Thread: Walk Like MADD - Aug 1, 2009

Thumbs up Walk Like MADD - Aug 1, 2009

As a good number of you know, I was hit by a drunk driver while on my bike last summer. While recovering and dealing with the whole legal process, I received AMAZING help and support from my victim's advocate through MADD. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) This organization serves as such a wonderful resource when people are affected by drunk/impaired driving!

I have been a volunteer with MADD ever since my recovery and am on several committees with them. I now have a chance to help support the group that gave me the support I so desperately needed last summer.

On Aug 1, 2009, I will be participating in Denver's Walk Like MADD event. This is a 5k walk fund raising/support event for MADD. I am asking all of you to consider joining me and we can form a CSC team to walk in the event. If this does not interest you, please consider making a donation/pledge on my page to help me reach my goal for the event. I think it would be fantastic to be able to make a presence as CSC in support of this event!

For any info or questions, please feel free to contact me, or click the link to access my Walk Like MADD page!
    Jessie
    http://support.madd.org/site/TR/Even...nal&fr_id=2350

As soon as I get some responses from folks, I'll get an official team set up and get the info out there for you!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Walk Like MADD - Aug 1, 2009

I'm a member of DAMM

Drunks
    Agaimnst
    Mad
    Mothers

(BTW --- I was hit by a drunk in 1985 --- hit and run --- and MADD was nowhere to be seen. Maybe that was a good thing?)
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

They were still fairly new at that point, so I dunno??

Previous to my events, I always thought they were just an activist group...but they do amazing work as far as victim/family services and they are a great resource!
    ~Jess~

Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Awesome news on this front....
    MADD at the national level has put me in charge of a brand spanking new division for the Walk Like MADD fundraiser. MADD Colorado has taken the initiative to create a Fire/EMS division and it is all my baby!! We are even going to pit my division against the Law Enforcement division to get the competitive juices flowing. =)
    So now I'm in charge of this division and have made my team "CO Fire/EMS". So again, if you are interested in helping me out or want to walk with me, let me know or take a peek at my WLM page:
    http://support.madd.org/site/TR/Even...nal&fr_id=2350
    ~Jess~

I will walk with you.

"....dumb.....arrogant......condescending..... .
    lunatic.....douche....limited.....nut-case...."

oh...and from PMs "dumb broad".

"Posted by chanke4252"

Awesome Pandora!!! Feel free to click on the link to my page and it describes everything and you can register on there. Or you can PM me for whatever details ya want... Thanks!!!!!
    ~Jess~