Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the dude on colfax yesterday!

To the dude on colfax yesterday!

To ride your bike in the snow dude.....It is snowing cats and dogs and there was at least 2 inches of snow on the ground.....And your riding your bike?????

Your either a complete moron, or really deperate! Which one was it?

Re: To the dude on colfax yesterday!

What if dude just enjoys riding in the snow?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

lol...i cant stop laughing at that even to post a come back! lol

Maybe he has a studded rear?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Yeah, maybe......but for some reason I just dont think so. Don't see alot of smart moves from people on colfax.....

But I do live near it, shame on me

What was he riding anyway?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Was going the opposite way, and it was coming down pretty hard so I cant say for sure.....Appeared to be a black bike, older cbr or ninja maybe.

Account Deactivated at users request

That's insane

I can guarantee weather like this scares not our intrepid Ruckus rider, Dysco.

I give him props for even having the balls to ride his bike in this kind of weather
    TintTechonline.com or PM me- Tint for your car!!!

There is a fine line between having balls and being a retard
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    There is a fine line between having balls and being a retard
    Isn't that ironical coming from you.

Sometimes you need to be somewhere and the bike is all you got. so what. Personally when I get caught in bad weather I just teleport to my destination.
    2004 Blue GSX-R 600 Ghetto Fenderectomy

Some people are more dedicated than others. Not sure why you want to inflict your point of view or riding habits on someone else though.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

To dm.....

Cause its irresponsible and idiotic to do something that dangerous, putting yourself and others in a situation of danger because YOUR AN IDIOT and you want to do something stupid like that.....

That is why! geezz dude, cmon

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    To dm.....

Cause its irresponsible and idiotic to do something that dangerous, putting yourself and others in a situation of danger because YOUR AN IDIOT and you want to do something stupid like that.....

I hear this from non riders about riders.
    If something is to dangerous for you, then don't do it. Don't go bitchen about it.

So your saying that the guy riding his streetbike on snow-covered roads and in the process of a snowstorm on public streets is a "RIDER" huh?

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!

Well the non-rider, me, thinks its absolutely ridiculous, but to each his own I guess!!!
    Last edited by sugarrey; Sat Apr 18th, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

At the risk of being ridiculed for being a squid, idiotic rider, or newb, I've ridden in the snow before.

It's no different from riding a bicycle in the snow or even a car. Allow plenty of distance between you and the car in front of you to stop, accelerate smoothly and slowly, take turns even slower, and wear all gear.

I've ridden in up to 3 inches of snow on the ground here in Boulder. While I don't do it all the time, it was definitely a learning experience for me. You pay attention to everything your bike does and are more aware of your surroundings. I don't think this last storm was bike-worthy of riding in, but being the wet snow it was and no ice on the roads, it should have been relatively safe to ride in because the skinny tires of a bike would get through to concrete...nothing different from riding in the rain. However, the over-flowing gutters, and corners of intersections being flooded would have been extremely hazardous (hydroplaning on 2 wheels...).

If you don't want to ride your new sport bike in snow, then don't. But for me, having a 1994 bike that I'm not too attached to and realizing the risks of riding in bad weather (and not scared of road rash, I've had it too many times), I have no problems riding in weather that fair-weather riders won't. I think it just shows who the true riders are...I'm sure someone will bring up the pictures of people on this board who have ridden in snowy conditions, entire body covered in ice, and no one ridiculed them (thinking specifically of a guy on a hayabusa and red/yellow aerostitch suit), so what's so special about this guy you saw yesterday?

I have been riding for about 25 years, and on a number of occasions, I have been obligated to ride in weather that makes the most recent storm look downright inviting. Don't discount a rider's intelligence or skills if you don't know the facts. It may well be that he was riding a buddy's bike 6 blocks to keep it from being impounded, after his buddy was checked into the hospital after being mugged (I did this in subzero weather in a freakin blizzard).
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    To dm.....

Riding a bike is dangerous. If you don't realize that, maybe you should be in an SUV or perhaps even on a bus as SUVs can roll over with an incompetent driver behind the wheel.

Personally I enjoy riding and will ride whenever possible and wherever legal. So you'll see me on my Hayabusa riding in the snow, on dirt roads, on the track, and in the rain.

There's always someone in a car looking over and likely thinking I'm an idiot for riding instead of driving in a car.

I review the situation before taking my bike out in the morning. About the only time I don't is when they're calling for a lot of snow (as they did for Friday; and in fact I didn't ride to work), or if there's ice on the roads. I'll take the car after a freeze and scope out my route and when I think it's safe (not you, not my wife, and not my insurance company), I'll take the bike to work.

You're certainly welcome to think whatever you like. No one can stop you. Think about the famous quote though: "It's best to keep quiet and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by XJ600s View Post
    I'm sure someone will bring up the pictures of people on this board who have ridden in snowy conditions, entire body covered in ice, and no one ridiculed them (thinking specifically of a guy on a hayabusa and red/yellow aerostitch suit), so what's so special about this guy you saw yesterday?

That'd be me. And had my 'busa been out of the shop, I'd probably have ridden it to work yesterday. If nothing else, it gets me out of work early

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post

That'd be me. And had my 'busa been out of the shop, I'd probably have ridden it to work yesterday. If nothing else, it gets me out of work early

Carl
    Thank you for posting that! I forgot who it was, but I've also seen other pictures with people in bad weather. If you've got the gear, and feel up to riding in bad weather, more power to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by XJ600s View Post
    Thank you for posting that! I forgot who it was, but I've also seen other pictures with people in bad weather. If you've got the gear, and feel up to riding in bad weather, more power to ya!
    That was last year and it wasn't all that bad really. The roads were just wet with a tiny bit of slush. If I'd been riding yesterday, I'd have been covered with quite a bit more.

I've stopped at gas stations and had to give a light tap to the turn signal or starter to break the little ice covering

And let's not forget:

Also me

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post
    Riding a bike is dangerous. If you don't realize that, maybe you should be in an SUV or perhaps even on a bus as SUVs can roll over with an incompetent driver behind the wheel.

Personally I enjoy riding and will ride whenever possible and wherever legal. So you'll see me on my Hayabusa riding in the snow, on dirt roads, on the track, and in the rain.

There's always someone in a car looking over and likely thinking I'm an idiot for riding instead of driving in a car.

I review the situation before taking my bike out in the morning. About the only time I don't is when they're calling for a lot of snow (as they did for Friday; and in fact I didn't ride to work), or if there's ice on the roads. I'll take the car after a freeze and scope out my route and when I think it's safe (not you, not my wife, and not my insurance company), I'll take the bike to work.

You're certainly welcome to think whatever you like. No one can stop you. Think about the famous quote though: "It's best to keep quiet and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Carl
    Nicely said Carl