VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Re: sooo.... i just....

Been there, done that.

I'd give you my doctor, but he is an orthopedic oncologist (bone cancer doc). I had a rare case where after being hit by a car while cycling, I tore my discoid meniscus, but also had a 5" long tumor inside my femur bone. And since mine was a discoid tear, (disc instead of ring of cartilage) he just cut out the center of the disc to make a normal ring shaped meniscus, so I still have a full meniscus so to speak.

I can't say much as far as recovery or anything like that, because in my case, I had a ton of road rash to deal with, meniscus repair, and bone grafting to suffer through (it really wasn't that bad though, technology has come a long way).

Best recommendation is to get an MRI to see what's wrong. Be prepared to go through a bunch of physical therapy. Also, if it is the meniscus, be ready to determine the weather without seeing forecasts for a long time. Based on pressure changes, I can feel when a major storm is coming about 24 hours in advance. My knee (actually, both of them) have been hurting like heck the past 2 days. Somethings coming, whether we get precipitation or not.

Good luck and post up if you need help with anything.

wow. I actually wouldnt mind being able to tell the weather. probly more accurate than the shmoes that report the weather : P j/p

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Left a post on the MRA board as well. Stedman Hawkins clinic, they have a location at Belleview and Ulster in DTC. They took care of my knee as well. I'm pretty sure anyone who has had ortho problems and been smart enough to go there is going to give you the same recommendation.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Erik, have it looked at ASAP. Don't wait. You don't have that luxury with race season approaching. Go see a doc, pronto, minana.

I'm sorry this happened. The sooner the better though my .02
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    The sooner the better though my .02
    Thats completely true! Meniscus repair is considered out-patient and arthroscopy minimizes damage to muscles and you can usually start physical therapy the same day or day after surgery. Longest part of it all will be getting in to surgery, usually several weeks wait (though in this economy, it may be less or more, or you could grow a crazy rare tumor like I did and get emergency surgery 2 days after seeing the doc... )