Hey Jeff,
You must know Randy Bishop? I think I sold him my Corbin saddle off my '99 Concorse. I never did make a ride with this bunch, but I do get their e-mails still for that one day.........

Gary,
I went looking last weekend and Apex Cycles in the Springs has a clean '94 cbr1000 red white & black,(nice paint job) for under 5K$. Also in the Springs, the local BMW shop had that race replica r1100s with the fancy cowling, carbon fiber head covers and paint job. The bike is stunning!! It's also ironically 1300 cheaper than the standard R1100S,(I think because it lacks ABS) The bike is so good looking you may not want to ride it though. They alo have the 3 R1100RT's all w/ 20K + miles on em and he'll sell for $10,500,(in a month you could likely knock another grand off). Same dealer also has a very clean Triumph Trophy 1200 for $7500 and you can find it on e-bay too.

I hope you reconsider doing this trip. You'll have a hard time finding us in Houston and we'll be on the clock,(not to say that couldn't happen) but we'll hopefully be doing more of these longer rides in the future. Plus, I'd like to attempt one of the famous rallies such as the Utah 1088, you know what I'm talking about.

Last Saturday,Henry & I got caught,(ok went looking for the snow) and the bikes just got slimed w/ mule snot/muck/snow etc. The bikes were so dirty that it'd be half difficult to buy such a pretty bike,(the r1100s replica) and have it get that filthy. I would not be surprised to see that bike end up in a Guggenheim art show.