Thread: what do ya think, guys

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

what do ya think, guys

I got a new camera. She ain't fancy shmancy, but I got a discount cuz it was the display model and it was on clearance. It's the Canon PowerShot A2000IS.

I like that the blue in the sky is blue and not hazy like my other camera was starting to do to most of the pix...

What's your opinions? There's some settings on it that I didn't notice until I got home to play with it, but it's got a snow setting, so the snow-capped mountains won't come out so washed out too much anymore. I kinda like that.

I guess I'll have all summer to test it.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Senior Member Yearly Supporter gtn's Avatar

Re: what do ya think, guys

I think that's the same camera Rae has. It does a pretty good job.
    Gary
    08 CBR1000rr - Candy Dark Red/Metallic Silver

I think you should cut the powerlines in the background as they destract from the overall photo composition.

Nice Cath!
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

It must be broken, it still looks like a Kawi.

I have a powershot that's a year or so old, got a 2gb card for it and set everything to the highest level. I like the pics that way a lot more. Congrats on the new camera

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    I think you should cut the powerlines in the background as they destract from the overall photo composition.
    I'll get right on it...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    It must be broken, it still looks like a Kawi.
    Well, at least she runs...

Thanks guys. We'll see if I can keep from dropping the camera...well, for at least a year...I hope. I think that's what messed up my other camera.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Lookin' pretty sharp to me.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

I was actually looking at buying one of those cameras...you think they're worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by mistykz View Post
    I was actually looking at buying one of those cameras...you think they're worth it?
    Don't move quite yet on the camera. I need to play around with the settings and see if I can get better pix out of it. Jury is still out on this one.

Use that camera for some good....

titsorgtfo

KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

AKA "Devaclis"

I like it! The best thing is that you need to get out and ride to take more Go take MOAR!!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

looks really good, nice and clear.. might have to see about toning down the brightness just a little, will make the picture look a little better
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

AKA "Devaclis"

Are you running it on full auto Cathy? That is a pretty powerful cam and you can adjust just about everything on it. I have no idea what ANY of the settings do, but you can change them!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

You really can't go wrong with a canon period. Nice pic bro. Mikes camera has full ON camera classes that will show you how to work it, even if you didnt buy it there get to know someone for a few minutes and they'll hook you up....There is sooooo much to know about the ins and outs of a digi

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    You really can't go wrong with a canon period. Nice pic bro. Mikes camera has full ON camera classes that will show you how to work it, even if you didnt buy it there get to know someone for a few minutes and they'll hook you up....There is sooooo much to know about the ins and outs of a digi

Have fun!
    I love it when people comment on my posts and don't know me...lol.

Yep, I'll work on the settings. Since I had just bought it and was too antsy to sit and fiddle around with settings, I just went for a ride and shot the darn thing on full Auto. I'm also a tad bit of a geek, so I do like to play around with things.

AKA "Devaclis"

Obama, please.....get out and ride! And take pics so I can live vicariously through your photos and then be bitter because you are out riding

lol...damn...funny man

I rode in to work today. Sun wasn't up when I came in, so I hugged my engine when I could, but every time I came up on a stop light, the darn thing turned green before I could put my feet down....lol. I'm riding every day the rest of the week. Will have to try and get up into the hills sometime, too.

Oh and hey...you ride more than me...so you post your pix and make me drool. =D

Oh and ain't nothing like packing up the tank bag with hair dryer and office clothes...god, what a dork!

AKA "Devaclis"

If I could find a server that would host 2GB video files and let me link them I could help you waste an entire month

lol...damn...back to work for me

Thanks for the reminder :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    If I could find a server that would host 2GB video files and let me link them I could help you waste an entire month
    Hey youtube finally upped their max vid size to 1gb.. Pretty cool since everywhere else i found over 100mb you had to pay for a membership!
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen