Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of when my 99 R1 was stolen

Pics of when my 99 R1 was stolen

Picture this. Living in Belmar, somewhat upscale area (at least I pay an upscale rent price) and some little puke 17 year old decides to steal your shit (which I kept pinned by a concrete barrier and 2 cars). He wants it so bad he pops the ignition out so the steering comes unlocked and drags it over your gf hood, takes it up to the top of the parking garage where there's open electricity and light and uses air grinders and chisels along with an assortment of tools to remove the tamper-proof ignition.. I wake up and my gf tell me someone took my bike. Called the cops and made a report, did everything right (only had liability ins since I paid cash for the bike)

2 days pass.......

Lakewood cops (CSI division) is coming back to the crime scene to see if they can pull prints off either car, on the way to my house they see my bike driving down my street....They pull a bitch and chase him.... He dumps the bike at a blockbuster and starts running. The cops chased him down with a car and arrested him.

2 months pass....

First court date, he comes out of the side of the courtroom in a yellow jumpsuit, he was in jail the whole time. He gets a continuance

Next court date he has a public defender. The fucking idiot please NOT GUILTY even though he has written and signed a confession, was caught on tape from the police car when he was being chased (cops never lost sight of him) and had my registration, bill of sale and insurance card up in his room (which by the way was just one floor up from where I lived in Alexan Belmar) NOT GUILTY!!!! WOW

To make the story shorter.....We was ordered by the judge to pay me $4300 for damages to my bike and $1100 for damage to my girls car.

PO and restitution chic setup $200 payments a month till it was paid off then the felony would be removed from his record (oh btw, he was caught with a bunch of weed and 2 stolen handguns in his room). I wasnt happy with this cause my bikes still fucked up...

2 days ago....

After not receiving one payment (he's 3 months late already) I called the PO, she told me his payments were cut to $50 per month because he is unable to get a job. What a fuckwad! He was a minor when he did this but is now an adult....Mama drives around in a Mercedes SUV and when they were living upstairs from me were paying $2k plus a month for rent.

I got them kicked out of their condo (because I let the front office know that he was stealing other tennants shit, and about 4 months before this had over $4k stolen of stereo shit out of my jeep).

Here are some pics of what the little bitch did....his name is MATTHEW PIHA !!!!

So at this point after 6 months pro-court I have seen not a dime and my bike is still fucking trashed!

Nice story huh.....Now I got full coverage and lo-jack!

Re: Pics of when my 99 R1 was stolen

Mang. Sorry to hear that.
    TintTechonline.com or PM me- Tint for your car!!!

Sux! At least you got them kicked out of their condo.
    2003 GSX-R750 Angry Marmot Motorsports #256
    Voted "Best Smelling Exhaust" May 2006

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Can you sue his mama ?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

^^ Kind of thinking the same thing... go civil

Since he was a minor when it happened, shouldn't the parents be responsible for their kids?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Tort liability for damages caused by delinquent youth is yet another way States traditionally have held parents accountable for the misdeeds of their children. Typically, tort law varies from State to State regarding the monetary thresholds on damages collected, the age limit of the child, and the inclusion of personal injury in the tort claim. Hawaii was the first State to enact such legislation in 1846, and its law remains one of the most broadly applied in that it does not limit the financial bounds of recovery and imposes liability for both negligent and intentional torts by underage persons.75 Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and New Jersey also do not place a limit on the amount of recovery. Today, all States but New Hampshire and New York have provisions holding parents civilly responsible for youth crime, with an average maximum recovery amount of $4,100
    http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/pubs/reform/ch2_d.html

Other interesting info on the subject:

In the past 2 years, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas have enacted legislation that requires parents and children to participate in community service activities after the youth has been in trouble with the law. In addition, new laws in Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, North Dakota, and Oregon require parents to attend counseling or other court-ordered treatment programs. Recent legislation in Arkansas, Colorado, Texas, and Wisconsin requires adult participation in parent training and responsibility courses.
    Can you imagine glamour mom doing road-side cleanup?

But seriously, take that shit to civil.
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Tue Apr 21st, 2009 at 04:04 PM.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Good write up dude. I hope it all works out for you. I can believe he plead not guilty.

