Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SCR Sunday 1/23

Re: SCR Sunday 1/23

Quote Originally Posted by -Barn-";p="171676
    Problem now is, you have a lot of catching up to do, to divert people from thinking you have a single-ply mind, and possibly regaining some respect for your "style of posting", as it were. Good luck with that recovery. But hey... at least we haven't banned you yet.
    Those who have convinced themselves that a different perspective deserves foul language on a moments notice simply reinforce the idea that words are quite a reasonable method for separating the wheat from the chaff.

As for not banning me yet....

Quote Originally Posted by troythetroll";p="171581
    Gee Lurch, what a wonderful nice and classy way to to introduce yourself.
    Not a problem. Wait till you get to know me then you will think I'm an asshole.

Your posted made it sound like you where waiting for the MRA to catch up to you. Now I see you just want an Old Timer's class. Great idea except that now that will just give Orlando,Turner and countless others a place to practice for the big race. It's not the Nicky wannabes you have to look out for it's all the people in there 30's and 40's. Most young guns A. cannot afford it, B. crash themselves in the poor house trying to get up front, or C. Never actualy get fast enough to get up front.

Supertwins is not actually a place that is void of mayhem. I raced it for 3 years and had my fair share of close calls. Modern Vintage for the past couple of years has been a little tamer but is always combined with another class in which people are running for the money.

My suggestion would be sportsman except there is contingency in that class too, so people are always running after the big $$$$. So I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry I didn't post a reply sooner as I usually have to be to work by 7:00a.m.(except I slept in today because my 2 1/2yr old threw up in my bed last night). That was so I could make my .50 for the day to pay my mortage and if I don't kill myself before June I will invite you to my 40th birthday.

Maybe we could make a Master's class out of poeple who have been racing for more then 17 years???? Damn Orlando and Turner would still qualify and kick my ass.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

I have watched the size of the grids, and the descriptions of the accidents afterwards, and if I'm faced with 60 or so relative newbies on 600's versus half as many experts who are just that much faster, I would say I prefer the experts to the newbies most any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Which is why what Dave and Ralph said combined with what Jim at TFOG said seemed like a reasonable idea.

I don't think its a matter of people being able to AFFORD to crash as it is not being able to help themselves.

The idea of getting out of any novice race possible, as fast as possible, seems quite reasonable by everyones standards.