Thread: Great Experience at Fay Myers

Thumbs up Great Experience at Fay Myers

I just wanted to post up and let everyone know that I had a great experience at Fay Myers. I had been a little skeptical about shopping a Fay Myers after an experience I had trying to buy a bike there a couple years ago. However, I decided to give them an opportunity this time around.

On March 31st I bought a bike there after shopping around at both local dealers and out of state dealers. I went in there told them what I wanted and how much I was willing to spend (otd) and they worked the deal without all the usual BS that comes with buying a new vehicle. The sales man didn't have all the answers to my questions and instead of "making stuff up as he goes" like I have experienced at some dealerships, he went and got the appropriate people who actually knew the answers. The paperwork portion went extremely smooth as well. They presented the options, which I declined and they did not continue pushing the "added" options.

Anyways, a very good experience and I would definitely give them another opportunity! The only negative that I can say is that my gas tank was empty, which is very minor.

Re: Great Experience at Fay Myers

Quote Originally Posted by Juke View Post
    The only negative that I can say is that my gas tank was empty, which is very minor.
    +1... lol

Yeah, I got my Duc there and the sales people are pretty cool, hopefully not only out of necessity...

But wait till you have to deal with (hopefully not) the service department, OMG, they don't give a crap about anything, sometimes they will even straight up lie to you, and are not reliable at all. Heard pretty bad stories too. I've had to "clamp my nose" each time I take the bike there for warranty service stuff...

Ride safe and congrats for your new bike!

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

I was afraid of that. I have been trying to decide on the service package. There deal seems pretty fair but I was sure about their service department. Where do you take yours for service?

Good to hear I bought my bike from them a few years age and had a very similar experience. It was easy, they worked on the price with me and the paperwork was as smooth as can be. Because I didn't know anything about bikes and it's a dealership I paid a little more, but it was pretty fair. My one bad issue was that they gave me a crappy battery. Can't offer any insight on service, it wasn't a new bike so I've never gone to them. It's nice to know of a few shops out there treating people right.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

We bought out new Ninja 250 there from Chris Ortega and it was probably one of the best buying experiences I've had in a long time. Fast, couteous, and $600 less than the next dealer. Thier service department could use a tune-up though, my Ninja would barely idle when I first hopped on it, fortunately they took care of that in a couple minutes.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Chris is who I dealt with also. Like I said, a great experience. Again, I am disappointed to hear that the service department is lacking.

Juke, maybe I missed it, but what did you pick up? Pics and details, man!

I picked up a Hypermotard. Now I just wish the weather would cooperate. I love my 600rr but wanted something to mix it up a little. Everyone tells me that I will not ride the 600rr anymore but we'll see. Worst case, I will turn the 600rr into a track bike.

I bought my 525 from Chis, great guy, financing tried to tack on a bunch of crap on when doing the paperwork, made them redo it, but when I didn't want the crappy FM vinyl stickers on the plastic (asked for oem) it was like pulling teeth. Just bought a $6500 bike but the squawked about $30-40 woth of stickers. Un fucking believable.
    They finally gave me $35 credit towards another set of decals so I had to fork out $30+ to get it.
    They pretty much lost me as a customer (bike buying), again, with that bone head move.
    As far as the service dept. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (old wound that will never heal)

As a business owner, I've never understood why a business wouldn't do the small things to make a customer happy. It doesn't take much to loose a lot of future business especially when there are so many other options out there. Not to mention it is so much cheaper to retain your current customer base (plus word of mouth) than to get new customers.

All these negative comments about there service department are really disappointing as it's now going to cost me a lot more to get service done. Although I might just learn how to do it myself.

I picked up a Hypermotard.
    <----Uber jealousyness. Congrats!

What bike do you have?

Where do you take yours for service?
    There at Fay... only service stuff through the package thing. It was good value when thinking ahead since it is a Duc, although it turned out to be full of inconvenience, sadly still good value, I'm torn... lol. I would not have done it knowing what I know now, or if I had bought a different bike, for sure; I probably wouldn't get it if I was you. For other stuff on the Duc I use Boulder Motorsports, that IS top notch service. Best experiences so far...

As much as I can, I do my work on the 636. If it gets complicated, or I fail at my attempt I panic and take it to TFOG (perfect since it is 2 mins. from my place), or Faster (always busy, not convenient if in a hurry, but usually good). If the bike is fancy or you are concerned with guys not being to careful with your sh@it, I would talk to the guys at Boulder Motorsports, they are Duc guys but probably do other makes; they are very gentle with the bikes, straight up surgeon style.

As far as tires... I go with TFOG or 303 Cycle, it's always an interesting experience... lol, and no scratched rims yet

Hope this helps. Keep asking around, it is not all about location if you have a way of getting the bike there.

D.

******EDIT*******

OK, you got a Hypermotard, then call Boulder Motorsports man, no sweat.
    Last edited by Vehicle 1; Sat Apr 4th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

I have some friends that take their duc's to Boulder Motor Sports. I know from everything I hear that they are top notch. My only concern after talking with them yesterday is that they are 3 or 4 times more expensive. I know they do extra service above and beyond what's necessary, which I appreciate and I know you get what you pay for. How have you found their prices?

my only complaint about Fay Myers is their service deptartment. Brought my bike in for the factory frame recall. All they had to do was epoxy 3 braces onto the frame. Simple right? I come to pick up my bike, my horn is sticking out from the side of the plastics. There is epoxy residue on my frame, which won't come off, and they placed epoxy ontop of one of the bolts that holds in the headers.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

How have you found their prices?
    As far as labor goes I didn't see a big difference tell you the truth; but I have only been there twice for simple stuff. Parts though...

Ask your friends about the labor specifically. It should not have been that different from other places. And besides, I was there BS'n with the guys amazed at the care they took of the bikes, that is hard to find. They explained everything to me and gave me all sorts of good advice. They were also attentive and put up with my questions, some mechanics hate BS'n with ya and answering Q's, some of us customers are truly a pain though. Clarkie at Epic (not working there at the time) is another guy that will BS with ya, great people.

D.
    Last edited by Vehicle 1; Sat Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Wow...interesting to hear the bad on their service dept! I've not really ever had an issue with them, and they've always seemed to go out of their way to help me out with the little issues. (Then again...this could be b/c I keep freaking coming back like a revolving door too...lol)

Anyway, they've always taken the little extra steps to help me out which means a TON to me. At one point when I was unable to ride the bike, they rode it in the snow to my storage spot and I just drove the guy back to the shop (granted....just a few blocks - but still a tremendous help!)

I got that service package when I bought my bike there and have yet to stumble across a problem on that side of things. When we did find out that my battery was bad, they worked it out so Kawi got me a new battery that day instead of using the one from the service deal - so I still have that one for down the road.

I primarily dealt with Brandon after the drunk hit me as well as some service stuff and he was always very helpful and worked with me (as I'm sure I'm far from the easiest customer). So it sounds like I'm throwing out one of the few (if only) kudos to Fay's service dept - but here's to hoping I can take a break from them this summer too! =)
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?