Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They killed my dog......

AKA "Devaclis"

They killed my dog......

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6365427.html

On Thursday I believe it was, Wednesday or Thursday about 1:00 a.m., Marcus is a guy who doesn't sleep anymore at night. He sleeps during the daytime. And about 1:00 he happened to be awake and he heard a gunshot. He lives on a ranch with his mother in Texas. He grabs his gun and he goes outside. There he sees, I believe it was four. It may be three but I believe it was four young men 18 to 24 years old, all of them, where they had just shot his dog. Marcus' dog is named Dasy. Each letter represents D A S Y represents one of the fallen members of his team. It was given to him in recovery to help him through the recovery process. This dog means everything to Marcus. Marcus had his gun and he took it out and he put it right between the eyes of one of the guys. He was standing away from them, pointed right between the eyes. Now, here's a SEAL team member who is wildly, he's just, he is having trouble, man. He is still recovering from his injuries. He had just gotten out of surgery. He's standing there with a gun between the guy's eyes. He doesn't fire. All four and he's just saying, "You killed my dog." They executed his dog. "You killed my dog. Why would you do that?" They run. They get into his car. Marcus gets into his truck, chases them over four counties, finally runs them into a ditch. He calls the Rangers.

The Texas Rangers arrive and these guys, when the Texas Rangers are taking these guys away, Marcus has held them there by a gun. As the Rangers are taking these guys away, they're threatening Marcus' life and saying, "When we get out, we're coming for you next. First it was your dog. It's going to be you next. You don't know who you're messin' with." That's when Marcus kind of snapped just a little bit and said to the Ranger, "Excuse me, ranger, do you know who I am?" He said, "Yes, sir, Mr. Luttrell, I do." He said, "You might want to explain to these punks because I could have killed them 600 different ways and if I wanted to kill you guys after what you would have done what you just did to my dog, I would have pulled you down into my basement and I would have tortured you for days and you wouldn't have died until you begged me for death. So before you start saying you're going to come after me, you better learn who you've just whose dog you just killed."

They get into jail. These four punks have been killing dogs in Marcus' county now for a month, for joys, joy rides and kicks. Tonight Marcus is going to be on television and he's going to tell the story, and I'm showing the pictures of these dirtbags. And I want you to call PETA, I want you to call every activist you know. I want you to hear the story of a hero whose dog was executed. In all of the times that everybody is saying, oh, guns gotta be taken off the streets, you gun nuts. Here's a responsible gun owner that with everything he's gone through, everything that that dog means, these dirtbags come and kill his dog. He could have killed them all. He probably would have enjoyed it, justifiably so and he didn't because he's an American hero. Keep him in your prayers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvhMB2YoT6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTScE90spBc
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Re: They killed my dog......

He showed a LOT of restraint for those a*holes!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Don't know what to say, other than the typical, "I'd love to get my hands on those guys!!"

Ironic how Fox plays the "responsible gun owner" story and CNN plays all the "crazy fuckers with guns" stories.

BTW When did Glenn Beck lose his mind!?!?

I used to watch him on CNN and got to where I couldn't watch him any more. Now that he's on Fox, he's full on bat shit crazy!!! What happened?!?!? I like how he fakes crying all the time, now. WTF!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post

I used to watch him on CNN and got to where I couldn't watch him any more. Now that he's on Fox, he's full on bat shit crazy!!! What happened?!?!? I like how he fakes crying all the time, now. WTF!!
    I believe it was when he started telling people to believe in something, even if it was wrong.

* Sigh *

That sucks donkey balls....
    We just put down our 4 year Weimarner for "massive kidney failure" and the first thing the Vet asks is if we have DECON or anti freeze in the house/garage. i answer no (have a toddler so everything is put away).
    It's only been two weeks since we put him down, but i still think one of my neighbors posioned him...i'm still on the case trying to gather evidence.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Never piss of a SEAL. That's gotta be in the top ten rules of wanting to be alive.
    1. Breathe
    2. Eat
    3. Sleep
    4. Never piss off a SEAL
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Here's the link to the MSNBC take on this story. They also have an earlier interview with this guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30136615/

Doesn't have all the drama and narrative as the above, but I sure as hell would have been hard pressed to show restraint if I was this guy. A heartbreaking story. =\
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Apr 9th, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I believe it was when he started telling people to believe in something, even if it was wrong.

* Sigh *
    It's amazing that he has a CCW. For quite some time now, too. I would never have guessed it from the things he said when he was on CNN.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Airreed View Post
    We just put down our 4 year Weimarner for "massive kidney failure" and the first thing the Vet asks is if we have DECON or anti freeze in the house/garage. i answer no (have a toddler so everything is put away).
    It's only been two weeks since we put him down, but i still think one of my neighbors posioned him...i'm still on the case trying to gather evidence.
    Damn, that really sucks man. Let us know if shenanigans are needed
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Ironic how Fox plays the "responsible gun owner" story and CNN plays all the "crazy fuckers with guns" stories.

Cue Girlie's full throated defense of her love puppy...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Cue Girlie's full throated defense of her love puppy...
    lol, yeah
    Last edited by Shea; Thu Apr 9th, 2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Airreed View Post
    Sorry to hear this Airreed
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

I listened to the 911 tape of the incident today and it is more inline with MSNBC's take then Glenn's. Ironically it was Glenn's show that aired it.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

How disgusting and cowardly to be pulling moves like that! I doubt they get sentenced to much in the criminal system, but this is one thing I'd be more than willing to let PETA and the likes at while I just turn my back.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Eh, I loathe too many of the inane-ass stunts that PETA pulls to sick them on this. I can't reconcile my severe dislike of them with my want to see these people get a crotch full of deer ticks.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Eh, I loathe too many of the inane-ass stunts that PETA pulls to sick them on this. I can't reconcile my severe dislike of them with my want to see these people get a crotch full of deer ticks.
    Yup. PETA is a total joke!! Although, they do support arson, so maybe they can just burn down the jail!!
    Kim & Dean

Dissconected from this world

I give him total respect for his service and restraint, dont think I would have had the same.

I would have shot each of them... maybe twice.. somewhere they could bleed out slowly. He did show a lot of restraint though. I would have just said that they pointed the gun at me and I had no choice.

If you watch the video with the interview, he didn't have any restraint. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. He said more than once that he didn't have a shot before they got in their car to start running, so he never took it. The whole story he tells makes it sound like he was gonna kill those kids, had he had the shot, or had the cops not been the ones to slow them down. There was just as much anger in him as any other person out there. He even said at one point he used a pit maneuver to run them off the road, and then he was going to try and shoot the driver to get him to stop, but again, didn't have the shot. He might have been careful about not just spewing off random shots, but he was ready to pull the trigger and kill someone if he had the shot.

I don't care if you're a homeless dude or some war hero. Nobody deserves their dog being shot like that...
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

If you haven't read Marcus' book "Lone Survivor", you should. I'm not surprised he didn't shoot them. He's an ex-SEAL and knows when and when not to shoot. But I personally wouldn't fault him if he had.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Webman - In the first link, there was no video, just the article.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Luttrell showed a lot of restraint with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    If you haven't read Marcus' book "Lone Survivor", you should. I'm not surprised he didn't shoot them. He's an ex-SEAL and knows when and when not to shoot. But I personally wouldn't fault him if he had.

Dirk
    I know you mean no offense, but there are no "ex" SEALs. The proper term to use is former SEAL.

Account Deactivated at users request

I want to see if those dudes try and come after him when they're out of jail.