Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To those who speed on I25

Re: To those who speed on I25

My $.02

- Ticket revenues go to the jurisdiction of the officer writing the tickets (State Troopers to Co., local municipalities to city/county)
    - Having a bike that does 160+ doesn't mean that if I'm not doing 160+ at every possible opportunity that I've wasted my money as long as I enjoy my ride, my bike, and my day
    - Running from a police officer is entirely up to you. I'll never do it. I prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't
    - Riding through traffic at 160+ and lane splitting (anywhere but California) is what gives sportbike riders a bad name. It's often a product of selfish bravado that has no place on a road and is too often ended with a sudden physics lesson
    - Giving someone else crap about wearing too much gear or wearing it too often is kind of like telling a climber that you're just being soft for using that saftey rope. If you wear a helmet on a regular basis remember that the guy riding 70+ up Santa Fe with a t-shirt, no helmet & no sunglasses is giving you the same crap
    - To the original point of the thread, thanks for the heads up on the speed traps to those of use who are unfamiliar with their common spots. Speeding is a choice we all make and if we're not prepared for the consequences of our actions, we need to not take them
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    giiran your a moron if you going to even try and run from the cops your putting yourself at risk and everyone else a risk. while i still going to be riding my bike while your stuck behind bars.
    That's a pretty arrogant statement considering you have no idea what skill level he's at or what factors motivate anyone to make that decision. While running from the police is certainly not a decision made lightly, it is a decision that some of us are faced with.

The overwhelming majority of people in this world follow society's rules and live their lives based on what everyone else is doing. I don't live like that and neither does anyone else I ride with. Some people will call us idiots for living like that on two wheels, but I say we're the ones living! The choice to speed or run from the law is a choice we all face, but don't fault someone just because they live outside the mold of what everyone else is doing.

I'm not here to preach to anyone on this forum, but I will give everyone this small piece of advice; live the life you want to be living, not the life the masses wants you to. I follow this creed everyday and I can tell you without hesitation that I'm a happier person for it.

Let the flaming continue. lol
    President-Syndicate Riders
    www.syndicateriders.com

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    The overwhelming majority of people in this world follow society's rules and live their lives based on what everyone else is doing. I don't live like that and neither does anyone else I ride with. Some people will call us idiots for living like that on two wheels, but I say we're the ones living! The choice to speed or run from the law is a choice we all face, but don't fault someone just because they live outside the mold of what everyone else is doing.
    So, someone who decides he doesn't like waiting at red lights should feel free to "live" and pull out in front of you?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    My $.02

- Ticket revenues go to the jurisdiction of the officer writing the tickets (State Troopers to Co., local municipalities to city/county)
    - Having a bike that does 160+ doesn't mean that if I'm not doing 160+ at every possible opportunity that I've wasted my money as long as I enjoy my ride, my bike, and my day
    - Running from a police officer is entirely up to you. I'll never do it. I prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't
    - Riding through traffic at 160+ and lane splitting (anywhere but California) is what gives sportbike riders a bad name. It's often a product of selfish bravado that has no place on a road and is too often ended with a sudden physics lesson
    - Giving someone else crap about wearing too much gear or wearing it too often is kind of like telling a climber that you're just being soft for using that saftey rope. If you wear a helmet on a regular basis remember that the guy riding 70+ up Santa Fe with a t-shirt, no helmet & no sunglasses is giving you the same crap
    - To the original point of the thread, thanks for the heads up on the speed traps to those of use who are unfamiliar with their common spots. Speeding is a choice we all make and if we're not prepared for the consequences of our actions, we need to not take them

plus my 2 cents make it 4.
    well said man!--well said.

I know why I ride with the CSC vs. MHM for sure now.
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

<--- Starts popping popcorn.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Ride carefully and good luck MHMers.
    Last edited by Wintermute; Mon Mar 23rd, 2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Shitting up the thread.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    So, someone who decides he doesn't like waiting at red lights should feel free to "live" and pull out in front of you?

