Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCR Sunday 1/23

Re: SCR Sunday 1/23

Let me get this straight....its a nice day, we're all out for rides, and, as it happens, some get a little more "enthusiastic" than others, and me pointing out that its a bit early in the season for this particular behavior causes a PROBLEM??!!

Wow....

I've got a question....do you get this excited before a ride, telling everyone the reasonable group riding rules, explaining that not every street ride is a trackday, that triple digit speeds aren't always the right speed for a given straightaway, to cut down on such results prior to them happening, or do you only reserve it for afterwards when people ask about the days events?

If you were there this morning you would have heard me give my rules of the ride speech as I do on every ride. Thats not the point though every time someone makes a comment about stunting or running up the hill you have to bash them its getting old. If you havn't noticed this is a sportbike club.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Of course I noticed this was a sportbike club, on Thursday when the weather was even nicer I rode one of mine to work and another out at Second Creek all afternoon.

So do YOU have any theories as to why people keep zipping off the road on CSC rides? How fast were the people going when they went off? Were there cinders involved or just silly "stand'er up and nail the rear brake" type stuff? Were cages somehow involved? Inebriation? Inattention? Inexperience?

I mean seriously, I see tons of people running around setting up funds for the survivors and familys and to help pay hospital bills, I would think learning from what happened when bad things happen and trying to at least mitigate the damage would be a good thing.....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Troy, Stop while you are ahead. If you are trying to set your self apart, you have done that. I feel at this time you are trying to start trouble. Either be a part of the group or dont be here any more. Waits for a snappy comeback.
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

Trying to start TROUBLE? Oh you have got to be KIDDING? Trying to learn from our mistakes is a fundamental way to actually LEARN something related to...guess what! RIDING A SPORTBIKE!

Its one thing to wanna stomp on people who you think are bashing others in the interest of political correctness, its quite another to bash people who might want to LEARN something from what appears to be a really, really bad day!

You think when a plane goes down everyone stands around and laments the loss of their friends and co-workers and then they wander off and completely forget about trying to find out what the heck happened and how to stop it from happening the next time? You have serously GOT to be kidding me, unless everyone around here is DELUSIONAL when it comes to the danger of what we do for fun as well as the consequences of it!

What we do isn't easy, it requires skills of various sizes and shapes and guess what! Some of those skills we learn from the MISTAKES OF OTHERS!

STOP already. Im not gonna tell you again. Your argueing simantics. And I (among others are done with it).
    R.I.P 502

Fine Brizz, I'll stop.

And for the record....it isn't semantics and you darn well know it.

so like... does any have anything good to say about the track...who smoked who? pictures? who brought umbrella girls?
    http://motohero.net

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - HL Mencken

Sure...pictures. Here's my buddy...the two of us only play around for now until the MRA develops a Masters class or something.

Quote Originally Posted by troythetroll";p="171557
    Sure...pictures. Here's my buddy...the two of us only play around for now until the MRA develops a Masters class or something.

Quote Originally Posted by troythetroll";p="171557
    A master's class? I hope you mean master baters class which the answer would be NO. I don't know how old you are but I'm pretty sure there people in the MRA myself included that would run circles around you on the track. If by masters class you mean better then everyone else then the people mentioned above would also run circles around you.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

wow, this is gonna be a good thread. I'll be back in hours to see how it plays out.

Gee Lurch, what a wonderful nice and classy way to to introduce yourself.

Masters Class as in Old Farts....preferably those required to report to work 8AM Monday morning, a mortgage and with at least 1 kid.....I figure less of a chance of the next Nicky Hayden wanna be taking someone out for the extra $5 contigency money.

You yourself said you run 1:15's troy, thats a good 10 11 seconds off pace

Maybe they need a short bus class for you?
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

I say we continue to cater to his ego. Kingnadda pass the popcorn.
    R.I.P 502

So everyone here besides Shane regularly runs lap record times now? Wow...and here I just figured Hoopty was one of the faster guys at 1:10's. Interesting....when I check the results...including laptimes each week after the races, it appears most are quite a bit slower than that.

I definitely think I need a class...but not to run 1:05's, to run the 1:15's I used to. I don't even think I got under 1:20 out there on Thursday.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them
    Quote Originally Posted by troythetroll";p="171581
    Masters Class as in Old Farts....preferably those required to report to work 8AM Monday morning, a mortgage and with at least 1 kid
    I am 25 and now considered a master!!! It was a beautiful day to go out and see everyone yesterday! Mike, that bike is amazing!
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Throw in an age minimum of say...40.....that should keep out those who's bones heal faster than the old farts.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Try running the Supertwins classes, alot of old farts, not the crazies on 600's trying to be the next AMA stud.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by troythetroll";p="171581
    Gee Lurch, what a wonderful nice and classy way to to introduce yourself.

Masters Class as in Old Farts....preferably those required to report to work 8AM Monday morning, a mortgage and with at least 1 kid.....I figure less of a chance of the next Nicky Hayden wanna be taking someone out for the extra $5 contigency money.
    With only a couple exceptions I can think of, nearly all MRA racers have to go to work Monday morning. Most of us have mortgages, and I'd say half the club probably has kids. We're ALL out there to have fun, not run each other off the track for a little extra money. Your understanding of the level of sportsmanship in this club is way off base. I've had top-5 guys offer me advice to help me go faster in the same race they're in. I've seen guys take parts off their own bikes to help others race. I frequently see the fastest racers in the club help novices and slow experts out (like, every weekend). The MRA does not practice sportsmanship - we define it. Yes the point of a race is to win, but not if you have to kill your friend to do it. Nobody's making enough at this stuff to justify that.

We tossed around the idea of an "old farts" class, I believe it was even on the rulebook suggestion this year. However there isn't enough interest in that yet, and we just don't have any room for yet another mildly-attended class in the schedule. As it was I had to change a lot of things around to make room for RoR GTU... Perhaps in 06 though we can see what we can do for a Geritol class.

Troy, hoopty already suggested Twins - you might want to check it out. It is definitely not a cutthroat class and I think you'd have a lot of fun with it.

Jim over at TFOG suggested nearly the same thing, with an extra. He said race the supertwins, and to get out of the novice class as quickly as possible, even if that included running whatever else was available to get the required number of races under your belt in the quickest amount of time. His belief appeared to be that getting into the non novice classes was critical to minimizing wanton damage done by people who are new to the track.

Hows modern vintage do for people not smashing each other up?

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    That would be the other class I'd suggest for you. Both of those classes seem to be more laid back...
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

You can bust out enough races in one weekend to get out of novice, if that's your goal.

I really suggest you talk to Mark Schellinger, our new rider director. If you don't have any race experience you will probably need to take the new racer school (which I recommend anyway) - if you used to race (not just track ride) he'll probably just observe you and sign off. Either way, talk to him, explain your experience and what you're thinking you would like to do, and get his opinion on it. I can't speak for him but I think he would probably authorize you to move to expert quickly so you could run those classes if you could demonstrate sound riding ability (not speed, just competence).

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Troy, I knew you meant "old guys" when you said "Masters class".

I still think that 90% of your posts have sucked though, since you've joined.

Problem now is, you have a lot of catching up to do, to divert people from thinking you have a single-ply mind, and possibly regaining some respect for your "style of posting", as it were. Good luck with that recovery. But hey... at least we haven't banned you yet.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson