Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Admission to the races! Track-side view! Free Lunch! And get paid?!?

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: Free Admission to the races! Track-side view! Free Lunch! And get paid?!?

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerCarrie View Post
    I think you changed it...I think it only said the 10th at first
    Deputy: "Ok miss, I'd like you to walk along this line right here, placing one foot in front of the other."

Carrie: "Which one? I see two of them!"
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Deputy: "Ok miss, I'd like you to walk along this line right here, placing one foot in front of the other."

Carrie: "Which one? I see two of them!"
    Bob...don't be jealousy of my super drinking skills from Sunday...I wasn't tryin to juggle that's for damn sure. I had no worries...I had a DD. Thank GOD! Too much fun! I still think you changed the first post Mr. Admin.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerCarrie View Post
    I still think you changed the first post Mr. Admin.
    Even when admins edit posts, there is an "Edited" tag at the bottom. I think you were better off with the excuse.
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

I wasn't intending this to be a sign-up thread. If people posted up that they're going to go, maybe it'll rally more people, but lets leave the actual sign-up process to how it's documented at the bottom of the first post:
    I'm in - how do I sign up?
    You can sign up, even just a few days prior to any race weekend, using one of the following methods:

• Online in the "MRA Corner Marshals" section of the MRA forums (registration required) - this is also a good place to coordinate carpools to out-of-town races.
    • By email to cornerworker@emaiko.com

I'm going to delete the "sign-up"-related posts to avoid any further confusion.
    R.I.P. 502

I would be up for working HPR next weekend! Please pm me for needed info from me.

Gary

Since people seem to have missed it the first time around, I've made the following text bigger in the first post:

I'm in - how do I sign up?
    You can sign up, even just a few days prior to any race weekend, using one of the following methods:

• Online in the "MRA Corner Marshals" section of the MRA forums (registration required) - this is also a good place to coordinate carpools to out-of-town races.
    • By email to cornerworker@emaiko.com
    R.I.P. 502

BOB..BE NICE. I'm busting out laughing here! (and it does say edited..so there!)

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Stevie and I are in for the 10th
    Mike

Why tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death!

www.myspace.com/mikehoner
    http://www.pickeringsauto.com/index.htm
    I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

Still need people? If so I am pretty sure I can do the 9th and 10th.

MRA Head Corner Marshal

We can always use more people. Particularly at HPR. For the Saturday race school we had 31 cornerworkers and it wasn't too many.

-Nick

EDIT

No can do now for HPR on Saturday. My wifes work schedule just changed so she now works on Saturdays so I have no one to watch the runts. Thanks though.
    For My Diavan

Quote Originally Posted by Craven_Morehead View Post
    EDIT

No can do now for HPR on Saturday. My wifes work schedule just changed so she now works on Saturdays so I have no one to watch the runts. Thanks though.
    Just hide the little ones behind the cement wall!!!! They can play in the tire bundles, etc....
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

i'm intrestd in being a corner worker, and am trying to register at the MRA fourm website but i'm having issues; when i hit the submit button it keeps saying "Incorrect special pass-phrase." wtf, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by CELO View Post
    i'm intrestd in being a corner worker, and am trying to register at the MRA fourm website but i'm having issues; when i hit the submit button it keeps saying "Incorrect special pass-phrase." wtf, please help.
    The special code is "denver" type in box right after u type in you password!
    MRA #595
    01' YZF R6 RACE (Kinky Kylie)
    Facebook - Shawn Parrish

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

May '09

Saturday & Sunday

May 9th, 10th

Race #2 at

High Plains Raceway

First MRA race ever at this venue.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Unique RR View Post
    The special code is "denver" type in box right after u type in you password!
    thanks bro.

btw, whats up fellow dotnet bro. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    May '09

Saturday & Sunday

May 9th, 10th

Race #2 at

High Plains Raceway

First MRA race ever at this venue.
    i am SO down to work this venue.

welp, i just PM gone skiing about becomeing a corner worker. i hope that he gets back in time for me to work this weekend. btw, where is high plains raceway? is it far from the springs? maybe i should just google it, nevermind.

you know what i think that i'm blind, i can't find the HPR address. i did find their P.O. box, but if i use that at map quest that won't give me directions on how to get there. i guess i'll just have to give them a call tomorrow. unless someone can help me out before then?

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CELO View Post
    you know what i think that i'm blind, i can't find the HPR address. i did find their P.O. box, but if i use that at map quest that won't give me directions on how to get there. i guess i'll just have to give them a call tomorrow. unless someone can help me out before then?
    High Plains Raceway - 93301 E Highway 36, Deertrail, Colorado 80105
    Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.
    Information: Call (303) 769-4771

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/index.html
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

thanks you very much nick.

is anyone intrested in doing corner work at the hastings race over weekend memorial? if so i'm trying to get a carpool together so that the gas hit won't be too bad. please pm if intrested.

I've recently discovered that the information I was given when I first posted the pay structure was incorrect. I've updated the first post with the correct information. Here it is in a nutshell:

Pay is as follows:

• Starting pay is $50 per day, plus a $10 bonus for each additional day worked (so a 3-day weekend would pay $50+$60+$70)
    • To reward people who keep coming back year after year, anybody who worked more than half the races in the preceeding year is considered "Experienced" and will receive $75 per day (plus the $10 bonus for each additional day).

Sorry.
    R.I.P. 502

any luck with those corner marshall t-shirts?

to my understanding @ the next race @ HPR, the track is going hot @0800. is this the normal time the track goes hot? do the corner workers report @ the same bat time?

PM me to get a discount on your next purchase at http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sport/