Thread: Good Shop In Denver Area??

Good Shop In Denver Area??

My FZ6 was blown over by the winnd and it damaged the right footpeg. It also jarred something loose in the gas tank. When I filled the tank it leaked until down to 3/4s. I took the bike to G-force Yamaha, but they seem only willing to replace parts not fix them. So big bucks. Can anyone recomend a less expensive quality shop?? I just moved to Golden last month so I'm not familiar with the local shops.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Re: Good Shop In Denver Area??

Quote Originally Posted by davop View Post
    My FZ6 was blown over by the winnd and it damaged the right footpeg. It also jarred something loose in the gas tank. When I filled the tank it leaked until down to 3/4s. I took the bike to G-force Yamaha, but they seem only willing to replace parts not fix them. So big bucks. Can anyone recomend a less expensive quality shop?? I just moved to Golden last month so I'm not familiar with the local shops.
    Right in your hood
    you need to talk to Jim over @

http://www.tfogracing.com/
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

+1 for TFOG

Absolutely go talk to Jim.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Not only is Jim close, but top-notch service as well. As the old saying goes there's death, taxes, and TFOG
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Thumbs up Re: Good Shop In Denver Area??

Thanks for your responces. I will talk to Jim at TFOG. I looked it up in the phone book and found their web page.

TFOG is right in your neck of the woods also. They do great work...+2 for TFOG
    For My Diavan

+1000 for TFOG.Best experience anywhere.Period.

Looks like TFOG is well respected here. Thanks for responding guys.

Welcome to the site, Dave.

Again, my vote for tfog

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Nothing wrong with going to a shop, and I think TFOG or Faster! could both satisfy your needs. However, before dropping the dollar - why not take a gander at the damage and see if you can fix it yourself? Right footpeg assembly is probably replaced with 2-3 bolts. Easy one there. As for the gas tank... undo the front and rear mounting bolts... lift her up... drain her out... and see what's up.

You could probably solve a lot in an hour or two of garage/driveway work. You'll learn a lot about your bike too!!!!

Even if you can't solve the tank issue by yourself, you'll save some labor $$$ by taking the tank into TFOG off the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Nothing wrong with going to a shop, and I think TFOG or Faster! could both satisfy your needs. However, before dropping the dollar - why not take a gander at the damage and see if you can fix it yourself? Right footpeg assembly is probably replaced with 2-3 bolts. Easy one there. As for the gas tank... undo the front and rear mounting bolts... lift her up... drain her out... and see what's up.

You could probably solve a lot in an hour or two of garage/driveway work. You'll learn a lot about your bike too!!!!

Even if you can't solve the tank issue by yourself, you'll save some labor $$$ by taking the tank into TFOG off the bike!
    I'm thinking the footpeg could be repaired rather than replaced. Gforce quoted the footpeg at $200. Ouch. It would probably involve bending back or a replacement spring. My problem is that I live in an apartment which doesn't allow much work on vehicles. Plus I no longer have many tools.

I'm thinking the footpeg could be repaired rather than replaced. Gforce quoted the footpeg at $200. Ouch. It would probably involve bending back or a replacement spring. My problem is that I live in an apartment which doesn't allow much work on vehicles. Plus I no longer have many tools.
    Get up onto an FZ6 forum and see if anyone is parting a bike out. There are also tons of online shops to buy OEM parts at discount. As for tools, etc... hit some one up on this forum - many people would be happy to assist you work on your own bike!