Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They killed my dog......

Re: They killed my dog......

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Webman - In the first link, there was no video, just the article.
    Sully, there are two YouTube videos posted in the first post by Dana.

I feel sorry for Marcus' loss. First your teammates and then your dog. I can fully understand his frame of mind and hope in one way or another he gets retribution.

However, I hate FOX news. Did you hear Glenn Beck try to turn the story towards gun ownership rights? All Luttrell wanted to do was talk about his dog and the bastards that killed her and Beck is trying to make a political statement. I think you can see the irritation on Marcus' face when he realizes how Beck is trying to circumvent the point for an agenda.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    However, I hate FOX news. Did you hear Glenn Beck try to turn the story towards gun ownership rights? All Luttrell wanted to do was talk about his dog and the bastards that killed her and Beck is trying to make a political statement. I think you can see the irritation on Marcus' face when he realizes how Beck is trying to circumvent the point for an agenda.
    O.k. I just watched both videos and the one with Beck interviewing Luttrell, I didn't see any irritation with Marcus. Maybe it's just me but he seemed to have the same face throughout the whole interview. To me it just seems he's really pissed about his dog but I didn't see one bit of discontent with Beck mentioning something about guns.

Also Beck, added a story that Luttrell's grandmother told him as something more or less to lighten the very somber mood of the interview. At least that's how I took it. We've all got the little old grandmother that is full of all kinds of stories and knowledge and I think that's the whole reasoning behind the quick story about the grandmother(again that's my perspective).

I think for some, the fact that story was covered by Fox and Glenn Beck is enough to turn them off. I'm sure if this was covered on MSNBC or CNN other people might not have the problem then.

However, I think it is a valid point that Beck did bring up is the fact that this guy is a Navy SEAL has all the training under the sun and could have easily executed these punks without blinking an eye. But he didn't and that shows immense amounts of restraint and being calm in a tense situation. It shows he had enough conscience to realize the ramifications of the outcome should he kill them. He showed impecable restraint with a gun. He is a model gun owner, in my opinion.

People are so fast to bastardize gun owners as being trigger happy maniacs only wanting to get their gun off. When in fact he did the all the work for the cops. He chased them down, got the information and was cooperative. He's part of the solution and not part of the problem...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panman06 View Post
    I know you mean no offense, but there are no "ex" SEALs. The proper term to use is former SEAL.
    Yep, you are right. My bad.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

This kind of shit happens all the time. When I was a Deputy in southern Oklahoma, I had a very good dog. "Cowboy" was a border collie mix that was my best friend through my first divorce, a great boy he was. He never hurt anything unless cornered. I found him in my driveway with a bullet through his head and his rabies tag missing. Some shithead shot him for his $14.00 rabies tag.

I don't know that I would have had that kind of restraint. Now, I don't have even a tiny fraction of the SEAL training this guy had, and I think restraint must be part of that. I have to give him credit.

I kinda do hope the follow-up interview includes the bad guys trying to come after him. And what he did to them. With pics. and video.

You Deserve What You Accept
    Whatever, I didn't vote for him.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Therapy dogs are a tremendous way to heal...and this soldier needed healing. Yeah...he did show amazing restraint...he's one helluva human being if you ask me.

More talk about dogs is needed...

When I was gone last weekend for a coupla days, my girls told me that my dog barely ate. Said he had maybe one bowl of food in 3 days. When I got home and made breakfast the next morning and called my girls to eat...he was laying by his bowl and got up and ate the whole thing in what seemed like seconds. I love my dog...he's an amazing part of this family.

More info on Therapy animals...https://www.deltasociety.org/Page.aspx?pid=183
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I think if gun owners as a group want respect, then we need to stop canonizing guys like this. He did quote en quote the "right thing." It shouldn't be said that he has amazing restraint, or that he's a god or whatever. It should simply be shown as an example of what an average person should and DOES do.

Is he really average? No. But don't let his SEAL training be the reason he didn't kill these kids. Would I be sad if they were found in a ditch with certain appendages stuffed down their throats? No. BUT, they killed a dog, put them in jail. That's the responsible, ethical thing to do. And unfortunately when you get into political situations (which this has become with mainstream media catching on) you need to be PERFECT. He was, thank God, here's to guns.

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    It shouldn't be said that he has amazing restraint, or that he's a god or whatever. It should simply be shown as an example of what an average person should and DOES do.
    I meant what I said more because not enough of the average everyday seems to be too important anymore, even though it happens more often than what we see.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Oh I wasn't picking on anyone in particular, and I'm sure most people meant it in the vein of "...if it was me."

Sorry, it's been a rough week.

/douchiness

Ha...meh...no douchiness taken whatsoever. I couldn't tell you had a rough week at all. Wanna hear about mine? =D

Hey, it's Friday...time to laugh your ass off for what really seems like no good reason.

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Ha...meh...no douchiness taken whatsoever. I couldn't tell you had a rough week at all. Wanna hear about mine? =D

Hey, it's Friday...time to laugh your ass off for what really seems like no good reason.
    Time to go to the kittah thread and contribute!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

lolz

AKA "Devaclis"

OMGHI2U!!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!