Thread: Once again, Stupidity Prevails

Once again, Stupidity Prevails

So the long part of the story would involve the Ducati, the Nemesis ECU, and the wide band Lambda sensor that I installed. I just wanted to map the ECU for an exact Air / Fuel ratio at all RPM's and all throttle positions as I rode the bike.

Saturday I decided to go see how it works. Put my lap top computer in my back pack and headed to Bishops Castle thinking that would be a great test. Yes it works, I dialed in a 13.5 A/F just to be a tad bit on the rich side and things were working very well.

At Westcliffe I decided to dial it up a bit more and moved it to 13.7 A/F ratio and headed towards 50. I was doing some mild roll on's in third gear to get the mapping set. You know first and second gears are to fast, you can bounce it off the rev limiter faster than the lambda sensor can react. Forth and fifth would be a bit fast for public roads at red line so I thought third might work. Well, third is still too fast as the local sheriff told me as he just happened to come around a corner at the wrong time. I made his day.

So being stupid and not doing this on the track or on a dyno is going to cost me BIG (assuming I can even keep my license). Does anybody know of a good traffic lawyer in Freemont County (Cannon City)?

Re: Once again, Stupidity Prevails

no, I don't. But maybe this would be a good time to make a move to South America.
    Sorry about your luck. That sucks big time. I've had to be as good as possible and really careful to keep my driving privileges for the last year. This summer I can go back to being bad again, well, I'm naturally bad, but in the other way...LOL!!

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

OKD,
    My last ticket up in that county the Deputy Sheriff had the wrong date of the incident, the wrong hwy, 96 instead of 69, and the wrong time of day.
    So I fought it thinking the dipshit is dyslexic (sp) and read the radar wrong, 75 mph instead of 57 mph, as well. I did prove to the judge all of the aformentioned descrepencies and after the deputy admitted he did in fact make all of those mistakes the judge did not think he made a mistake on the speed. That court up there in Westcliff is a racket. Look at your ticket good, if it is the same guy you may get your fine and points reduced as I did, the judge was cool on that front. As far as speeding, pay more attention, dammit! We will be cruizing thru there in a week or so, we could all flip him the bird as we go by, doing the speed limit of course.

Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Damn that sucks Ron
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

I guess I have to take part of the blame on this one. If I hadn't welded up his pipes for him, he wouldn't have had a new toy to play with.

Hope they go easy on you!!!

There's no place like home............

a specific position or point in physical space

OKD,

Sorry to hear about the ticket...

I am having to deal with one from AZ at the moment.
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

Ouch, OKD that doesn't sound real good.... Hope it works out for the best.

Gee guys! Sorry to hear about the tickets Drift and OKD. Good luck getting those resolved. Speeding is expensive these days...of course I've learned that the hard way too.

Faster. Till the thrill of speed over comes the fear of death.

http://www.myspace.com/yvonneforever15

http://colocustommetal.zoovy.com/

Sorry OKD, sounds like when it comes to that Duc, if it weren't fer bad luck, you'd have no luck t'all
    Last edited by Mental; Tue May 12th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Well Bless your heart!

(sorry, I'm a southern girl.)

Like they say, "A Ducati will either break your wallet, your ass or your heart!"

Thank god OKD has an Iron Butt, or he'd be in the trifecta.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Girl, I should have talked to you a long time ago. There is such wisdom in those words..

Quote Originally Posted by y_merkle View Post
    Like they say, "A Ducati will either break your wallet, your ass or your heart!"

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger View Post
    Girl, I should have talked to you a long time ago. There is such wisdom in those words..
    Thanks. Unfortunitly we learned that the hard way too!