Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn't think it was possible. (Pics of the '05 Zook GP)

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I didn't think it was possible. (Pics of the '05 Zook GP)

OOOOOO ME LIKLY!!!

Story Here...
    Newton

I didn't think it was possible

Suzuki actually managed to make something uglier than the new Gixxers.
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Re: I didn't think it was possible

See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Looking at it kinda make me want to hang myself

Where there's a will, there's a way.

It'll be interesting to see how the new ride does.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="173671
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
    ...and enough $$$...

Kristian

Me too. I'm wondering if any of Suzuki's rider have the heart to even try this year after what the whole orginization went through lasy season.

Even if the bike were as good as the M1 or the RC211V the team may not have any faith left.

Should be fun to watch though

God its so ugly

its so god damn ugly i think it just ruined my life.

UGLY!

Re: Pic of the 2005 Suzuki MotoGP bike

Damn, looks like I'm riding Bertha's coat tails

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them
    i love it except for the exhaust...why didn't they go undertail?
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Looks nice except for the exhaust hangers.

It will still get its ass kicked by Yamaha and Honda.... and proabably Ducati, Kawisaki. It may have a chance against the Proton team and the Harris team.
    2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200
    04 R1... it looked fast for a reason (gone)

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Can't say I like the new paint job, but I still think the GSV-R looks damn good.

They modified the air scoop though, and it seems to resemble the Daytona 600 a little, which isn't attractive. Other than that, it's a sweet looking bike in my opinion!

I don't have much hope for Kenny Rogers JR or whatever his real name is, but I do have hope for John Hopkins. He's put the GSV-R on the front row on occassion, and he's also had very fast qualifying times with it. I think they definitely have a chance this year to get on the podium.
    The other good thing is, they now have a new team manager, Paul Denning, from the BSB Rizla Suzuki squad. Garry Taylor is retiring, and I think Paul Denning will be a good fresh addition to the team to raise the fallen spirits (or raise hell).

One more thing they need to do, get rid of Mr. Negative Kenny Roberts JR, and add somebody like Mladin/Yates/Spies in there.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

I don't see whats so bad about it...I'll admit the paint scheme doesn't flatter the lines of the bike very well, but if it was painted differently (think matte black with a few highlights of a grey/silver/gunmetal type color) I think it'd look pretty sweet.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

I have great hope for Hopper too, but I think things get to him too easily.

If the bike works flawlessly I'm sure he'll do well. Probably at least top ten. but if he has even a small problem to overcome I don't feel he'll be able to make a good showing.
    I doubt the bike will make a complete turn around anyway so its all a moot point really

Don't even get me started on Mladin/Yates?spies in GP

reason its not undertail is undertail in general creates more kinks, more kinks = less power plain and simple.

Look at the rc211, it has an undertail and a side pipe. (however the undertail on the 211 are fairly straight). Now being a v i dont know how the exhaust comes off the head.

However screw what it looks like, race bikes are meant to be fast, not to look good (although they usually do)

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

I like how all there is to talk about with htis bike is the old looking paint

God I hate Suzuki

I just read in Sport Rider (March) that Hopper was offered many other rides and "elected" to stay on with Suzuki. Honestly, I kind of like the new bike... it reminds me of my old Katana

They managed to redesign the motor a bit and got some of the power that they desperately needed, and they are now on Bridgestones... which I see as a bonus. They will hopefully get better help with tire development than running second fiddle for the Michelin guys.

KRJR -- I think he's lost the fight in him... not that I know him personally -- I just try to picture life as a former world champion clawing at the back of the pack

Hopper has a career in front of him yet.

Just my thoughts

Kurt
    2000 Suzuki GSXR750
    1974 Honda CL200 Scrambler
    Former AMA/CCS, WERA, MRA, F-USA
    Current AMA Member, SMRI Racer
    Check out www.vonconcepts.com

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    I thought that was funny too. I really don't think the bike looks that cool.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

It was a little puzzling when Hopkiins choose to remain with the almost defunct team.

I think it was his strong sense of loyalty. That being said, put the boy on the RC and watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r";p="173705
    Can't say I like the new paint job,
    ........... The swirls on the tail section kind of reminds me of Ralph's paint job! :P

Its like totally psycadelic man...

uh i got the munchies

Quote Originally Posted by RF McCoy";p="173716
    It was a little puzzling when Hopkiins choose to remain with the almost defunct team.

I think it was his strong sense of loyalty. That being said, put the boy on the RC and watch out!
    From the January edition of Roadracing World, the article "The GP Kid", written by John Hopkins:
    Before the final race of the season at Valencia I was talking with Ducati and Suzuki and that was who it came down to for next year. Everything seemed really good with the ducati and it looked like that was moving forward, but ultimately they ended up choosing Carlos Checa just due to the fact that he has a Spanish passport. Ducati's main sponsor is Malboro and Spain is their biggest market and they need to sell Spanish cigarettes, so they went with him.

Basically, the bosses at Suzuki came back and said that they want results and performance-wise that they were going to stick with me. Going into the weekend, I was quite confident the Suzuki deal was going to happen. We had already agreed to all the terms and all that was left was to sign on the dotted line ...

It was also the first weekend with the new team manager there, Paul Denningm whoran the top British Superbike team for the past several seasons. He's a real nice guy and he seems really focused and motivated. He's quite young to be a team manager, but I think he knows what needs to be done and what changes are needed to get there, so I'm pretty excited to have him on board.
    And from the MotoGP Notes from the same issue:

"I signed just before lunch today and it lifted a big weight from my shoulders," said Hopkins on Saturday at Valencia. "Suzuki's commitment to its racing department is tremendous and we have new people coming on board with the team bringing fresh ideas to the table... The team made major improvements to the bke this year and if we can continue that I think we can be a real contender next year."

Next year Suzuki's MotoGP squad will have a new team manager for the first time in more than two decades - Briton Paul Denning, who fronted the factory's successful British Superbike campaign this season - and Hopkins believes that will make a difference to his fortunes. "Paul is really motivated," said Hopper. "He's determined to see the team put in the effort it needs to be successful. He seems on the ball and ready to go. The team's momentum is already rolling this year and I'm optimistic that we'll take it to the next level in 2005.

I think maybe Hopper has some inside info that we don't know about.

Just needed to sell Spanish cigarettes sounds like a bit of an excuse for not being picked up.
    Granted Ducati like European riders more than filthy Americans, but that just sounds like
    Just my view of course.

Every year every manufactuer/rider says they think they have a real contender. Rarely is it true.
    And I deffinetly think that the Zooki will have better results next year, I mean it almost has to be better from shear physics , I doubt it'll explode the way the M1 did last year. I think Hopper just had a lack of options and a sense of duty to his team.

Hos showings last year wern't knocking anyone outta thier shoes. Of course he still has a better chance then Hayden ever will