Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the Girls

Re: For the Girls

"Hooligan Threads is a progressive company aimed at raising motorcycle awareness and, thereby, increasing safety for two wheeled goons worldwide."

Copied and pasted this from your first thread in General Discussion. I feel like the only one here that thinks this statement and your logo, both male and female, are completely contradictory?!?! Seems like showing a sportbike rider doing a wheelie is not the best way to promote safety and awareness

Just my 0.02. But I might just be thinking about it too critically tho...just a thought.

Also, I would prefer it in a bold blue or green. No pastel colors here. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by nattynoo View Post
    "Hooligan Threads is a progressive company aimed at raising motorcycle awareness and, thereby, increasing safety for two wheeled goons worldwide."

Copied and pasted this from your first thread in General Discussion. I feel like the only one here that thinks this statement and your logo, both male and female, are completely contradictory?!?! Seems like showing a sportbike rider doing a wheelie is not the best way to promote safety and awareness

Just my 0.02. But I might just be thinking about it too critically tho...just a thought.

Also, I would prefer it in a bold blue or green. No pastel colors here. Bleh.
    That's what makes this logo, and company idea unique. The idea of marketing motorcycle safety and awareness to the public in a trendy almost hooliganish way, is not typical.

This gets peoples attention, causes them to ask questions just like you did.

Just because the dude's doing a wheelie in the logo doesn't make it an evil logo.

What if I made it a picture of some dude dragging a knee instead? Is it ok for him to drag a knee instead of ride a wheelie? How do you know if he's on a track or on a public roadway, or in a parking lot?

The point I'm making is people think wheelie riding is eccentric, neat, and part of sport bike riding. It's not going to go away.

I on the other hand am attempting to use the logo with a positive message, which is a beautiful dichotomy as far as I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by fullgrownbear View Post
    That's what makes this logo, and company idea unique. The idea of marketing motorcycle safety and awareness to the public in a trendy almost hooliganish way, is not typical.

This gets peoples attention, causes them to ask questions just like you did.

Just because the dude's doing a wheelie in the logo doesn't make it an evil logo.

What if I made it a picture of some dude dragging a knee instead? Is it ok for him to drag a knee instead of ride a wheelie? How do you know if he's on a track or on a public roadway, or in a parking lot?

The point I'm making is people think wheelie riding is eccentric, neat, and part of sport bike riding. It's not going to go away.

I on the other hand am attempting to use the logo with a positive message, which is a beautiful dichotomy as far as I'm concerned
    Never said that your logo was evil in any way at all (contradictory, yes), just that people will not associate motorcycle safety and awareness immediately just from looking at the logo of a sportbike rider doing a wheelie (and I'm not so sure that some people will care enough ask questions, just go on believing that all sportbike riders are obnoxious and not worth their time)

I commend you for changing things up a bit to try and get people more aware of sportbike riders as a whole. Its very refreshing, and I actually do like the logo personally (not asking for it to go away, just curious as to what your thoughts were on my remarks). So thanks for going into detail about what you feel your logo stands for (and now that you explained it I think its a great idea)

Unfortunately, I think the few bad apples out there who do stunts like wheelies wrecklessly on the street ruin the sportbike rider image for the rest of us. If you had a motorcyclist draggin' knee I think it would be contradictory as well (since we can be a bit obnoxious in the canyons)! Its a Catch 22 for sure, you want to get people's attention, but you might get the opposite effect that you are looking for from some people...

I hear what you're saying, bad apples in every bunch is right on for sure.

As for the thought people will not immediately associate motorcycle safety awareness with the logo, that's exactly the point!

The logo/idea is the tip of the spear, meant to generate further conversation. It's like a puzzle. People like the mystery of things, the potential of things to generate a thought process.

That's the entire premise behind the idea. It's got to be interesting, captivating, and have a rebel element all at the same time, to get people's attention.

Alright ladies -

Logo is as stands - but we changed the color based on the general consensus.

It will first be offered on a black t-shirt with a hot pink logo. Down the road you will be able to get kawi green, purple, and some sort of hot blue instead. Not to far in the near future....

On a different note, who would be interested in a Tee with the logo, including the CSC logo with possibly the web address somewhere? This idea was brought up and I thought I'd see what you all think. That way you'd be sporting CSC and the Hooligirl logo.
    Last edited by fullgrownbear; Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

Sign me up for one

Guess I will wear the pink to be equally rebellious and contradictory...it might just spark some conversation

Medium Please. Thank You.
    Last edited by nattynoo; Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Sign me up for one also! Large!

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

im in! medium. and I love the pink any shade!

I'm in for the hot pink logo!

I'm pry a large - is it a female shape-d t? Tank?

Maybe I missed something where the actual clothing is described?
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.

There are going to be tanks and tees. I'll let you know when you can jump on the sight and order one. My printer is cronke enterprises, who also takes care of the nuggets basketball team, and colorado rapids. I should have these printed within a week or two ladies. Thanks for the patience.

i know i told ya medium, still true but i would love a tank and a tee. I need all season wear lol

Thumbs up Re: For the Girls

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmgirl View Post
    I hate pink. How about purple? Anything but sissy pink.
    I agree love the picture...just not the color...maybe light blue or white??
    2008 Ninja 250

Ladies,

They are available in black/pink and purple/pink at this time.

They actually turned out really well. My printer messed up by printing the pink on the purple but it actually made a neat t shirt.

Order it at www.hooliganthreadz.com

James

And if you want other colors, suggest it in here.

A few of you have placed orders and they are on the way! I have some tank top (form fitted ) coming in a few days.

Are you going to bring some of the tank tops to Bike Night (I already ordered a couple T-Shirts).

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Hopefully they will be in, in time. I think they will be.

James