raising the rear as well.

Bike head shakes beyond acceptable limits:
Raise front end or lower back end.

Bike head shakes on deceleration:
Check/adjust steering head bearings.

Bike steers well in single turns, but steers too slowly in quick transitions (R-L-R):
Lower both ends of the bike equal amounts or lower center of gravity some other way or work out more, you big sissy.

Bike dives too much on brakes, too easily lifts rear wheel:
Add fork oil, add compression damping to forks, raise front, lower rear.

Bike's rear wheel chatters at entrance to slow turns:
Rider should slip the clutch into the turn after the downshift or buy a bike with a slipper clutch, like a ZX-6RR.

Front wheel chatters:
Add rebound damping to forks (or check to make sure you don't have too much damping) or try a different front tire.

Bike doesn't have rear grip:
Check free sag, try softer rear spring, try less low-speed compression damping, lower rear of bike, make sure the rider isn't entering the turn too slowly and trying to accelerate out too hard to make up for it, make sure the rider is hanging off the bike.