Thread: Rifle Rendezvous Car/Bike Show

Rifle Rendezvous Car/Bike Show

One of my co-workers at Shell is putting together this year's Rifle Rendezvous. He has asked me to let everybody know that they are having a car and bike show and would LOVE to get some sport bikes in on things.

The event is the evening of Friday May 15, 2009 in Rifle, CO. I am hoping to be able to ride out there myself and would love to be able to meet some of our western members.

If you are interested in attending at all, let me know! I will post up more details as soon as I get them.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Re: Rifle Rendezvous Car/Bike Show

OK...so the "Iron Show" for the Rifle Rendezvous will take place on Friday, May 15 from 6pm-9pm.

This originally started as a car show, but the organizer is a sport bike fan and is getting bikes involved as well. He has a contingent of cruisers or choppers (I can't remember what kind...just not sport bikes) that have agreed to come. He really wants to see some sport bikes there as well!

The event is free and there are various festivities throughout the entire weekend. The link for the event is:
    http://riflerendezvous.org/?p=1

James (the organizer) tells me that we can show up however early we need to set up. He was hoping that we could get an "official" gathering to represent CSC and/or R2SL. We can hang any banners we want and hand out any literature/info related to our groups.

If the weather holds, I plan on riding out either that Thur or early on Friday (I have to be back in Denver the following Saturday). I will be staying with some friends out here, but if there is enough interest - I can try to work out some lodging deals. Or you can make a nice little mini trip out of it and just stay in Glenwood Springs! =)

For those of you that aren't familiar with where Rifle is:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
    The Garfield County Fairgrounds:
    http://www.garfield-county.com/Modul...ocumentid=1873
    All ya need to do is take exit 91 from I-70 (Hwy 13) and take a right/north on Hwy 13. The fairgrounds are on the northern side of Rifle, on the left/west side of the highway.

If you have any further questions, please contact me. If you think you may be able to go - I'd love to know so I can give James a general idea of how many of us to expect. It will also give us an opportunity to maybe organize a ride out on the western slope!!!

Oh and if anybody from the Denver/Spgs areas are thinking of going up with a trailer, lemme know! I'd love to be able to steal a spot on someone's trailer if the weather turns sour.
    ~Jess~

Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

BUMP

Anybody else interested in this? I've gotten a few PMs about it - would love to get some more folks involved!

This might be a great chance to meet some of our western slope members and get some riding in! =)
    ~Jess~

PM sent...hopefully ill be able to make it, but not sure thats gonna work out...gotta keep that money rollin in. If momma aint happy....NOBODYs happy.HAHAHAHA. Been running the supercage outta Denver area and gonna be for a couple weeks....maybe a bike night at a truckstop? Or close enough that i can come and meet some of the crew??

Anybody going to this?

I know angab is out in rifle this weekend but she didn't take her bike. I was going to try and ride out on friday but it doesn't look like it's going to happen Otherwise I would have washed up the old gal and shown her off (although she's not much to look at).

lol....thats my problem....not showin my bike but would like to ride over and meet some of the crew.

HAHA.. my bike is about as dirty looking as they come right now - and going to be that much worse after riding out there! Oh well... I figure it is an excuse to ride out. Anyway... I'm headed out early this afternoon after a meeting I have.

Sean - if angab gets bored out there, have her stop by to visit me! lol

If anybody else decides to come out, feel free to call/text me! I'll have my Blackberry with me, so I'll get notified of any PMs when I check it - so I can get back in touch with ya or PM you my cell #.
    ~Jess~

Quote Originally Posted by Medicjess View Post
    Sean - if angab gets bored out there, have her stop by to visit me! lol
    I'll let her know.

Figures....been off all week and planned on going to this until the phone rings at 7am needin a truck driver.....sorry jess.

Well damn! Lol...getting breakfast in Grand Junction now then down to Gateway. The trip out was much easier than I expected.
    ~Jess~