Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decent routes

decent routes

Looking for some ideas on a 4 or 5 hour ride to go on this coming Tuesday. I'm still somewhat getting my feet wet with the bike, so I won't be going at a break neck pace nor do I feel ready to hit any crazy twisties at this point. I don't wanna go straight the whole way tho! lol
    What are your thoughts?
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Re: decent routes

Google Maps Link

Been eying this one for a while. You could even take it further south to Salida then East to Pueblo.
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Sun Mar 15th, 2009 at 10:09 PM.

Practice, Practice, Practice. Im noob myself, I've been hitting the canyons lately... slowly but surely. The last thing I need is to drop my bike! never happen before, knock on wood. I got some free time on Tuesday, I'll be heading towards Estes park. Let me know.

Account Deactivated at users request

Me and my buddy did a nice little ride the other day. We took 93 from Boulder down to C-470 down to 85, then took I-25 south to 105 (I believe) went East and hooked up with 83 and took that all the way north to E-470 then hauled ass up 470 back to Broomfield. 83 and 93 are nice routes imo. Let me know if you want some company on your ride considering I don't work lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Google Maps Link

Been eying this one for a while. You could even take it further south to Salida then East to Pueblo.
    Hmmm...this might be a good one! One of those first warm days a month or so ago I headed up 285, but had to turn around well before Fairplay since I could no longer feel my legs or hands due to cold up there. lol
    ~Jess~

Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by R6Blake101 View Post
    Practice, Practice, Practice. Im noob myself, I've been hitting the canyons lately... slowly but surely. The last thing I need is to drop my bike! never happen before, knock on wood. I got some free time on Tuesday, I'll be heading towards Estes park. Let me know.
    What route are you thinking of doing and what times????

Quote Originally Posted by YZFRydn View Post
    Me and my buddy did a nice little ride the other day. We took 93 from Boulder down to C-470 down to 85, then took I-25 south to 105 (I believe) went East and hooked up with 83 and took that all the way north to E-470 then hauled ass up 470 back to Broomfield. 83 and 93 are nice routes imo. Let me know if you want some company on your ride considering I don't work lol
    If you don't mind someone that isn't going to be going real fast, then absolutely!!!

I just need to be back home around 2:30 to get ready for an appt (I need to call you about this on Tue Leah!!!). So that obviously means an early start if it is gonna be a longer ride.
    ~Jess~

[quote=Medicjess;422476]What route are you thinking of doing and what times????

US36 to lyons, lyons to hwy7 to Estes park.
    Estes Park back down to US36 to Boulder, then back home...

If your trying to be back around 2. I'll say 9am, depends on morning traffic.

Hmmm...I just may have to take you up on that one! Although what time would you be hitting 36? I've really only been on that road on the ambulance and the people driving on that road can be fooking ca-raaaazy! lol
    Anyhoo.... 720.334.3649, you can call or text me about meeting up or if anything changes!
    Last edited by = Buckeye Jess =; Sun Mar 15th, 2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: the dingbat virus hit me
    ~Jess~

Hwy 285 to Pine Jct to Deckers to Woodland Park is a nice cruise. Should be fairly empty on a Tuesday.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Google Maps Link

Hey Zach, why don't we plan on riding this during Spring Break??
    ~Jess~

Account Deactivated at users request

[quote=R6Blake101;422485]
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicjess View Post
    What route are you thinking of doing and what times????

US36 to lyons, lyons to hwy7 to Estes park.
    Estes Park back down to US36 to Boulder, then back home...

If your trying to be back around 2. I'll say 9am, depends on morning traffic.
    Why not Boulder Canyon to the P2P over to Lyons, up to Estes, then back to Lyons then down to Boulder. 36 to to Lyons isn't much of a ride imo and I think it's better to take a loop than there and back routes.

AKA "Devaclis"

The Ninja can set you up with a 4-87 hour ride around Colorado that you will never forget.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

4-87 hour ride? LOL... I'm game, but not for tomorrow!
    ~Jess~

Jess - I'm down. We'll have to make a stop in CoSpr, maybe Pueblo too. I know some people down there.

Sounds like a plan Zach! Are you going to be joining us tomorrow as well? Looks like we've decided on the Estes ride. Just let me know and I can get ya set up with the info.
    ~Jess~

To be honest, I might. Midterms are looking very unappealing so maybe something to take my mind off things would be in order?

I got nothing going on tomorrow, where are you all meeting up at?

Weelllll...not sure now.. some issues have come up.
    ~Jess~

Yeah saw that, but if ya do decide to go let me know.

Looks like things may still be a go.. but still working on details. Regardless of where we go, this will be a slow ride for folks still finding their niche on their bikes. If you are ok with that, then you are welcome to join us! lol
    ~Jess~

M'kay... looks like we'll still be heading to Estes. Unless there is someone down south here, we will be meeting a bit north of me. Zach will post exactly where. I'm thinking if we have kickstands up at 9:30 (I have to be back home around 2). Again, ya'll are welcome...but you have to realize that this is a SLOWER ride for people still getting their feet wet!

I'll be on the green Ninja you see in the avatar..and my cell number is posted higher up in this thread!
    ~Jess~

Me and Jess will be meeting @ 9:30 AM up at I25 and 58th Ave. There is a Diamond Scamrock off the WEST side of I25.

Jess... are we hitting the route I rode today or something different? Just wondering on specifics

Edit: My cell is 303.518.1901

LOL...Is the ride you went on today the same ride that Blake and I were talking about??
    ~Jess~

Cool I guess Ill be there at 915ish, is diamond scamrock a gas station?