AKA "Devaclis"

Why is he still walking?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

I'm with salsa, sue the bejezus out of his family.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

+1 ... at least a lawsuit might teach that douchewaffle a lesson.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I'm with dana on this
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Why is he still walking?
    and still able to use his jaw to chew solid food! If he lived upstairs from me, he would have had multiple accidents,,,,well,,, pretty much everywhere he went......

Sorry to hear you haven't been repaid yet....
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    If he lived upstairs from me, he would have had multiple accidents....

Yeah, those stairs can be a real bitch......
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

AKA "Devaclis"

I am not saying hurt the guy, I am saying "give him a ride" he should not have to walk.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

hmmm, I'm saying "kick his ass"....
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Get Primitive on his ass - in the "Hunt & Gather" sense
    (Hunt down his Ass & Gather your Money)

^^^^^^ yep yep.

He really messed up your ignition and fork tubes. Sue momma.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

What I WOULDN'T do is discuss physically hamring the guy on a public internet forum and then see him get hurt...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Best of luck with everything! I'm still in the midst of my civil suit against my drunk driver...what a fooking nightmare man! It is rather pitiful, but there seems to be virtually to NO recourse for these guys that never do pay out for victim's comp or restitution and such. Another one of the great loopholes in our entirely overwhelmed justice system.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

I remember you making posts when this happened. Sorry to hear shit isn't working out. Im not surprised thought. The law isn't good for much. I applaud you for your patience. Im to unstable to do that, I would bushwhack the SOB.
    2004 Blue GSX-R 600 Ghetto Fenderectomy

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I wonder if one of the news stations' investigative reporting teams might be interested in this story?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Bad things happen to scumbags that steal motorcycles. One of the punks that stole my dirt bike is dead (single vehicle car crash). I keep watching news stories for the other one to drop.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Can you sue his mama ?
    From what I am gathering a civil suit, I am going to look into this more tonight! Their resolution of $50 a month is ricockulous, He will be paying it for just over 10 YEARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/pubs/reform/ch2_d.html

Other interesting info on the subject:

Can you imagine glamour mom doing road-side cleanup?

But seriously, take that shit to civil.
    Yes, nothing more I would like. This story was out and Willie B from 106.7 had me on talking about it. He said I shouldnt go after Moma, but you know what...She is just as much of a douche as her son is. She was saying how I was making death threats, calling them and following them, trying to run them over in the court parking lot....Whatev.. When I went to pickup the bike I wanted so badly to get my hands on this bitch but they already took him away. I said I want to know where he lives and they said they couldnt tell me....2 minutes later a cop gave me a card with his name and address on it. KUDOS to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Why is he still walking?
    I thought about it, but I figured the court would make him pay.....what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    He really messed up your ignition and fork tubes. Sue momma.
    He also cracked all but one fairing, fucked up the electrics too, no more neutral light and now it trys to start while in gear without the clutch and the headlight wiring was burned. Also broke 2 of the connectors connected to the ignition. The tank and rear storage locks were also fucked up, since he didnt have the keys he still had to put gas in it. He hit the clutch and throttle cables with the grinder too, had to replace both of those...And endless other shit

Quote Originally Posted by Centrios View Post
    I remember you making posts when this happened. Sorry to hear shit isn't working out. Im not surprised thought. The law isn't good for much. I applaud you for your patience. Im to unstable to do that, I would bushwhack the SOB.
    Yeah, I just got the nerve to put it up so everyone else could see it. I am still overwhelmed by it but shit happens....Whatever you guys do protect your shit!!! Anything you could do to make it difficult for someone to get at it, do it. Even a chain, locked door or garage protection is enough to let these pricks look the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I wonder if one of the news stations' investigative reporting teams might be interested in this story?

Dirk
    I would love to tell it....I am truly getting screwed by the system... Although the felonies will still be on his record until he pays off the full $5100 or whatever the total was, so that sucks for him

Quote Originally Posted by kalibra View Post
    oh yeah and please post up their fuckin license plate and whatever else info you have on the fuckers cause you never know someone might run into them one of these days...
    His name is Matthew Piha, he is 18 and looks like a little geek...thats all i know.
    Last edited by sugarrey; Tue Apr 21st, 2009 at 09:36 PM.