Thread: Border to Border Insanity

Border to Border Insanity

Anybody up for a little ride on Sunday - Monday? I plan on leaving Sunday morning on a little stroll up to Coronach, Saskatchewan in Canada to get a good nights sleep. This is the closest place next to the border that I could find a B&B to stay at. The next morning I will get receipts and a witness before heading back across the border and heading to Juarez, Mexico some 1400 miles south. Less than 24 hours is considered by the IBA to be a B2B Insanity ride.

In addition it will allow me to turn in my Mexico tourist permit that I picked up back in Feburary. So, anybody who is looking for something to do this weekend is welcome to join me!

(I'm going to continue to the MotoGP in California from there with a few more less than obvious and out of the way excursions.)

BTW; Starting on Sunday you can go to MotoGP Trip and you will be able to see me in real time.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Border to Border Insanity

Good Luck OKD.

Hope all goes well and have a blast

(I'd go but I'm destined to stay here in CO for a while)
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Re: Border to Border Insanity

Wow, sounds like you have quite an adventure planned! It reminds me of a trip my Dad used to make in the early 60's....

He was stationed at White Sand Missle Range near El Paso, Texas and would drive to see his parents when on leave...they lived in Bozeman, Montana, just a little over 1400 miles away. He would usually make it in anywhere from 21 to 23 hours. This was in a '57 Pontiac Bonneville with Rochester Fuel Injection and 2.73 gears, definitely a highway cruiser. Granted there wasn't near the amount of traffic back then, but construction of I-25 was in it's infancy so there was quite a patchwork of highways that had be negotiated.

Have fun, be safe and take lots of pictures!
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Damn! Now that right there, is an adventure! Sounds like a hell of a way to get to a much deserved GP, when it's all over with.

G'luck with everything!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson