Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas says FU

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Texas says FU

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/12227/

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state”

noooooo, ya think????
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Re: Texas says FU

its only TX
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

We should have let them start their own country, when they wanted to, the first time.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    We should have let them start their own country, when they wanted to, the first time.
    Most of them still believe it is their own country. I've lived there, F'em back!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    its only TX
    Hopefully others will follow suit.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

I heard that Indiana just got a secession bill passed by numbers like 43-4, citing similar grievances. Can't find a legitimate news source to confirm.

Georgia 4/1/09 http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/search/sr632.htm

"VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and "

Good ol' rednecks.

http://sovereign.ohiofreedom.com/wordpress/
    Last edited by Rhino; Tue Apr 14th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

Good for them. Let them hear the voices of the little people instead of saying what the people want to hear.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I say give Texass back to the Mexicans.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    its only TX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP8Yn...aynext_from=QL

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I say give Texass back to the Mexicans.
    What are you going to do about the other states that want the same thing? It gets harder to silence people in mass. I'll take Colorado if your going to give it away for going against the Federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9Rider View Post
    What are you going to do about the other states that want the same thing? It gets harder to silence people in mass. I'll take Colorado if your going to give it away for going against the Federal government.
    I have no qualms about TX going against the Federal Government. I do take exceptions to Texans in general though. The fuckers have placed some real winners in the whitehouse.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

I have no qualms about TX going against the Federal Government. I do take exceptions to Texans in general though. The fuckers have placed some real winners in the whitehouse.
    lol, well he has a point

Ok, this freaks me out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QiSi0_kTo

Alpha Omega, really? Creepy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yG...eature=related

Building his army.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    lol, well he has a point

Ok, this freaks me out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QiSi0_kTo

Alpha Omega, really? Creepy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yG...eature=related

Building his army.
    It's all on 24 on Monday nights on FOX. If it's on FOX it has to be true.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

That is freaky...where all the white folk at?
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

It's all on 24 on Monday nights on FOX. If it's on FOX it has to be true.
    That's why I watch MSNBC, because Keith Olbermann is much more objective and honest
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Joe Siphek View Post
    That is freaky...where all the white folk at?
    At Sportsmans Warehouse...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

That's why I watch MSNBC, because Keith Olbermann is much more objective and honest
    And Rachael Maddow is so HAWT

(not)

I have to agree, I've always been in favor of States rights and I've always believed that if a State wants Secession, then by all means a state should be allowed to secede from the Union.

People seem to forget we are a nation of "50" individual states. While we are "United" we still are "50" individual states, that have our own state governments in place. States could function without the Feds in my opinion because we have our own governments in place.

The way it should be is that the Federal governments responsibilities are to keep our national borders secure, provide a mail system, manage and maintain Interstate highways and print currency for general use in all 50 states. Other than that, the FEDS are way to big for their britches and it's the "50" states that have let them get to big.

But I have to stand by my belief in that all States should declare their sovereignty and send a wake up call to the BS in D.C. to keep their noses out of State's Rights. Same belief goes with Secession, I can't fault a state that wants to secede peacefully and by protocol. I also can't fault a state that wants to secede by force either, it's their State and not the Federal governments.

Lastly, leave up to the damn Texans to start this. HAHA I can't complain, I've got tons of family that are Texans.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Bush is out of office last I heard. Your going to have to blame someone else conservitive in power if you need a scapegoat. Kenya has given us a much better president... at least he's present.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9Rider View Post
    Bush is out of office last I heard. Your going to have to blame someone else conservitive in power if you need a scapegoat. Kenya has given us a much better president... at least he's present.
    Don't think he was blaming Bush for anything, just calling him a crappy President.

Of course LBJ sucked as well, and gave us the welfare state and Vietnam. Oh and most likely killed JFK.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Don't think he was blaming Bush for anything, just calling him a crappy President.

Of course LBJ sucked as well, and gave us the welfare state and Vietnam. Oh and most likely killed JFK.
    God Damn It you frickin Right Winger ---- It appears we have reached common ground with your last statement.

God Damn It you frickin Right Winger ---- It appears we have reached common ground with your last statement.
    Bah, right-winger. Right-wingers want to control my life just as much as you hippie liberal (excuse me, progressive) ass clowns do.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

they're ALL behind the curve... Colorado did this in 1994....

STATE OF COLORADO
    BY REPRESENTATIVES Duke, May, (et al.)
    ALSO SENATORS Roberts, Ament, (et al.)

HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION 94-1035

WHEREAS, The 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."; and

WHEREAS, The 10th Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the United States Constitution and no more; and

WHEREAS, The scope of powers defined by the 10th Amendment means that the federal government was created by the States specifically to be an agent of the States; and

WHEREAS, Today, in 1994, the States are demonstrably treated as agents of the federal government; and

WHEREAS, Numerous resolutions have been forwarded to the federal government by the Colorado General Assembly without any response or result from Congress or the federal government; and

WHEREAS, Many federal mandates are directly in violation of the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and

WHEREAS, The United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the States; and

WHEREAS, A number of proposals from prior administrations and many now pending from the present administration and from Congress may further violate the United States Constitution; now, therefore,

Be It Resolved by the House of Representatives of the Fifty-ninth General Assembly of the State of Colorado, a sovereign Republic, the Senate concurring herein:

1. That the State of Colorado hereby claims sovereignty, under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the United States Constitution.
    2. That this Resolution shall serve as Notice and Demand that the federal government, as our agent, is hereby instructed, effective immediately, to cease and desist, any and all mandates that are beyond the scope of its Constitutionally authorized powers.

Be It Further Resolved, That copies of this Resolution be sent to the President of the United States, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the President of the United States Senate, and each legislative house of each State of the United States of America, and Colorado's Congressional Delegation.

signed) Charles E.Berry, Speaker of the House of Representatives
    signed) Tom Norton, President of the Senate

signed) Judith Rodrigue, Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives
    signed) Joan M. Albi, Secretary of the Senate

of course, it's done exactly fuck-all for us since then....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Thumbs down Re: Texas says FU

I think we are better with the "United States of America" rather than the "50 States of America." Without central authority and unity the individual states would not have a chance. California could annex Oregon because they need the water or other resources. Texas and Oklahoma could have a disagreement and pass a law requiring travel papers/permission going in or out of their states. It would not be long until all states would require only natural born citizens of their respective state to be in state government. The United States Constitution would be superseded by Constitutions at the state level which would make recognizing the Bill of Rights for all Americans optional state to state.

You would no longer be a citizen of the United States; you would be a citizen of whatever state you live in first and only. They tried the idea of a weak central government the first time around, it did not work well then and I feel it would fare even worse now.

I think that federal authority should be kept in check, it should be watched closely and there should be more transparency. However, I believe that having 50 states acting like 50 little countries is absolutely the wrong direction for (arguably) the most powerful nation in the global economy.
    **Insert Clever Statement Here**