At this morning's CDOT/CSP Motorcycle Safety news conference, we learned that 2008 set an all-time record for motorcycle fatalities in Colorado, at I believe 98 deaths. The season hasn't even really gone full swing yet and there are already 14 this year.

Channel 7 News was there filming, and Mike Landess was one of the speakers so I am hopeful it will be aired this evening and help raise some awareness to cagers as well, but the issue is shared by both riders and cagers alike, so please THINK about what you're doing out there! So many wrecks could be avoided with some situational awareness and knowledge of how to handle the bike. And on that note...

ABATE is starting up an MSF-sanctioned, sportbike-specific advanced rider course that I think will be very beneficial; Terry will be posting up details on that separately, but they are going to also be giving CSC a big discount to get signed up for the upcoming class in May. I'm also hoping to incorporate these training opportunities into more CSC-related events in general, but this will be the first chance to check it out and give them good feedback. I also spent a while this morning learning more about the class (and will be again in the next couple weeks) and it should really be a useful thing.