Thread: Some people are destined for greatness....

Some people are destined for greatness....

Anyone else hear about this last night?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11931579

A Colorado Springs man on a motorcycle fleeing a state trooper hit a curb Monday night, ejecting him from the bike in a fatal crash, police said.
    The crash happened around 9:25 p.m. in the 300 block of North 21st Street, according to the Colorado Police Department's crime blotter.
    A trooper with the Colorado State Patrol attempted to stop a motorcycle for speeding near West Cimarron Street and South 8th Street, police said, but the cyclist sped off.
    The motorcycle headed west on Cimarron and north on 21st where the driver failed to make a turn and hit a curb, ejecting both the driver and a passenger.
    Police identified the driver as William Lee Campbell and the passenger as Maria Renee Campbell, both 41, of Colorado Springs.
    The couple were taken to Penrose Memorial Hospital where William Campbell died of his injuries, police said.
    Maria Renee Campbell is in serious condition, police said. Further details on her injuries were not available.
    Neither party was wearing a helmet and alcohol is suspected as a contributing factor in the incident, police said.
    I feel kinda weird about it cuz i was northbound on nevada last night just entering downtown and that guy pulled up alongside me on his loud for nothing harley and when the light turned green he blasted off quickly accelerating to probably 50-60 (yes, downtown) and i remember thinking to myself, "That jackass is gonna kill himself"....

06 DR650SE

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Some people are destined for greatness....

Quote Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
    Anyone else hear about this last night?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11931579

<snip>harley <snip>and i remember thinking to myself, "That jackass is gonna kill himself"....
    He did.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

AKA "Devaclis"

Everyone can be an asshole now and then. Death is permanent and IMO a little harsh for being a dick. His passenger had no choice either.

I am an ass every day. I sure hope I don't die of it.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Running from police on a Harley??? Some form of hallucinogen was definitely a factor...lol. Too bad he had a passenger on the back...hurting yourself is one thing....
    The cheapest mod that you can make to increase HP on two wheels is to remove the weight from the equation. In other words, put the spoon down once in a while and loose some fat off ur a*s ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    . His passenger had no choice either.
    always sad to hear about deaths, especially over such little things as a ticket.

however, his passenger did have a choice. She didn't have to ride with him and she could have worn gear if she wanted to.

just thinning out the population. he chose his fate, so did she trusting him and beeing drunk at that.... still sad to hear regardless though...

AKA "Devaclis"

haha thinning out the population.

YOU, who have wrecked on a public road, going too fast, which is illegal, think it is ok for another person to die? given the FULL details of what happened and what this guy was doing?

God dammit I love the hypocrisy in this place.

So, if the passenger had chosen to wear gear, and she was being kidnapped, you would have sympathy?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    haha thinning out the population.

YOU, who have wrecked on a public road, going too fast, which is illegal, think it is ok for another person to die? given the FULL details of what happened and what this guy was doing?

God dammit I love the hypocrisy in this place.

So, if the passenger had chosen to wear gear, and she was being kidnapped, you would have sympathy?
    who has wrecked on a public road going too fast? yes if she would have been kidnapped it would have been sadder. if i choose to ride as i do from time to time then its my fault.
    i love the hypocrisy of this place too, you act like every one on here just puts around. i know ive been on enough rides ive seen it.

AKA "Devaclis"

Right. I act like everyone puts around? really? Read my posts man. check out the Speed limit thread.

My point is, you act like this guy did something so wrong that his death was justified and this his passenger got what she deserved. Really? Wanna back that up?

I will take back my remark about you speeding while you lowsided. You were going too slow. Sorry.

THIS is you speeding: http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...illvids009.flv

Glad you did not wreck while going that fast.
    Last edited by Devaclis; Tue Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:05 AM.

hey fool im one of three bikes there, all csc members. i lowsided down south by bishops castle. before you start going get your shit straight.
    and yes he got drunk and decided to go fly from cops. one drinking and riding, no no no. second taking off from the cops, and on a hardley. shit, imagine if he had done that and hit one of my friends riding then he would have had a bad day there too, hell what if he hit someone you know down here..... deal with it. fuck i guess were glad he wasnt on a sportbike then itd all be the fault of the people that ride sportbikes.... he was drunk and ran, oh well. shitty deal for a shitty decision. or was he right for drinking and riding and, and running from the cops....? if you dont like my opinion dont read it. and get your info straight.

and as I said, "if I choose to ride as I do sometimes then its my fault" yep. bc i do speed, often in the mtns. however around town i seem to be the only one who knows 45 is 45, etc.
    Last edited by Brat; Tue Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.

AKA "Devaclis"

Anyone else wanna post up:

1. They are glad his guy died and his wife was hurt

2. He got what he deserved

3. He was stupid because he was a Harley rider. I am smart because I am not

4. "Insert your own Holier Than Thou cliche here" - Free ad space

Did you just call me a dumbass, Brat? really? I have my shit straight. I NEVER indicated WHERE you crashed, just that you did. I only posted a video of you hauling ass on horsepower hill. I did not post pics of you lowsiding, although I could.

Both of you --- in your corners NOW!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

[quote=Devaclis;423236]
    My point is, you act like this guy did something so wrong that his death was justified and this his passenger got what she deserved. Really? Wanna back that up?
    [quote]

HE chose poorly, drinking AND riding, AND running from the cops to put it simply.... HIS choice. a piss poor choice. while he might not have deserved to pass. he did. looks like HIS shitty choice got him a shitty outcome.

and as i said in my first post still sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Both of you --- in your corners NOW!
    i do try to be nice i do. again as per my first post still sad to hear.

AKA "Devaclis"

Agreed it is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    i do try to be nice i do. again as per my first post still sad to hear.
    I think you are sincere about being empathetic toward the fallen rider. I also believe that you chose your words poorly to express that on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I think you are sincere about being empathetic toward the fallen rider. I also believe that you chose your words poorly to express that on the board.
    devaclis we just have different opinions. i will man up, about the dumbass, even though thats how i feel. i apologize man.
    maybe i'll meet ya on a ride and we can discuss the pros of drinking and riding? ( i am saying that with sarcasm of course.) regardless, sucks he chose poorly.
    nick, im empathetic about any fallen rider. however adding alcohol makes it a personal choice HE made. hell i freaked out when i saw the scooter down on academy, hopefully they ALL have a speedy recovery, the scooter and wife.
    stay safe out there and dont DRINK and ride..
    Brat

Seriously, when Nick is in here playing referee, you have both gotten to emotional about it.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    devaclis we just have different opinions. i will man up, about the dumbass, even though thats how i feel. i apologize man.
    maybe i'll meet ya on a ride and we can discuss the pros of drinking and riding? ( i am saying that with sarcasm of course.) regardless, sucks he chose poorly.
    nick, im empathetic about any fallen rider. however adding alcohol makes it a personal choice HE made. hell i freaked out when i saw the scooter down on academy, hopefully they ALL have a speedy recovery, the scooter and wife.
    stay safe out there and dont DRINK and ride..
    Brat
    I hear ya man. Let's not make our differing opinions personal

I am a gargantuan dumbass. But only my wife can call me out on that.

Be careful out there. I don't wish any of you a death sentence, even if you live in Boulder or are a Northie.
    Last edited by Devaclis; Tue Mar 17th, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

You callin me a Boulder lie(r)??????

AKA "Devaclis"

haha edited