Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of when my 99 R1 was stolen

Re: Pics of when my 99 R1 was stolen

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    What I WOULDN'T do is discuss physically hamring the guy on a public internet forum and then see him get hurt...
    +1 on what Chris said. I would probably edit out anything pertaining to wanting to harm him, no matter how badly you want to see his ass get an Alabama attitude adjustment.

I would really like to see this get resolved though. Have you spoke to any representation for civil litigation?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    +1 on what Chris said. I would probably edit out anything pertaining to wanting to harm him, no matter how badly you want to see his ass get an Alabama attitude adjustment.

I would really like to see this get resolved though. Have you spoke to any representation for civil litigation?
    No but being unemployed has its advantages....I am going to goto the jefferson courthouse tomorrow and talk to the PO and whomever else I need to talk to, to start the process.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I'm amazed that you parked your bike outside and only had liability insurance on it. My bike was paid off when I rode it off the lot, but I make sure it has lots of insurance !
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

It was in a secured parking garage with 24 hours security and security gates, and I had it boxed in by concrete and 2 other vehicle...but if you have the gate opener to the garage like mommy did, you can get away with anything I guess.

I previously had it in a friends garage, but one bike in that garage was stolen so I moved it out to what I thought was a safer place....Learned my lesson!

http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/...ategory/County

Forms are rather easy...Fee is minimal...and you can make him pay for that too...usually a $$$ limit on a civil case. What you need help with the clerk will help you with...since there is already a judgement...All info is here though.

I would ask his PO how long they will him slide before they consider it a viloation, and, instead of a deferred sentence take him back to court? Also, he has to pay the PO $$$ every month..and believe me they are getting their money...there is also victim assistance and you can call them about your rights. That would be under the sheriffs dept/criminal side.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Good info GC. I should mention that if you are going to try to chase down the parents for vicarious liability, be sure to see what Colorado's specific limits are on that since the $4,100 in my previous info was a national average.

Also, I'm wondering if civil restitution would affect the payments from the kiddo. Maybe something could slip through the cracks and you get to nail both of them with restitution payment(s). I'm usually not one to hate like this, but too much bad shit has been happening to good people lately.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Have to bear in mind Zach that restitution can only be paid out for certain things...such as medical payments - so I'm not sure what all he could go after in that arena. Even if restitution WAS awarded, it can be taken into consideration in a civil suit and reduce payments awarded there.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Jess, that could be right, however I think the key here is the vicarious liability on the parent's part that covers, for example, any property damage their kids cause. I'm just running off what I remember from Biz Law here, but I feel like there is a in-out case in civil court since judgment has already been ruled on the kiddo.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Yes, but isn't restitution solely from the criminal side of things? Now that it sounds like that side of the case is closed, are they able to retroactively tack on restitution?
    Eh... who in the world knows? The best advice I got after the wreck was just to get a lawyer. There are far too many loopholes and contingencies to guess and work off of hearsay. The involvement of a minor is something also completely out of my realm of experience as well....so yeah..... lawyer time - even if just for a consult!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Perhaps restitution is not the word I was looking for...?

But yes, at least talk to some good lawyers.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Sorry to hear about this whole nightmare. I hope everything works out for you after all.
    Best Regards,
    Newt.
    MEN NEVER GROW UP, THEY JUST GET CHUBBIER

I was awarded restitution for property damages from the dead guy…won’t be collecting anything.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Did you ever hear any word about whether or not the charges for the stolen handguns were dropped or if he was charged separately for a serious felony in that instance.

Sorry to hear about that and I will keep that scumbags name in mind

"We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us. " -Fight Club
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Why is he still walking?
    That's what I was wondering.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

I am on my way there now to see what I can do. Carrie, thanks so much, you've helped me out a ton!

Zach and Med I am sure this is going to be a nightmare, but I am hoping I get someone (at jefferson courthouse) who has had something stole from them recently and is just as pissed as I am.

Mike, not sure what happened with the stolen gun, they were really tightlipped about that situation with me.

[quote=sugarrey;440441]Carrie, thanks so much, you've helped me out a ton!quote]

No problem....you are very welcome. Hope it all works out.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Damn Dude i didnt know this shit was still going on. Did you get a garage to store your bike in? You can always use mine if you want
    Roy
    2008 R6S Raven, Highly Moddified
    Also known as the token black guy

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Damn, Let the anti-terrorist see me post this...screw the law take my shit or break my shit I'm coming after you.

My neighbor is always worried about gangs, I could give a damn about them, it's these little punk ass hats that irritate me.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Wish I coulda met him in the ring a few years ago in my hay day....