Thread: New Rumour - worth passing on

New Rumour - worth passing on

Got this email this morning from a cruiser buddy....

Something you may want to pass on: A bud was stopped one morning this week on Marksheffel or somewhere near it on a roadblock/driver's license check. They were checking license, registration, and insurance. If you didn't have them, they weren't just ticketing, they were seizing and towing vehicles. Nasty!! - Leafer
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Re: New Rumour - worth passing on

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=30684

Ya...goes in line with this thread...good information.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    At the tune of $2,500 I don't think so, that does nothing to solve the problem.
    Actually, I will have to disagree here. The $2,500 is neigh a fine, but a bond held on the vehicle for one year. If the car is caught with an unlic'd driver again within a year, the state keeps the bond. The only "fines" that are paid are impounding fees, etc to the tune of about $400. I think a $2,500 bond on a car is incentive to obtain a lic if you legally can.

On the flip, I can easily see how someone would rather leave their car in the impound and just go pick up another junker for $250.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Also worth mentioning, if your shit is in order, there is nothing to worry or bitch about. Just the people in charge trying to earn a buck. It been going on in this town for a long time, and not about to change anytime soon. So play the game now or play thier later, it's really your choice.

Unless of course you want it to change, then I would suggest voting out the people making and enforcing these laws. It starts with your city council and goes to the top.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Also worth mentioning, if your shit is in order, there is nothing to worry or bitch about. Just the people in charge trying to earn a buck. It been going on in this town for a long time, and not about to change anytime soon. So play the game now or play thier later, it's really your choice.

Unless of course you want it to change, then I would suggest voting out the people making and enforcing these laws. It starts with your city council and goes to the top.
    I LOVE being a prick to governmental authorities (including city councils) when I am totally compliant.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I LOVE being a prick to governmental authorities (including city councils) when I am totally compliant.
    Nick, we love ya, but you like being a prick to everyone except the ladies who bring you beer.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Nick, we love ya, but you like being a prick to everyone except the ladies who bring you beer.
    You got that right brotha And they can make me a samitch too while their at it
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    You got that right brotha And they can make me a samitch too while their at it
    mmmmm beer sammich........ Oh Girlie...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:17 PM.