Thread: Churchill wins

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Churchill wins

Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Churchill wins

Yeah, just saw that on the news. Only a $1 award though. He lives in my neighborhood.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

I would think CU will let this one go, or are you thinking Churchill will appeal the "award"?

Can you appeal the compensation awarded by the jury?
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I think he's more concerned about getting his job back.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I can't believe that fuckstick even had standing to sue, much less that a jury found in his favor.

Great message to academics everywhere: If you're going to be be scrutinized for plagiarism and fabrication, be sure to loudly and publicly tread on your genitalia, so you have a fallback position.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

So a prof seriously can't be fired for plagiarism???? Any student caught doing it is automatically dismissed from the school, but the person responsible for teaching me is ok doing it? ugh!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Below is CU President Benson's statement regarding the verdict.

“While we respect the jury’s decision, we strongly disagree. It doesn’t change the fact that 21 of Ward Churchill’s faculty peers on three separate panels unanimously found he engaged in deliberate and repeated plagiarism, falsification and fabrication that fell below the minimum standards of professional conduct. The jury’s award is an indication of what they thought of the value of Ward Churchill’s claim. We will examine our legal options.”

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Funniest part is --- if CU decides to appeal the decision - and they word the appeal right... they can agree with the $1.00 compensation, giving him no window to try to increase his award...

I hate the fraker's total self-absorbed position and total lack of ability to actually TEACH anything valid with substantiated proof (I had to endure several lectures and classes of his so I know how bad it is to endure him) --- so I'm glad they jacked him there.

I just hope CU can either let this go and pursue other methods to fire him (official tenure review board on charges of plagerism perhaps?) so he can fade away into obscurity.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

The guy's an attention whore, they're everywhere. Unfortunately, it's almost as much the CU's fault for granting the guy tenure. That's not easy status to attain and usually you have to be a decent prof to get it. A few sneak through and now this one's got a soapbox...awesome.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Well, after the OJ trial, I guess I ain't shocked at anything 6 idiots on a jury hand out......

That guy deserves to have his nutz ripped off, not to get his job back so he can poison the gullible......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)