Dirk
    Reminds me of the old Stones tune:

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield
    Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
    And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side

And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you jesus, thank you lord
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

carlito i dont care if he is nicky hayden or casey stoner skill doesnt out weight stupity. yes he has the chocie to do it but that doesnt make him not a moron for doing it. it is simple like others have said we share the road and he is putting people at risk simple and i am guessing you would run to well that makes you a moron too. and its my chocie to say that but i am not putting anyone at risk and endangering life with that statement. all i have to say is krama is a bitch and you should hope it doesnt catch up with you.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

oh boy, here we go...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

giiran your a moron if you going to even try and run from the cops your putting yourself at risk and everyone else a risk. while i still going to be riding my bike while your stuck behind bars.

Then apparently i'm a moron. Thanks for the insight Tipys.

Speaking of being a moron,,,,,,,,, If you need to spell my name, it's right above my avatar on the left of this post. Or just cut and paste it from here.... Giianee .

Just looking out for you brotha
    " Dream as if you will Live Forever,,, Live as if you will Die Today ! "

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    Oh i understand that, but what im saying is that the cop; one is either going to catch up to you, or he is going to radio it in. ( No one can out run a radio) Now if lets just say the cop gets up to speed with you, and you dont slow down, then you see where im going with this. im not saying i have to be right by the cop when you do this. Im saying that if i can tell your running from the cop, you know the cop is chasing you, and im in front of you, i have no problem making it harder for you to get away.
    Maybe i just think that its crazy and stupid, to do triple digets with traffic. It doesnt take much at those speeds to lose it. You lose focus and well there are no corner workers to come running after you. We all have things we like to do to get that rush. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Doesnt matter. Just know to expect the unexpected. I feel those speeds are best suited elsewhere. and when it come to running from the cops, that a personal choice you make.

Tyrel
    From knowing numerous offices and state troopers,,, also from being a patrol man with DPD for 2 yrs, comes my following statement

The radio is faster than the bike,,, but in reality most officers will not give chase if there is a chance of endagering themselves or others. So unless you commit a felony before hand and they are looking for you, they typically won't give chase. They may hit the lightbar for a couple hundred yards, but after that they'll back off because they assume it is a lost cause. If the officer is a rookie or has a total hard on for you then the circumstances might be different.

I ran from the cops once (when I was 16) and got away. That was the last time. I am older and wiser now and still alive.

I still live "on the EDGE" and "EXTREME". Like right now I am going to go stick a metal fork in the toaster and then my dick.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    <--- Starts popping popcorn.

LMFAO.... downhill from here

I predict locking in this thread's future...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Giianee View Post
    most officers will not give chase if there is a chance of endagering themselves or others.
    Giianee, isn't that a factor for you and/or MHM? I'm not picking a fight, I'm just curious. Putting innocent bystanders in danger seems like kind of a selfish approach. Just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    I ran from the cops once (when I was 16) and got away. That was the last time. I am older and wiser now and still alive.
    Well i've been doing it for about 15 yrs,,,, so at least now i know the day that something does happen, i'll be sure to pick up a powerball ticket the next day.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

'02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Giianee, isn't that a factor for you and/or MHM? I'm not picking a fight, I'm just curious. Putting innocent bystanders in danger seems like kind of a selfish approach. Just asking...

We're open on the subject. We don't expect any of our riders to do it, but we also don't restrict them from making their own decisions about their stunts or about where they choose to speed.

how you going to pick up a powerball ticket from jail or after death?
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

This thread is like watching a car crash in slow motion...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

how you going to pick up a powerball ticket from jail or after death?
    I'll have my Girlfriend do it. I have a $1 bill in a ziplock bag on the dresser that is labeled for such an occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Giianee View Post
    Well i've been doing it for about 15 yrs,,,, so at least now i know the day that something does happen, i'll be sure to pick up a powerball ticket the next day.
    I am pretty sure that would mean your luck had run out

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    I am pretty sure that would mean your luck had run out
    Maybe for items like the lottery my luck runs backwards,, since I haven't hit the jacket pot yet.