Thread: 20/20 Tonight

20/20 Tonight

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=7298996&page=1

Check it out tonight. It's on the topic of "If I only had a Gun". In light of all the shootings we've had recently, they are taking on the topic of having a weapon and whether or not would it help in a situation.

Now I watched a small piece of it earlier on World News with Charles Gibson and wasn't impressed. Though with Diane Sawyer spearheading this one it doesn't surprise me. A lot of anti-self defense rhetoric BS from her and others. Even some of the law enforcement they had on weren't the most supportive of concealed carry or armed citizens.

The thing that did tick me off in the segment was their completely bias fake drill. They armed kids(college) and adults with air pistols that shoot paint. Gave them some sort of half-ass training from probably a couple hours and then put them through the ringer. Well of course they all broke under pressure.

Now I'm saving my complete conclusions for the end of the show tonight. But I'm willing to go out on a limb and say they won't have a serious or dedicated CCW(s) on the show to prove that it will help. I'd be interested to see if they get Jean Assam from New Life to comment on her experience(after all had she not been there, who knows how many would have died).

One quick thing I will say about the New Life situation. I've noticed in articles or segments of news/shows I've seen regarding the shooting. Is how the people doing the coverage just praise praise praise Law Enforcement. And I'm not against LEO's in the least but they didn't do anything and it was all over before they even got there. Yet, Jean Assam barely gets any kind of praise(she did initially and it was mior) or attention(and even got picked on for some things in her past) and the LEO's that "weren't" there get passed off as being wonderful "First Responders" and "Hero's of the day". It's one thing that has stuck in the back of my mind since it all happened. Someone else did the job and Law Enforcement got the praise???

Anyways folks, should be an intresting segment tonight on 20/20 and for sure I'm going to catch. As I know with the recent shootings this is really bringing things to a boil with the Brady Bunch and others waiting with baited breath to ram home more Gun Control...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: 20/20 Tonight

Wow, that was the biggest piece of most one-sided bias reporting crap I've seen in a long time. All negative(s) and no positive(s) and complete BS....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Wow, that was the biggest piece of most one-sided bias reporting crap I've seen in a long time. All negative(s) and no positive(s) and complete BS....
    makes me glad i missed it, although i kinda gathered thats what it would be from the previews...

06 DR650SE

Did you honestly expect anything less?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I saw about 5 min of the segment. Got pissed and turned to the DVR to watch some recorded shows...

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Did you honestly expect anything less?
    You know man, I guess that's the weak side to me man. I wanted to give ABC the benefit of the doubt and hope they would present something fair and balanced. I was hoping in lieu of all the shootings we've been having, that they would report on ways that the populace were stepping up their own efforts to protect themselves. Not this contrived BS that I saw on 20/20, it was to the point of being appalling.

And I can't fault the NRA for not wanting to go on camera or interview. Because with that twisted reporting I saw, I'm sure they(NRA) knew that ABC would have turned anything the NRA had to say into garbage and take things out of context.

Am I surprised with the outcome?? No, not in the least because it's what I was prepared for.

Was I let down by hoping for some better expectations in the reporting with no bias?? Yes, completely...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Liberal media doesn't often talk about the truth, especially if it's a conservative view....
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

You know we just had a murder here in the Springs where a young man killed his Mom/Grandmother? with his electric guitar. Hit her over the head with it. Better ban that shit....they're way too loud & CAN kill. If I'd only have been there with an amplifier.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsTwin View Post
    You know we just had a murder here in the Springs where a young man killed his Mom/Grandmother? with his electric guitar. Hit her over the head with it. Better ban that shit....they're way too loud & CAN kill. If I'd only have been there with an amplifier.....
    Yes but according to 20/20, would you have been qualified and had the training needed in order to use that amplifier?? HAHAHA

Cause apparently those of us who spend countless hours and time practicing and practicing. Just don't make the grade for Diane Sawyer and her BATFE douchebag friends.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"