If this should be moved, pls feel free

I have to start this out with a story. I just got back from tooling around downtown after work, and had a little incident I need some answers on.

So, I'm headed into downtown, I'm on broadway and about 22nd ave when I get behind this dude that is on his cell phone. As we inch along, it's obvious he's more interested in talking on his phone, as he's weaving inside his lane, looking down for long periods of time, etc. So, we're stopped at this light, there's 3 cars in front of me including this dude, there's at least 100 yards of open space past the intersection we're about to cross. Light turns green, first two cars GO and head up to the traffic. This ass in front of me is obviously still paying more attention to his phone. Suddenly, THAT QUICKLY, the light turns yellow, and this dude, realizes and stops, right in the middle of the crosswalk. SO of course I'm pissed cause this dude isn't paying attention, and he let two god damn cars go through the light when there's a fuckload of traffic. So, instead of honking my horn, I race the engine to get him to snap the fuck out of it and pay attention.

Suddenly, this dude takes off his seat belt, and starts to get out of his car. Once he got out of the car, I see he's packing some heat (plain clothes officer). Here's how the conversation goes:

Cop: Are you trying to get my attention by racing your engine like that?

Me: Actually, yes, it's becau....

Cop: What's the point of all that? DO you understand it's illegal and dangerous to do stuff like that?

Me: Well, actually officer, it seemed as if you weren't paying enough attention to the road, therefore putting my safety at risk. You had ample opportunity go to through that light, but were too busy talking on your...

Cop: Listen, if you want to argue about this, I'd be happy to pull to the side of the road and run your license.

(As if he's trying to scare me or something. Note, I have a completely clean record. Nothing to be afraid of if he does check up on me. Keep in mind, I have not raised my voice to this guy, meanwhile he's screaming at me at the top of his lungs)

Me: That's fine officer, but I was simply....

Cop: That's right, keep arguing with me.

Me: ...

Cop: What you're doing is stupid and dangerous, and if I see you do it again I'll throw you in jail.

The cop walks off and gets back in his car just as the next light turns green.

So, I want to know what exactly was illegal about what I did? Keep in mind that my bike is 100% stock. No aftermarket pipe or anything so there is no noise violation. What statute exactly, says that revving an engine is illegal (except for noise pollution laws)? What says that revving an engine in the middle of traffic is "dangerous" and what says it's "illegal"?

This cop stepped out of his car acting like such a badass, threatens to run my license, then when I give him the opportunity to, he passes it up. Obviously he knew I didn't give a fuck if he ran it. Refused to acknowledge that the cell phone call he was on, was a distraction to his driving, and a safety risk to me, and everyone else around me. All I did was shake my head as he got back in his car. So disappointed in LEOs these days.

I do want to know though, was I in the wrong? Is racing my engine in place of my horn (aside from noise pollution) illegal?