Thread: Rider down on Powers

Rider down on Powers

http://www.krdo.com/global/story.asp?s=10011126
    Hope it isn't one of ours. The TV said hit by a car. 20 year old female passenger, and male rider. The car apprently tried to re-enter powers illegally after pulling off. Neither are supposed to have life threatening injuries, so hopefully they had their gear on. Apparently the bike kept going into Wal Mart after the riders were thrown from the bike.

We're riding again, so they're trying to kill us again. Look twice, ATGATT, and be safe.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Re: Rider down on Powers

Best of luck to the both of them!
    Any word on the status of the cager? Did they get them?
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Best of luck.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

damn that effin blows. i hpoe all turns out well in the end, and for a speedy recovery.

Unfortunately I have a feeling we are going to see more and more of these kinda of accidents coming up in the next few months. With more riders on the road today especially.
    Everyone try and stay safe out there. I hope the two of them make a speedy recovery and they didn't get hurt too bad.
    ~Dutch Paul - Artist~

I didn't see the accident happen but i saw everything blocked off etc when i left Walmart last night. Hope the rider is ok.

Aaron

Hopefully the two come out with minimal damage and they throw the book at the car driver.

Since the past always repeats itself and the law doesn't do anything to motorists who crash into motorcyclists, I guess it is time to start riding with the sawed-off shotgun strapped across my back again............

There's no place like home............

its gonna happen more and more the warmer it gets, i saw gi flying up 25 yesterday 100plus on his 1400 kawi.
    gl to the victims on the bike.
    brat

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:09 PM.

Account Deactivated at users request

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    People just drive bad, they do stuff for no reason. Example I'm on my way down from Monument to Academy Rd last night. We are going the flow of traffic 70 to 85mph. Guy behind me in a red RX7 is riding my ass (I was in my car).

Here comes Academy Rd up ahead traffic is solid, so I move to the right earlier then even I normally do. The RX7 stays in the fast lane, but he is not going anywhere due to traffic. Here comes the merge and exit lane for Academy Rd, no cars entering so I move over early. I had a feeling Mr Red RX7 wanted off so I took it easy as I know a lot of people tend to swing over at the last minute for the exit. Sure enough with about an inch of room between him and the car in the right lane he swerves over no blinker and comes all the way to the exit lane in front of me...I just shook my head.

If I would of been driving aggressive like I sometimes do, he might of hit me because he obviously did not know if a car was going to come into that lane as his sight was blocked by the big Suburban he cut off. All that extra work he did instead of just moving to the slow lane early on like I did, to get no where faster then I.

I know every state has bad drivers but CO really sucks, I think it has to do with all the people from CA moving here.
    Coming from LA I would have to say the people in CA tend to be a lot more aggressive in their driving. Comparitively, I think the people in CO are worse drivers than anywhere else I have ridden. I did some complete stupid stuff out in CA and took a lot of unnecessary risks and had very few close calls from other drivers. I can't even tell you how many times I have had an asshole driver almost take me out since riding in Broomfield alone a little over 8 months.

Hope those riders are okay.

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Maybe it is the fact that we all come from other areas, and bring those bad traits with us. ...............

But yeah CO has some very bad drivers, but I do not think it is fair to say they are from CO and thus COLORADO has bad drivers because most people here are not from this state. I have only met a handful of people actually born and raised here in CO. Most say they are from CA, or MI (odd how that is).

Amen

................................ I have only met a handful of people actually born and raised here in CO..................
    Hey!!! I resemble that remark!!!!

I have been looking for one of those "native" stickers, but instead of saying "native", it says "no vacancy"

There's no place like home............

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    Hey!!! I resemble that remark!!!!

I have been looking for one of those "native" stickers, but instead of saying "native", it says "no vacancy"
    Mine says Naieve
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

But yeah CO has some very bad drivers, but I do not think it is fair to say they are from CO and thus COLORADO has bad drivers because most people here are not from this state. I have only met a handful of people actually born and raised here in CO. Most say they are from CA, or MI (odd how that is).
    how aboot "dumb gi's" we've got a ton of those, behind cages and on sportbikes until they go down on em....

The problem is we have so many drivers from all different places. Some from the big cities and are used to driving aggressively, and others from small towns east of here who don't have a clue about driving in heavy traffic. The result is fast drivers and timid drivers, a big difference in speed and how to blend in with each other; and you have the big clusterf*ck that we know and love.

I lived in LA for a year and most drivers know what is expected of them in traffic. They at least knew how to merge across 3 lanes of traffic in one move. Not stopping at the end of the on ramp etc.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

i say dumb gi's its a inside joke all my gi friends i call that as to keep them from doing dumb gi things. most are just kids, in the army with a check that pays for a fast car or bike.
    as everyone is getting at this city is a melting pot and alot of that pot cant drive....
    be safe out there too many people getting hurt lately and its not even summer...... be carefull!